06-01-2013 08:45 PM
81 1234
tools
    Online the rebate is instant, in store its mail in.
    staticz likes this.
    05-16-2013 11:40 AM
    Online the rebate is instant, in store its mail in.
    Thank you! Guess I'll just wait it out on Newegg and save $70.
    05-16-2013 11:42 AM
    Yeah, wish mine hadn't shipped already or I'd had canceled it and went with them too.
    05-16-2013 11:43 AM
    Also, how is it Newegg can offer these for $29.99, anyway?
    05-16-2013 11:53 AM
    newegg is thru simplexity. simplexity seems to have really bad reviews. can anyone here confirm or deny? wondering if I should just wait a little bit and order from vzw or amazon if their prices go down.
    05-16-2013 12:08 PM
    You still pay the $30 upgrade fee so it's $60 total. Just submitted my order through newegg so we'll see....
    05-16-2013 12:09 PM
    newegg is thru simplexity. simplexity seems to have really bad reviews. can anyone here confirm or deny? wondering if I should just wait a little bit and order from vzw or amazon if their prices go down.
    And Simplexity seems to be related to WireFly. Ripoff Report | Wirefly - Simplexity | Complaint Review: 432020

I'm not verifying that this complaint is worth paying attention to, but just saw that those two are lumped in together.
    05-16-2013 12:26 PM
    The complaints at that site are pretty old (from 2009), and seem to be about the company having offered a rebate of some kind that they never delivered on.

In this instance, there is no rebate to try to claim. They are charging you $29.99 for the phone, and then Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee separately. Hopefully they've cleaned up their act.

That's my hope, anyway, cos I went ahead and ordered it. $29.99 instead of $99.99 was too good to pass up.

There's a disclaimer from simplexity you have to agree to before purchasing. I don't recall the exact specifics, but I think that as long as you don't cancel your service with Verizon w/in 181 days (I think that was the number), and you don't try to buy the phone on one line and transfer to another, and a few other things like that, you should be good. Basically, as long as you buy it on a plan, and use it like any normal person would and don't try any switcheroos, you're good to go.

I was upgrading my phone by the way, not sure if it's any different if you're a new customer setting up a new 2-year contract.

The charge already hit my account, too, $29.99 as advertised.

Newegg is pretty well-regarded. I would be surprised if they'd align themselves with a service provider or program that wasn't on the up and up. Likewise for Verizon. Right? :)

Fingers crossed!
    05-16-2013 12:50 PM
    Do you have to buy it from a MS store to get the $99 insurance?
    That's what the guy at the ms store said to me
    05-16-2013 12:52 PM
    The complaints at that site are pretty old (from 2009), and seem to be about the company having offered a rebate of some kind that they never delivered on.

In this instance, there is no rebate to try to claim. They are charging you $29.99 for the phone, and then Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee separately. Hopefully they've cleaned up their act.

That's my hope, anyway, cos I went ahead and ordered it. $29.99 instead of $99.99 was too good to pass up.

There's a disclaimer from simplexity you have to agree to before purchasing. I don't recall the exact specifics, but I think that as long as you don't cancel your service with Verizon w/in 181 days (I think that was the number), and you don't try to buy the phone on one line and transfer to another, and a few other things like that, you should be good. Basically, as long as you buy it on a plan, and use it like any normal person would and don't try any switcheroos, you're good to go.

I was upgrading my phone by the way, not sure if it's any different if you're a new customer setting up a new 2-year contract.

The charge already hit my account, too, $29.99 as advertised.

Newegg is pretty well-regarded. I would be surprised if they'd align themselves with a service provider or program that wasn't on the up and up. Likewise for Verizon. Right? :)

Fingers crossed!
    My thoughts as well. I've spent lots at Newegg so I'm staking all of my good experiences with them on this.
    05-16-2013 12:56 PM
    My thoughts as well. I've spent lots at Newegg so I'm staking all of my good experiences with them on this.
    I would agree, I don't think the complaint there relates to this purchase. It isn't deterring me. I guess my point was to show that Simplexity and WireFly seem to be the same company, for whatever that's worth.
    Riverrunner88 likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:00 PM
    Just order a black one and a white one on Newegg.
    05-16-2013 01:01 PM
    The newegg price is tempting me, but I am horribly impatient after drooling over the phone and rumors of the phone for the past 2.5 months. I called my local store and they verified they have the white model in stock, so I think I will just bite the bullet on this one.
    05-16-2013 01:11 PM
    number 1 - lumia 928 is 50 bucks on wirefly.com

number 2 - if you are a bank of america customer (and you have the cash rewards credit card, which i believe is their standard card), you can get the phone for free (well you have to pay the standard vzw 30 upgrade fee)

to do so, go to your bank of america online account
    scroll to the bottom and press the "add it up" button
    a new window will open
    search for wirefly in retailers - you will see a 50 off thing for phones
    press the link, you will be sent to wirefly's website
    then just buy the phone through that, and make sure you see the 50 credit somewhere on the page
    it is not instant, you will get the cash back in like a month
    and congrats, you just got a lumia 928 for free!

i did this for my lumia 822, it works (actually lumia 822 is free and you still get 50 cash back, pretty awesome deal).
    YOU!!!... Are AWESOMESAUCE!!!
    05-16-2013 01:12 PM
    I sent this link to my wife... I am trying to talk her out of getting an iPhone 5 (she has a iPhone 4 now that is on it's way out), I think this will move her over :)

She ordered it, I think I pushed her too hard to get rid of her iphone.... I know she will love it once she uses it..
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-16-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    05-16-2013 01:32 PM
    Hey, do you still get the $25 for apps with this or is that promo a Verizon only thing ???
    05-16-2013 02:13 PM
    Hey, do you still get the $25 for apps with this or is that promo a Verizon only thing ???
    When you sign up it asks where you bought it from and has a dropdown menu with several retails - verizon, best buy, microsoft, etc. I assume it will work for more than just Verizon...
    05-16-2013 02:46 PM
    I just love how they're selling the EOL'd Lumia 810 for $60 up there. WTF?? -_-
    That is a TMobile (no subsidy) phone. You get a much cheaper rate plan.
    05-16-2013 03:28 PM
    When you sign up it asks where you bought it from and has a dropdown menu with several retails - verizon, best buy, microsoft, etc. I assume it will work for more than just Verizon...
    Found it...for anyone else wondering. It's a Microsoft thing...After you get your phone and set it up with your live account, log into this site with it.

Window Phone App Redemption

Cool, promo goes from May 16-June 23, 2013 so there is a little time....
    Radioage likes this.
    There's Microsoft insurance? $99 for two years? this may make me want to purchase from a store....
    Yes, and the deductible is $50 and covers accidental damage. I want to say that the VZW insurance has a $100 deductible and doesn't cover accidental, but I could be way off base on that, as I have not used it in about 5 years, so it's probably changed.
    Found it...for anyone else wondering. It's a Microsoft thing...After you get your phone and set it up with your live account, log into this site with it.

Window Phone App Redemption

Cool, promo goes from May 16-June 23, 2013 so there is a little time....
    Has anyone made it past the IMEI and been successful registering yet? I'm thinking this site must not sync up right away, but who knows?
    05-16-2013 03:37 PM
    Has anyone made it past the IMEI and been successful registering yet? I'm thinking this site must not sync up right away, but who knows?
    Use the MEID, which seems to be the IMEI minus the last number. Worked for me
    Radioage likes this.
    05-16-2013 03:41 PM
    just call the CS and they will apply it for you. We had some technical issues last night
    Verizon CS or Wirefly?
    05-16-2013 03:52 PM
    How about the most EXPENSIVE way?!?!

So I go in figuring I'm going to pay the $499.99 for the Full Retail to preserve my Unlimited Data plan. Come to find out, my account has a credit issue hold on it. I'm like "WTF?!?!" Check my bill. I'm current (auto-bill pay). I don't have ANY issues on my payment history. The issue is that my EX apparently didn't pay HER bill after we got divorced and my name was still on HER phone account. Keep in mind, we've been divorced for about 6 years now. At this point, I figure how bad can it be? I'll just pay it and move on with life. "Please hold..." Drum roll.... FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS LATER!!!! SUNOVA!!!! PIECE OF CRAP EX!!!!

At this point, I've already been waiting an hour and been playing with the demo. My Trophy's battery had died since it was 4 hours since I took it off the charger. I couldn't even call her to ask how she plans on paying me back. What was I going to do? I paid the deficiency and ended up getting my phone. At that point, I was so pissed I was just like, "Might as buy the wireless charger." Salesperson was apologetic and said he wished he could do something. I said "How about throwing in a pack of screen protectors?" He said he couldn't do that. Really??? He can't slip a $13 pack of screen savers into my bag after I drop about $1000???

FML...
    05-16-2013 10:25 PM
    Yes, and the deductible is $50 and covers accidental damage. I want to say that the VZW insurance has a $100 deductible and doesn't cover accidental, but I could be way off base on that, as I have not used it in about 5 years, so it's probably changed.
    Yea, $100 deductible and 6.99 a month. It does Cover accidental damage. Trust me, I know

How about the most EXPENSIVE way?!?!
    Wow, that sucks. Even after divorced she's still getting you. Gota love the EX's sometimes...ugh
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    hopmedic likes this.
    05-17-2013 05:34 AM
81 1234