cheapest way (i have seen) to get lumia 928

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
number 1 - lumia 928 is 50 bucks on wirefly.com

number 2 - if you are a bank of america customer (and you have the cash rewards credit card, which i believe is their standard card), you can get the phone for free (well you have to pay the standard vzw 30 upgrade fee)

to do so, go to your bank of america online account
scroll to the bottom and press the "add it up" button
a new window will open
search for wirefly in retailers - you will see a 50 off thing for phones
press the link, you will be sent to wirefly's website
then just buy the phone through that, and make sure you see the 50 credit somewhere on the page
it is not instant, you will get the cash back in like a month
and congrats, you just got a lumia 928 for free!

i did this for my lumia 822, it works (actually lumia 822 is free and you still get 50 cash back, pretty awesome deal).

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
number 1 - lumia 928 is 50 bucks on wirefly.com

number 2 - if you are a bank of america customer (and you have the cash rewards credit card, which i believe is their standard card), you can get the phone for free (well you have to pay the standard vzw 30 upgrade fee)

to do so, go to your bank of america online account
scroll to the bottom and press the "add it up" button
a new window will open
search for wirefly in retailers - you will see a 50 off thing for phones
press the link, you will be sent to wirefly's website
then just buy the phone through that, and make sure you see the 50 credit somewhere on the page
it is not instant, you will get the cash back in like a month

i did this for my lumia 822, it works

Thanks for sharing. I put up a thread on SlickDeals with your info, directing some people to your thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anything about WireFly, it doesn't appear they have physical locations. The page says it'll ship the 928 in 7 to 10 days. Have you ordered it? Any shipping notice yet? Just wondering if that's actual ship time or if they put a generic time frame on there.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
the promo code: FIFTYRMN posted by tcman makes the phone $49.99 on Verizon. I chose overnight shipping and paid 120 for 2 phones and will get them tomorrow.

I could only get it to work on the white. Since the black is a pre-order you can use promo codes.

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thats bs that the code didn't work last night but now it does..And I am now going to try and cancel my order from Verizon and get it from Newegg, that's too good of a deal, I'll wait until Tue to get it.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought from Wirefly back in 2005 and 2008. They have been around for a long time and nothing to fear with them. They are a 3rd party dealer just like Best Buy or Amazon...they used to make their money by forcing you to get higher plans... I wanted a 450 min plan, but to get my phones for free I had to get the 700 min plan and keep that for 6 months; something like that.

On the 2008 order, they actually did send me the wrong phones...it was a hassle but they let me keep the wrong phones, for free! Flipped them on Craigslist for $250 so it was worth it.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thats bs that the code didn't work last night but now it does..And I am now going to try and cancel my order from Verizon and get it from Newegg, that's too good of a deal, I'll wait until Tue to get it.

just call the CS and they will apply it for you. We had some technical issues last night

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
just call the CS and they will apply it for you. We had some technical issues last night

Response from the chat feature on verizon.com when I said the code was not working, "Here online we currently do not offer a promotional code for the device,I apologize."

I am trying to apply it to the full retail price, not an upgrade if that matters.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything about WireFly, it doesn't appear they have physical locations. The page says it'll ship the 928 in 7 to 10 days. Have you ordered it? Any shipping notice yet? Just wondering if that's actual ship time or if they put a generic time frame on there.

i didnt order it, i bought my lumia 822 like 4 weeks ago because i could not wait any longer for a phone.. but it definitely works.
the page said it would ship monday earlier today, so I am guessing the days are being pushed back because a lot of people are ordering them.

so newegg is the best deal it looks like, unless you are a bank of america customer, then the phone is free through wirefly

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At Microsoft, the price is $549 or $149 (off/on contract), and I traded in my day one Trophy, and got $63.27 for it, and got $25 off for taking the BingItOn challenge, which I didn't really take, since wearing a Windows Phone t-shirt, having a day one Trophy to trade in, and a day one 822 on my belt the guy believed me when I said I've already done it. :wink:

I also canceled my Verizon insurance on my phone, and bought the Microsoft insurance. $99 one-time charge rather than $7 a month for 24 months. It's cheaper overall. So with all that, I walked out spending $171.65.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't understand why this code isn't working for me. I just went through the process of upgrading another line, and I put it in, and still it doesn't reflect. I called Verizon and they said it's not a valid code. but some here are saying it works. I don't get it, I've tried everything.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why this code isn't working for me. I just went through the process of upgrading another line, and I put it in, and still it doesn't reflect. I called Verizon and they said it's not a valid code. but some here are saying it works. I don't get it, I've tried everything.

When you put the code in does it say its valid? Should change the price from $99 to $49. Sorry you are having problems it worked for me, but I'm a new customer not trying to upgrade.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
When you put the code in does it say its valid? Should change the price from $99 to $49. Sorry you are having problems it worked for me, but I'm a new customer not trying to upgrade.

it doesn't say it's invalid, but nothing happens. I put in a fake code just to test it, and it said on top in red that it's invalid. so the system isn't exactly recognizing it as an invalid code, but it's not applying it either.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i was using firefox... maybe its a browser issue? When i put my code it a flash window popps up saying "valid code: your discount will be applied at checkout"

I just tried it again, and it is working.

I will add when you hit checkout another flash windows pops up saying "we've found a better offer for you and it will be applied at checkout" then the price drops to 49.99

staticz

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to use the code listed above and no dice. The chat rep said the code didn't exist so she wasn't any help! Does the phone show up as $99 on Verizon's site for everyone or is that just because of my employer?

Tried in Firefox, IE, and Safari - that isn't it. I'm just trying to upgrade a line so maybe that is the issue.

edit: Just went into My Verizon and had a popup to save $50 on select phones. Looks like it needs to be a new line. Newegg it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss