cheapest way (i have seen) to get lumia 928

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to use the code listed above and no dice. The chat rep said the code didn't exist so she wasn't any help! Does the phone show up as $99 on Verizon's site for everyone or is that just because of my employer?

I was in chat when i ordered mine asking a few other questions, and he said that code doesnt work, but i assured him he did and he was surprised. I couldn't apply it to a black one only white.

antsmarchin

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
At Microsoft, the price is $549 or $149 (off/on contract), and I traded in my day one Trophy, and got $63.27 for it, and got $25 off for taking the BingItOn challenge, which I didn't really take, since wearing a Windows Phone t-shirt, having a day one Trophy to trade in, and a day one 822 on my belt the guy believed me when I said I've already done it. :wink:

I also canceled my Verizon insurance on my phone, and bought the Microsoft insurance. $99 one-time charge rather than $7 a month for 24 months. It's cheaper overall. So with all that, I walked out spending $171.65.

There's Microsoft insurance? $99 for two years? this may make me want to purchase from a store....

staticz

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was in chat when i ordered mine asking a few other questions, and he said that code doesnt work, but i assured him he did and he was surprised. I couldn't apply it to a black one only white.

I had the code popup in 'My Verizon' but it looks like it only for new lines. Is it $99 in store then, or do we have to go through the rebate process? If it is $149 in store then I'm going to order from Newegg and wait it out.

kamikaze80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
newegg is thru simplexity. simplexity seems to have really bad reviews. can anyone here confirm or deny? wondering if I should just wait a little bit and order from vzw or amazon if their prices go down.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
The complaints at that site are pretty old (from 2009), and seem to be about the company having offered a rebate of some kind that they never delivered on.

In this instance, there is no rebate to try to claim. They are charging you $29.99 for the phone, and then Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee separately. Hopefully they've cleaned up their act.

That's my hope, anyway, cos I went ahead and ordered it. $29.99 instead of $99.99 was too good to pass up. :smile:

There's a disclaimer from simplexity you have to agree to before purchasing. I don't recall the exact specifics, but I think that as long as you don't cancel your service with Verizon w/in 181 days (I think that was the number), and you don't try to buy the phone on one line and transfer to another, and a few other things like that, you should be good. Basically, as long as you buy it on a plan, and use it like any normal person would and don't try any switcheroos, you're good to go.

I was upgrading my phone by the way, not sure if it's any different if you're a new customer setting up a new 2-year contract.

The charge already hit my account, too, $29.99 as advertised.

Newegg is pretty well-regarded. I would be surprised if they'd align themselves with a service provider or program that wasn't on the up and up. Likewise for Verizon. Right? :)

Fingers crossed!

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The complaints at that site are pretty old (from 2009), and seem to be about the company having offered a rebate of some kind that they never delivered on.

In this instance, there is no rebate to try to claim. They are charging you $29.99 for the phone, and then Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee separately. Hopefully they've cleaned up their act.

That's my hope, anyway, cos I went ahead and ordered it. $29.99 instead of $99.99 was too good to pass up. :smile:

There's a disclaimer from simplexity you have to agree to before purchasing. I don't recall the exact specifics, but I think that as long as you don't cancel your service with Verizon w/in 181 days (I think that was the number), and you don't try to buy the phone on one line and transfer to another, and a few other things like that, you should be good. Basically, as long as you buy it on a plan, and use it like any normal person would and don't try any switcheroos, you're good to go.

I was upgrading my phone by the way, not sure if it's any different if you're a new customer setting up a new 2-year contract.

The charge already hit my account, too, $29.99 as advertised.

Newegg is pretty well-regarded. I would be surprised if they'd align themselves with a service provider or program that wasn't on the up and up. Likewise for Verizon. Right? :)

Fingers crossed!

My thoughts as well. I've spent lots at Newegg so I'm staking all of my good experiences with them on this.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts as well. I've spent lots at Newegg so I'm staking all of my good experiences with them on this.

I would agree, I don't think the complaint there relates to this purchase. It isn't deterring me. I guess my point was to show that Simplexity and WireFly seem to be the same company, for whatever that's worth.

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The newegg price is tempting me, but I am horribly impatient after drooling over the phone and rumors of the phone for the past 2.5 months. I called my local store and they verified they have the white model in stock, so I think I will just bite the bullet on this one.

mrcrusha829

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
number 1 - lumia 928 is 50 bucks on wirefly.com

number 2 - if you are a bank of america customer (and you have the cash rewards credit card, which i believe is their standard card), you can get the phone for free (well you have to pay the standard vzw 30 upgrade fee)

to do so, go to your bank of america online account
scroll to the bottom and press the "add it up" button
a new window will open
search for wirefly in retailers - you will see a 50 off thing for phones
press the link, you will be sent to wirefly's website
then just buy the phone through that, and make sure you see the 50 credit somewhere on the page
it is not instant, you will get the cash back in like a month
and congrats, you just got a lumia 928 for free!

i did this for my lumia 822, it works (actually lumia 822 is free and you still get 50 cash back, pretty awesome deal).

YOU!!!... Are AWESOMESAUCE!!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I sent this link to my wife... I am trying to talk her out of getting an iPhone 5 (she has a iPhone 4 now that is on it's way out), I think this will move her over :)

She ordered it, I think I pushed her too hard to get rid of her iphone.... I know she will love it once she uses it..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa