cheapest way (i have seen) to get lumia 928

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey, do you still get the $25 for apps with this or is that promo a Verizon only thing ???

When you sign up it asks where you bought it from and has a dropdown menu with several retails - verizon, best buy, microsoft, etc. I assume it will work for more than just Verizon...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When you sign up it asks where you bought it from and has a dropdown menu with several retails - verizon, best buy, microsoft, etc. I assume it will work for more than just Verizon...

Found it...for anyone else wondering. It's a Microsoft thing...After you get your phone and set it up with your live account, log into this site with it.

Window Phone App Redemption

Cool, promo goes from May 16-June 23, 2013 so there is a little time....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There's Microsoft insurance? $99 for two years? this may make me want to purchase from a store....

Yes, and the deductible is $50 and covers accidental damage. I want to say that the VZW insurance has a $100 deductible and doesn't cover accidental, but I could be way off base on that, as I have not used it in about 5 years, so it's probably changed.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Found it...for anyone else wondering. It's a Microsoft thing...After you get your phone and set it up with your live account, log into this site with it.

Window Phone App Redemption

Cool, promo goes from May 16-June 23, 2013 so there is a little time....

Has anyone made it past the IMEI and been successful registering yet? I'm thinking this site must not sync up right away, but who knows?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
How about the most EXPENSIVE way?!?!

So I go in figuring I'm going to pay the $499.99 for the Full Retail to preserve my Unlimited Data plan. Come to find out, my account has a credit issue hold on it. I'm like "WTF?!?!" Check my bill. I'm current (auto-bill pay). I don't have ANY issues on my payment history. The issue is that my EX apparently didn't pay HER bill after we got divorced and my name was still on HER phone account. Keep in mind, we've been divorced for about 6 years now. At this point, I figure how bad can it be? I'll just pay it and move on with life. "Please hold..." Drum roll.... FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS LATER!!!! SUNOVA!!!! PIECE OF CRAP EX!!!!

At this point, I've already been waiting an hour and been playing with the demo. My Trophy's battery had died since it was 4 hours since I took it off the charger. I couldn't even call her to ask how she plans on paying me back. What was I going to do? I paid the deficiency and ended up getting my phone. At that point, I was so pissed I was just like, "Might as buy the wireless charger." Salesperson was apologetic and said he wished he could do something. I said "How about throwing in a pack of screen protectors?" He said he couldn't do that. Really??? He can't slip a $13 pack of screen savers into my bag after I drop about $1000???

FML...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and the deductible is $50 and covers accidental damage. I want to say that the VZW insurance has a $100 deductible and doesn't cover accidental, but I could be way off base on that, as I have not used it in about 5 years, so it's probably changed.

Yea, $100 deductible and 6.99 a month. It does Cover accidental damage. Trust me, I know

Wow, that sucks. Even after divorced she's still getting you. Gota love the EX's sometimes...ugh

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

So I go in figuring I'm going to pay the $499.99 for the Full Retail to preserve my Unlimited Data plan. Come to find out, my account has a credit issue hold on it. I'm like "WTF?!?!" Check my bill. I'm current (auto-bill pay). I don't have ANY issues on my payment history. The issue is that my EX apparently didn't pay HER bill after we got divorced and my name was still on HER phone account. Keep in mind, we've been divorced for about 6 years now. At this point, I figure how bad can it be? I'll just pay it and move on with life. "Please hold..." Drum roll.... FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS LATER!!!! SUNOVA!!!! PIECE OF CRAP EX!!!!

At this point, I've already been waiting an hour and been playing with the demo. My Trophy's battery had died since it was 4 hours since I took it off the charger. I couldn't even call her to ask how she plans on paying me back. What was I going to do? I paid the deficiency and ended up getting my phone. At that point, I was so pissed I was just like, "Might as buy the wireless charger." Salesperson was apologetic and said he wished he could do something. I said "How about throwing in a pack of screen protectors?" He said he couldn't do that. Really??? He can't slip a $13 pack of screen savers into my bag after I drop about $1000???

FML...

ROFL!!!!!!
Sorry, jlee, but if you were in my situation, you'd laugh, too. My ex, divorced in 2008, decided not to make the house payment after she got remarried and they moved to another place. Last October I got a foreclosure notice, ran my credit and saw that the payment hadn't been made in about 8 months. She'd been trying to sell for more than two years, and apparently decided that she'd sell it to the bank. Then a few weeks ago, I got notice that it was going to go up for auction by the county. Apparently the bank didn't like the idea of paying the taxes.

Your problem seems small when you put it into perspective, doesn't it? :wink:

mbmullins76

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to reply to say I used the promotion code FIFTYRMN and it worked. I ordered the white model online and did an in-store pickup. $53.00 and out the door!

Matt

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
ROFL!!!!!!
Sorry, jlee, but if you were in my situation, you'd laugh, too. My ex, divorced in 2008, decided not to make the house payment after she got remarried and they moved to another place. Last October I got a foreclosure notice, ran my credit and saw that the payment hadn't been made in about 8 months. She'd been trying to sell for more than two years, and apparently decided that she'd sell it to the bank. Then a few weeks ago, I got notice that it was going to go up for auction by the county. Apparently the bank didn't like the idea of paying the taxes.

Your problem seems small when you put it into perspective, doesn't it? :wink:

LOL! Not to derail the thread, but this is pretty much one of the bg reasons WHY we got divorced. I got a call at work that said the EX hadn't made a morgtage payment in 3 months and we were 3 days from having the house foreclosed on and how I woud like to get current. That floored me. I had to leave work early that day to get everything ironed out. Fast forward a few weeks after we are in couples counseling and joint therapy and guess what. I get a call from my parents. A bank I've never heard of is looking for me at THEIR house. Come to find out she took out a $10K line of credit and used THEIR contact info as ours. WTF?!?! Meanwhile, in therapy the therapist says to my EX that if she can't involve me in the finances, consider it a metaphore and the marriage is done. She chosed to WALK home from that appointment instead of riding in the car with me. Guess that was her answer.

Needless to say, I told her we're done. Get ready to sign some divorce papers. We're done here.

So yeah, I kinda know what you're talking about. Needless to say, it's going to be a LOONG time before I go down that road again.

Now back to the 928...

passplay

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on a black 928. very excited! I did the Newegg $29.99 (!) deal as I was eligible for an upgrade. With the $30 Verizon upgrade charge that brings my total out of pocket to $59.99 for this awesome new phone! And I am still eligible to register for the $25 Windows Phone app store credit?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Not to derail the thread, but this is pretty much one of the bg reasons WHY we got divorced. I got a call at work that said the EX hadn't made a morgtage payment in 3 months and we were 3 days from having the house foreclosed on and how I woud like to get current. That floored me. I had to leave work early that day to get everything ironed out. Fast forward a few weeks after we are in couples counseling and joint therapy and guess what. I get a call from my parents. A bank I've never heard of is looking for me at THEIR house. Come to find out she took out a $10K line of credit and used THEIR contact info as ours. WTF?!?! Meanwhile, in therapy the therapist says to my EX that if she can't involve me in the finances, consider it a metaphore and the marriage is done. She chosed to WALK home from that appointment instead of riding in the car with me. Guess that was her answer.

Needless to say, I told her we're done. Get ready to sign some divorce papers. We're done here.

So yeah, I kinda know what you're talking about. Needless to say, it's going to be a LOONG time before I go down that road again.
LOL - yeah..... Been down the counseling road, too. The counselor she liked was the guy who let her sit at one end of the sofa beating me up verbally. Everything was my fault, and the guy was ok with that. The guy who I thought could actually help, she wouldn't go to. Ok. See ya! I've since remarried - married my current wife 40 days after we met. Been married 3 1/2 years. Best wife in the world. :grin:
Now back to the 928...
Ok... :wink:

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
i cancelled my Verizon ordered and ordered through Newegg. the guy in the live chat this morning at Newegg said it's backordered but I put the order through anyway, but the website still until right now says the phone ships on Monday. hmm, anybody else being told it's backordered? when I check the status of my order, it says "estimated ship date - awaiting inventory". just wondering what everyone else's order says. you have to go to whereismyorder.com to check

Brujo47

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i cancelled my Verizon ordered and ordered through Newegg. the guy in the live chat this morning at Newegg said it's backordered but I put the order through anyway, but the website still until right now says the phone ships on Monday. hmm, anybody else being told it's backordered? when I check the status of my order, it says "estimated ship date - awaiting inventory". just wondering what everyone else's order says. you have to go to whereismyorder.com to check

I ordered a white one yesterday from Newegg and I was told the same thing. I asked the rep through chat why the website still reflected they would ship on Monday. He didn't know why. Later on in the day I got an email from Newegg stating they already have a new shipment on the way and I should have an update in 48 hrs. So, we'll see if it actually ships on Monday.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a white one yesterday from Newegg and I was told the same thing. I asked the rep through chat why the website still reflected they would ship on Monday. He didn't know why. Later on in the day I got an email from Newegg stating they already have a new shipment on the way and I should have an update in 48 hrs. So, we'll see if it actually ships on Monday.

hmm, well we'll see what happens, at least it ships FedEx overnight for free, so as soon as it ships it'll be quick. fingers crossed for Monday

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo