cheapest way (i have seen) to get lumia 928

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My uneducated guess is supply chain issues.

Well, well, well ... the "black model" is NOW showing - on Verizon's site - "This item is temporarily out of stock" - for BOTH NEW 2 YEAR CONTRACTS and FULL PRICE = YIKES!!

THE "WHITE MODEL" IS STILL "AVAILABLE" ... but the "black" is "temporarily out of stock" - HOW can this be Verizon, NO BACKORDER???

Do you EVER THINK that either Samsung or Apple - in this competitive landscape - WOULD EVER show a product as "UNAVAILABLE" ?????

Microsoft and Nokia HAVE NO BALLS ... I'd be "chartering a fleet of 787s to get these BLACK Nokias to the US ...

SAD, SAD, SAD ...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, well, well ... the "black model" is NOW showing - on Verizon's site - "This item is temporarily out of stock" - for BOTH NEW 2 YEAR CONTRACTS and FULL PRICE = YIKES!!

THE "WHITE MODEL" IS STILL "AVAILABLE" ... but the "black" is "temporarily out of stock" - HOW can this be Verizon, NO BACKORDER???

Do you EVER THINK that either Samsung or Apple - in this competitive landscape - WOULD EVER show a product as "UNAVAILABLE" ?????

Microsoft and Nokia HAVE NO BALLS ... I'd be "chartering a fleet of 787s to get these BLACK Nokias to the US ...

SAD, SAD, SAD ...

Good lord dude, calm down! I'm sure there's a reason for this, no reason to have a stroke over it!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Good lord dude, calm down! I'm sure there's a reason for this, no reason to have a stroke over it!

Say what ... "I'm sure there is a good reason for this" ?

Do you work for Samsung, Apple or Verizon?

I thought this forum was for people "wanting" to get a Verizon Lumia 928 - personally, I have been living in 3G HELL for the last 6 months while ONLY AT&T got the 4G Lumia 920?

So, what do you have that you don't care - Oh, sorry, you have an HTC 8X?

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I thought this forum was for people "wanting" to get a Verizon Lumia 928 - personally, I have been living in 3G HELL for the last 6 months while ONLY AT&T got the 4G Lumia 920?

Calm down Francis. Go read a book. Go out with friends. Relax.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I did have an 8x. I have a 928 since 9:30 am launch day. I wanted a black on too but they didn't have it. Not a big deal I'll live with the white and maybe trade it for a black one next week if I feel I want to.

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If there was a "no thanks" and a "dislike" option on posts, you would have just earned my two clicks.

SAD, SAD, SAD ...

leland_jr

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to jump on the Wirefly version of this deal, until I read Wirefly's T&Cs. I am going to buy this phone on a line eligible for an upgrade and then transfer the equipment to a different line. Both lines have full smartphone data, but no way I want to get hit with the nutty fee they say they might just charge if VZW reports a deactivation.

Wirefly says that I'm risking getting charged for deactivation in that event. Will I? What's the best way to buy the phone and avoid this risk? Is it even possible to play that game anymore?
Wirefly says:
Other than you simply deactivating a line we've activated, Verizon Wireless could notify us that you deactivated if:
You fail to pay Verizon Wireless in accordance with their terms and conditions
You transfer equipment we activate on one line to another Verizon Wireless line, even within the same account
You activate this equipment on a new line of service on Verizon Wireless and use it to replace an existing Verizon Wireless line by deactivating the existing line.​

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After helping a dozen "Verizon" friends ... the CHEAPEST way to "KEEP your existing grandfathered UNLIMITED" plan ... Drum roll please ...

VERIZON at $499.99 "off-contract, full retail" !!!

painterface

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing wirefly has the same thing as Amazon and Letstalk etc...you have to have the phone on the same line for 181 days. If you move it, you get hit with a $400 fine or something.

That is a reason, they say, why you get the phone at such a low cost.

You could go to a microsoft store and take the "bing it on" challenge for a $25 off card. So you get the phone for $75 and don't have to worry about changing lines or fees or anything.

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing wirefly has the same thing as Amazon and Letstalk etc...you have to have the phone on the same line for 181 days. If you move it, you get hit with a $400 fine or something.

That is a reason, they say, why you get the phone at such a low cost.

You could go to a microsoft store and take the "bing it on" challenge for a $25 off card. So you get the phone for $75 and don't have to worry about changing lines or fees or anything.

Do you know if this applies to using the 928 SIM card in another phone, but not activating the 928 on another line? I'm hesitant to activate mine because if this is the case I will be returning it and paying the extra money to get the phone direct from Verizon. Because I like my phones and want to use them all! -=P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ImJustaBilly

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You also have to pay the sales tax of the full MSRP of the device, which is added onto your bill. And for a $499 phone, it could be around another $30 on top of $30 upgrade fee.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i dont think you need to pay a 30 upgrade fee if you buy the phone full price
i could just walk into verizon, buy the phone full price, walk out without even activating it

cdaq

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to report that the FIFTYRMN discount code is only valid for new lines (not upgrades). I was all signed up and ready to check out when I found this out. Add on a stupid $30 upgrade fee and this is not the smoking deal that I had hoped for. I still may pull the trigger, not sure right now.

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to report that the FIFTYRMN discount code is only valid for new lines (not upgrades). I was all signed up and ready to check out when I found this out. Add on a stupid $30 upgrade fee and this is not the smoking deal that I had hoped for. I still may pull the trigger, not sure right now.

I was in the same position, and decided to go for the newegg.com offer for 29.99 (plus the $30 which will appear on your Verizon bill). Free one day shipping too! I ordered two Lumias 928s for a total of $120(including the upgrade fees), that's cheaper than buying 1 at Verizon. For anyone upgrading, that seems like the best option right now.

Here's the link for your convenience: http://wireless.newegg.com

cdaq

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and bought the phone, it's waiting for me at a local Verizon store. $140 after upgrade fee and taxes but I'm going to cancel the order if the store tries to pile on another $50 and force me to use a mail-in rebate. I hate those :)

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My account with Sprint was up today so I went online and saw this thread and I am proud to say that I switched two androids and one iphone to three windows phones onto the Verizon network. I got three Lumia 928's on newegg for 89 bucks!!!! Cannot wait for them to get here!!!!!! Oh and my wife refused to give up her iphone until she saw the low light photo's taken with the Lumia phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99