Moving to 928

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Posted on the Trophy foum as well, but asking here as there seems to be more foot traffic.

What's the best way to migrate all my contacts and email account info to a new 928 that I will be getting today?

My current Trophy's mini-USB does not work so any process is going to have to be via the cloud.

I try to make sure all my contacts are stored to the cloud, but there MAY be one or two here and there that aren't. I have no way of knowing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Posted on the Trophy foum as well, but asking here as there seems to be more foot traffic.

What's the best way to migrate all my contacts and email account info to a new 928 that I will be getting today?

My current Trophy's mini-USB does not work so any process is going to have to be via the cloud.

I try to make sure all my contacts are stored to the cloud, but there MAY be one or two here and there that aren't. I have no way of knowing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
If you've been using a Microsoft account for your contacts, they're already in the cloud. You don't have to do a thing but sign into your Microsoft account on the new phone. As for email, you just set up the account and sign in and it's there.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If you've been using a Microsoft account for your contacts, they're already in the cloud. You don't have to do a thing but sign into your Microsoft account on the new phone. As for email, you just set up the account and sign in and it's there.

Right. I'm saying what about the stuff I have been saving to my phone that I didn't sync with any Microsoft account or Gmail account. I don't want to have to go through each and every one of them to make sure they WILL get saved and migrated.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Right. I'm saying what about the stuff I have been saving to my phone that I didn't sync with any Microsoft account or Gmail account. I don't want to have to go through each and every one of them to make sure they WILL get saved and migrated.
Without a working USB, you're limited, and unless you've been automatically uploading pics to SkyDrive you'll have to do it manually with each pic. My step-daughter went through the same thing with her broken-usb Sprint Arrive when she got it replaced about a month ago.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
i say keep your phone (trophy) connected to internet via wifi at home after you activate the new 928 and just upload to skydrive/ms account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte