Anyone try redeeming the $25 WP Store Gift Card yet?

ninny1176

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my code about 10 days ago, entered it into my wallet and went to make a purchase the other day and found that the $25 was no longer there and the code that was sent was no longer valid. I had to email the eprize fulfillment center to get it cleared up...they didn't tell me what happened, but were quick to re-issue the $25. Something tells me that is has something to do with MS adding gift cards to the Wallet...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
FYI - Kind of found this on accident. I had replaced my phone yesterday because it was rebooting itself after taking a picture.
I wanted to register my new device with MS and accidentally went to the App Redemption page (it has register your phone on the page and it grabbed that in a google search)
Anyway, I saw that it was the App Redemption page and said, O well, let me try this. Sure enough, I put in my new IMEI and I got another $25 credit.
OOPS!

Interesting..... I just did this myself, and got the second code within minutes. This is my third phone. I'll have to look at receipts when I get home to see if the second phone's IMEI is on my receipts!

dmtaub

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my Lumia 928 last night. Did the redemption this morning and worked like a charm. Already showing in my wallet and I'm free to buy my hearts desire. Just need to figure out what I want...

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting..... I just did this myself, and got the second code within minutes. This is my third phone. I'll have to look at receipts when I get home to see if the second phone's IMEI is on my receipts!

I'm surprised no one else has noticed this.. Nice little treat!
Maybe I should start a new thread??

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I gave the second code to my wife for her phone, my old 822. That $25 will last her a year, as she has had a Trophy for more than 2 years, and has never bought an app. This is my way to show her that there are actually apps worth buying, instead of restricting yourself to the freebies, and as a developer myself, I want to see other developers supported as well.

insanius

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got my code, however, I cannot figure out how to enter it.... The instructions in the email tell me to click the "+" on the bottom of the wallet screen, but when I do, I am not given the option to select Microsoft Gift Card....only 2 options exist on my screen..."credit or debit" and "other".....anyone else run into this issue?

UPDATE: I turned the phone off and back on and the "Microsoft Gift Card" option was available.....weird....

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

My wife returned hers....I grabbed the code and got the $25 on my htc 8x...picking up a 928 and will get another $25...nice!! free apps for a while..

remyjette

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Got mine! My guess is that the IMEI / MEID numbers were from a new range...I had issues activating my phone (bought it from Newegg) and when I called Verizon, she had me read the IMEI number and as soon as I started "no that's not it, it doesn't start with those digits."

Something must've gotten changed at the last minute, ah well works now

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got three $25 promos - one for each phone I've had. Gave my wife one of the promos to enter on her (my old) 822. $25 will last her forever - I think she's only bought two apps in the two years she's had a Trophy.

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Am I correct in assuming that the $25 credit has no expiration date? You only have 30 days to use the $5 credit from Bing rewards.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The $5 bing rewards doesn't expire that I know of. I've got that last few cents of one left on top of my recent $25 credits, and it's been SEVERAL months since I did the bing rewards thing for one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss