Just got one, and it says free storage is at 23.76 gigs. This sounds really low; I thought the OS & apps should only take about 5 gigs when you first get it? It says there is 3.18 gb of "other" storage, which I know there have been problems with. Just wondering if this is about the same amount of storage that other people are getting or if it's a bug.
    05-16-2013 12:04 PM
    Try resetting it, I was around 28 gigs when I got mine this morning
    05-16-2013 12:07 PM
    Check the onboard Nokia Maps. I believe it comes with all of them already loaded (my 822 did). I'm assuming you don't need offline maps for the entire US?
    05-16-2013 12:28 PM
    I went and looked at one at Verizon and also noticed this situation. I was hoping someone would bring this up and see what the "other" data was as this was a pretty good bit of space for a non exapandable storage unit.
    Just got one, and it says free storage is at 23.76 gigs. This sounds really low; I thought the OS & apps should only take about 5 gigs when you first get it? It says there is 3.18 gb of "other" storage, which I know there have been problems with. Just wondering if this is about the same amount of storage that other people are getting or if it's a bug.
    05-16-2013 12:53 PM
    Check the onboard Nokia Maps. I believe it comes with all of them already loaded (my 822 did). I'm assuming you don't need offline maps for the entire US?
    Thanks, yeah I think it's the US map from Nokia Maps which apparently takes more than 2 gigs. Wish they had individual states maps; that would be a lot more efficient. But I have 12gb of space after transferring my music so I think I should be fine.
    05-16-2013 01:00 PM
    Thanks, yeah I think it's the US map from Nokia Maps which apparently takes more than 2 gigs. Wish they had individual states maps; that would be a lot more efficient. But I have 12gb of space after transferring my music so I think I should be fine.
    They do have individual state maps. I have just Iowa's which is 80MB.

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Maps -> Download Maps
    baaahthesheep likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:07 PM
    They do have individual state maps. I have just Iowa's which is 80MB.

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Maps -> Download Maps
    Odd, I can't see any. I've done that, then it goes to "Downloaded Maps." I click the add button on the button and it takes me through North and Central America -> USA, that's it. It's greyed out, I'm going to uninstall the USA map and see if it goes any further. Edit: Yeah, it does. Thanks!
    dakranii and elpedrogrande like this.
    05-16-2013 01:28 PM
    Yeah, I cringed at that too. Good thing I stream most of my music.
    05-16-2013 01:46 PM
    Odd, I can't see any. I've done that, then it goes to "Downloaded Maps." I click the add button on the button and it takes me through North and Central America -> USA, that's it. It's greyed out, I'm going to uninstall the USA map and see if it goes any further. Edit: Yeah, it does. Thanks!
    Delete the United States map and then you will be able to download each state map. Right now you're phone has them already downloaded as one big file.
    05-16-2013 02:27 PM
    I went and looked at one at Verizon and also noticed this situation. I was hoping someone would bring this up and see what the "other" data was as this was a pretty good bit of space for a non exapandable storage unit.
    Keep in mind that if you're referring to the demo unit, it has a different image as it is a kiosk unit. Also, the Lumia Check Storage app works.
    05-16-2013 05:45 PM