Letstalk has the 928 @ 380 off contract.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Letstalk has the 938 @ 380 off contract.

Sounds scammy to me. How would they, or Verizon, know anything about what streets you have lived on, or what state your social security number was issued?

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site

It's a rather uncommon verification process. I've done it before when applying for a loan, from a 100% legit bank. I believe it pulls info attached to your SSN. It's uncommon, but not scammy.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys I really hope this isnt the case but it sounds like it may be. There have been a ton of device scam websites popping up with ridiculously low prices on phones/computers. They look real legit by being polished but they're complete scams. They take your money and then they contact you saying there was a problem in customs and you need to pay extra or they say they accidentally put other items in the box and you need to pay a deposit for them. All these sites have legit sounding customer service reps when you call and will give you the run around for months.

I really hope this isnt the case but generally if a deal is too good to be true, it is. If they're asking for SSN info its definitely a scam. Retailers don't need that info.

Good luck all... You may want to cancel the cards you ordered on now... and if you really gave them your SSN and place of birth etc... those are all security questions that credit sites ask so they're probably setting up fake identities with your info now...

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys I really hope this isnt the case but it sounds like it may be. There have been a ton of device scam websites popping up with ridiculously low prices on phones/computers. They look real legit by being polished but they're complete scams. They take your money and then they contact you saying there was a problem in customs and you need to pay extra or they say they accidentally put other items in the box and you need to pay a deposit for them. All these sites have legit sounding customer service reps when you call and will give you the run around for months.

I really hope this isnt the case but generally if a deal is too good to be true, it is. If they're asking for SSN info its definitely a scam. Retailers don't need that info.

Good luck all... You may want to cancel the cards you ordered on now... and if you really gave them your SSN and place of birth etc... those are all security questions that credit sites ask so they're probably setting up fake identities with your info now...

They never asked for my SSN #.

company is legit.

Let's Talk Reviews - letstalk.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

not perfect reviews, but no need to be worried and cancel your cards.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

It's a rather uncommon verification process. I've done it before when applying for a loan, from a 100% legit bank. I believe it pulls info attached to your SSN. It's uncommon, but not scammy.

Exactly, you're giving them the info a bank or credit agency would ask if you were taking out a loan. They can take that info and take out loans, do whatever with it...

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Ya, I saw that BEFORE I placed my order. You happen to see that blog post is from 2006? My order is cancelled, and I'm not worried.

I did and there are plenty of other negative reviews that have been posted more recently on other sites. Yes on the consumer ratings sites there are now some positive reviews too but the positives seem to consists of people giving 5 star ratings and saying "Great Company! I would buy more phones from them!"... If a company is savvy enough to setup a scam they are also savvy enough to flood review sites with short positive fake stories.

I don't mean to be insulting by suggesting this is a scam I just don't want to see anybody get ripped off. If a deal is too good to be true and site is offering all their products at too good to be true prices they are making money in some other way...

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, but the bank has your SSN and access to information on your credit report. Some place that sells phones shouldn't have access to that information, and I would hope that Verizon wouldn't be supplying it.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered 3 phones through lets talk. In fact, whenever I order one I always check them and wirefly first. Definitely not a scam site. Perhaps a terribly organized one, but not a scam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss