01-30-2014 09:18 PM
50 12
tools
    I just got my Nokia Lumia 928 black. Using a T-Mobile sim card, I can call & receive call, sending & receiving sms, and browse the web site using my T-Mobile data plan only. I didn't try MMS since I never use it.
    This is the setting I done.
    Settings -> cellular:
    Data connection - on
    Data roaming options - don't roam
    Mode Selection - can't set this, it's disabled
    Highest connection speed - LTE
    Network Selection - automatic
    For limited Wi-Fi connectivity - use cellular data

I'm using T-Mobile Prepaid Plan. I inserted T-Mobile sim card before I turn on the phone for the first time. I'm so surprised that the data actually work so hopefully it will continue to work. :)
    05-22-2013 09:43 PM
    The LTE 4G devices from Verizon come with the SIM card already unlocked. You are able to place any SIM card and the phone will work for calls and SMS; however, data options will not always work. It depends on wether the phone is able to have the apn settings modified or not. The majority of their devices allow you to modify that. Exceptions to this were the Samsung Galaxy SIII and the Note 2. People traveling overseas were not able to use any data when using international SIM cards. A software update has made it possible to have the apn settings modified now. At launch, by reading the comments made by people who have tried to use a different SIM card on the Lumia 928, it looks like the apn settings cannot be modified; therefore, data usage at a decent capacity will not be supported, at least until there is a software update. Of course this is not fair for people that is buying the device at full price. I think Nokia should have an option for all customers and there are customers that would just like to get the phone and not the service with a specific provider.
    05-23-2013 12:43 AM
    I know this was the case with 822, and now 928. Take a look in the 822 forums (where I came from) and you'll see. 8x I can't speak for, but have no reason to doubt what AR2186 says. It seems to me that this violates the spirit of 47 CFR 27.16 (e) even if it doesn't violate the letter (which I believe it does). If you can't use data or MMS from a smart phone on a different network, it seems to me that this phone is essentially locked to this carrier - especially when you consider that this regulation covers the LTE band that Verizon purchased, and that's data. Sounds to me like someone with deep pockets may have to sue over it to get it changed, since Verizon doesn't seem to be very forthcoming.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-23-2013 06:46 AM
    I called Verizon tech support and am in the process of trying to escalate if (complain enough from a big corporate account and it might happen). They got me in touch with a higher level group and I'm going go work that route tomorrow
    05-23-2013 08:23 PM
    I called Verizon tech support and am in the process of trying to escalate if (complain enough from a big corporate account and it might happen). They got me in touch with a higher level group and I'm going go work that route tomorrow
    I like your persistence--for all of our sakes! ha ha I want myself to like the 925, but man, it just doesn't aesthetically appeal to me... ha ha
    05-23-2013 09:14 PM
    Make sure to mention something about how they are violating the spirit, and it seems also the letter of 47 CFR 27.16 (e). Tell them you are considering filing a complaint with the FCC.
    05-24-2013 12:51 PM
    Make sure to mention something about how they are violating the spirit, and it seems also the letter of 47 CFR 27.16 (e). Tell them you are considering filing a complaint with the FCC.
    Thanks, I mentioned it yesterday and then figured I'd 100% confirm that other sims don't work properly. I just went and pulled the trigger on the tmobile $50 per month plan (14 day cancellation, so why not...) and it actually appears as though everything but MMS seems to work. Still going to call vzw when i get a chance, but thought i'd update everyone
    05-24-2013 01:49 PM
    Interesting - I thought I'd read where no one could get data OR MMS to work. You got data working?
    05-24-2013 02:21 PM
    Interesting - I thought I'd read where no one could get data OR MMS to work. You got data working?
    Strangley it seems to work, didn't work on AT&T when I previously tried on my old 8x and speaking to Verizon customer support the other day they told me it wouldnt work (that it was locked), but it seems to work on theT-Mobile US HSPDA/UMTS/GSM network
    05-24-2013 02:29 PM
    I'm replying this thread using my black Lumia 928, T-Mobile $30 prepaid plan.
    05-24-2013 07:57 PM
    No LTE though, right?
    05-24-2013 08:01 PM
    Not sure about the LTE...i always got a "H" beside the bar....
    05-24-2013 09:59 PM
    Pretty sure it doesn't have the right LTE bands on the radio, but T-Mobile has only launched LTE in a few areas and mine isn't one of them, so I can't tell you for sure
    05-25-2013 11:37 AM
    HI, good Night...im from Brasil, in the last Week i bought a lumia 928 in Miami.But i have the same problem..
    Funny, because the Microsofts guys told me that lumia 928 was unlocked and work in Brasil.
    i paid $570... I receive calls, mms its ok but the data doesnt work. The apn not activate.

Im very angry!!
    05-25-2013 07:01 PM
    Lots of people around complaining about this on the internet. You just have to Google it and see it's not any apparent solution coming up... Since this has being requested by Verizon for sure, I hope either Nokia, or Microsoft realise this not only harm customers it damages the WP platform. As a side note, I read this may result on a violation of the Code Of Federal Regulations (CFR) 47 CFR 27.16 (e). So file a complaint on the FCC page let's hope they'll take an action on this.
    hopmedic likes this.
    06-01-2013 04:26 PM
    Hi guys , I am Kenny from Malaysia , I own Lumia 928 too , and I facing internet sharing problem ! When I turn on the internet sharing , it will load at a long moment and turn out connection not shared internet sharing is not currently available ! What should I do ?
    06-12-2013 01:48 AM
    Unfortunately you can't do anything, it's locked up to check with Verizon so its not going to work
    06-12-2013 02:22 PM
    Even my Lumia 928 get unlocked too ?
    06-12-2013 06:44 PM
    Anyone tried the new Access Point update ? Internet sharing and mms is working, sms still broken...
    06-12-2013 09:20 PM
    I can confirm data is now working with latest Access Point update. I didn't have the chance to test MMS though.
    06-13-2013 07:27 PM
    Can we assume now that with the access point update that most things work now for T-Mobile with this phone?
    06-14-2013 11:34 AM
    I just got my Nokia Lumia 928 black. Using a T-Mobile sim card, I can call & receive call, sending & receiving sms, and browse the web site using my T-Mobile data plan only. I didn't try MMS since I never use it.
    This is the setting I done.
    Settings -> cellular:
    Data connection - on
    Data roaming options - don't roam
    Mode Selection - can't set this, it's disabled
    Highest connection speed - LTE
    Network Selection - automatic
    For limited Wi-Fi connectivity - use cellular data

I'm using T-Mobile Prepaid Plan. I inserted T-Mobile sim card before I turn on the phone for the first time. I'm so surprised that the data actually work so hopefully it will continue to work. :)
    Just got my Lumia 928. I powered it on and set it up with my Verizon SIM in it, installed the Access Point app from the store then powered it off.

After putting my T-Mobile SIM (from my Galaxy S3) into the 928 and powering it on, its working for SMS, MMS, Calls, and data. Data tests include web browser, and setting up GMail/Contacts/Calendar.
    06-14-2013 01:58 PM
    So assuming the 928 works on T-Mo (is AWS capable) then I might end up getting that if the 925 doesn't have 32GB in North America.
    06-14-2013 07:23 PM
    Saw this video

Nokia Lumia 928 Unlocked - AT&T SIM card test

Obviously no LTE.
    06-21-2013 04:00 AM
    Has anyone been successful with the Amber update and the latest Access point to get (outgoing SMS) and (MMS) to work. Per http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0/251258-3.htm and http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...8/229966-2.htm, it does not seem possible yet. If you did, how?
    01-30-2014 09:18 PM
50 12