From iPhone 5 to Lumia 928 iMessages Help

Bones_6

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Earlier today, I purchased the Lumia 928 and have been loving every minute with it. I came from an iPhone 5, and I've been having some issues with my lovely new toy, and am wondering if anyone else has had the same ones and perhaps found a fix.

I have been unable to receive SMS from any of my iPhone friends, as they are still sending out messages with iMessage and since my number used to be tied to iMessages, it seems the texts are being lost. I've turned off iMessages on my iPod and my iPad, but I am still having this issue. Is this something that will take care of itself, after the iMessage system doesn't see my number connect, or will I need to make a support call to Verizon/Apple?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You need to just go back to your iPhone (and iPad if you have one) and turn off imessages. I had the same problem last year when I switched, but it should be pretty easy. If that doesn't work someone, google "disassociate imessages" or something similar.

Wordjoy

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 928 today.. coming from a HTC Trophy.. Welcome to Windows Phone!
I had the exact same problem.. Verizon tech had me:
  • Turn off the old phone.. (that can create confusion in the system.. even if no longer the active device)
  • Turn off the 928 for 2-3 minutes..
  • Turn on 928

That was it.. now getting texts...

Bones_6

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I traded the iPhone 5 in, got a pretty good deal for it. I wiped all settings & data first. I just turned off the iPad iMessages (As well as the iPods) and unchecked the phone number on both before doing so. (Just in case)

The shutting the Lumia off for a few minutes and then turning it back on seem to have worked, I've been getting texts all morning, although some are saying I still have the Blue texts on their iPhones. (I've since asked everyone to delete the thread and open a new one to just my number, so that should work it out)

Thanks for all the help guys! I hate Apple Support, glad I didn't have to call them, haha.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, I traded the iPhone 5 in, got a pretty good deal for it. I wiped all settings & data first. I just turned off the iPad iMessages (As well as the iPods) and unchecked the phone number on both before doing so. (Just in case)

The shutting the Lumia off for a few minutes and then turning it back on seem to have worked, I've been getting texts all morning, although some are saying I still have the Blue texts on their iPhones. (I've since asked everyone to delete the thread and open a new one to just my number, so that should work it out)

Thanks for all the help guys! I hate Apple Support, glad I didn't have to call them, haha.
Log on to iTunes, Apple Store etc and change your password. It'll change your iMessage password and you'll start receiving all your texts.

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have iMessage set to only receive for my email address and not my phone number. It seems like as long as one of my iDevices isn't online, my 928 will get the texts.

Tim Varvais

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just swapped out my iPhone4 for the 928 and have not been able to receive messages.

Be sure to unregister your iPhone: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
-Login
-Select the Device
-Unregister

I had thought that would take care of it but then found all of my missing messages were coming into my iPad...so, if you have an iPad: Settings>Messages>iMessage>Off

you may have to unregister it also.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just swapped out my iPhone4 for the 928 and have not been able to receive messages.

Be sure to unregister your iPhone: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
-Login
-Select the Device
-Unregister

I had thought that would take care of it but then found all of my missing messages were coming into my iPad...so, if you have an iPad: Settings>Messages>iMessage>Off

you may have to unregister it also.

Unregistering won't do it. You have to turn off iMessage on all devices. If you don't have the device anymore, the easiest way to do it is change your Apple ID password. How are you liking the 928?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb