Man, the Nokia 928 is one physically ugly phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
to each their own - i thought my Palm Pre 2 looked great with it's clean face and design. but a friend called it ugly

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Could not disagree with OP more. Nokia doesn't need lessons from anybody on design. They are doing just fine.

If I wasn't dead set on ditching Verizon, I would have picked up a 928 yesterday after playing with it in store.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Best two looking phones on the market HANDS DOWN are the 928 and 8x (8x with a slight edge)

I can't believe this thread even exists im like crying in laughter right now!

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got a chance to check out the 928 in the MS store today, it feels way bulkier in the hand because those square edges, also there was detectable screen blur on letters when scrolling, I don't see this as much on the 920. The weight is lighter but kinda feels cheap. Verizon really should have just used the 920.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The 928 rocks in my opinion! As far as how it functions its flawless so far and the photo quality is awesome! I really don't care how a phone looks but how well it works and the 928 hits all the marks
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Got a chance to check out the 928 in the MS store today, it feels way bulkier in the hand because those square edges, also there was detectable screen blur on letters when scrolling, I don't see this as much on the 920. The weight is lighter but kinda feels cheap. Verizon really should have just used the 920.

I hate the tapered edges on the 8X. The square edges feel so much more natural and solid. I guess that too is a matter of taste. I do agree that the 920 is also a damn nice piece of equipment but I love the 928!

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the Nokia Lumia line is the best looking phone on the market. The iPhone may be in a tie with it. My daily driver is a Galaxy Note 2 and I think it is uuuuuuuuuuuugly. That is why I carry it around in an Otterbox case. If I owned a Nokia phone, I would never put a case on it. No Android phone is on the same level with Nokia's aesthetics or camera quality. The no SD Card is what made it no buy for me...but I have another thread about that.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I kind of agree, and I did go see the 928 yesterday. The speaker design on the back is just ugh. Heck, I also think the Trophy (in it's protective Incipio Feather case) looks better. I do prefer the 8X, it stands out from the Android slab-phone grist mill. The 928 looks like some mid-range forgettable LG Android phone or something.

I would have preferred the distinctive design of the 920 for sure.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone may be in a tie with it.

I haven't had an iPhone since the 3GS, but I played with the 4S and 5 when I was picking up my 928. I wasn't impressed overall, and was very not impressed with the generational differences between the two. How people continue to just eat that up is beyond me...

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an iPhone since the 3GS, but I played with the 4S and 5 when I was picking up my 928. I wasn't impressed overall, and was very not impressed with the generational differences between the two. How people continue to just eat that up is beyond me...

Taking angst and indecision out of the equation just makes it easier for the folks who love Apple. I mean, there is only one phone, so it is by default the best one.

Some people, that go with WP or Android, are totally crippled in choosing a phone, always wondering if the next phone will be better, thus making their current phone "obsolete".

Plus, iPhones are available on all of the major carriers, so that reduces the angst and indecision as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss