05-31-2013 12:08 AM
77 ... 234
tools
    I don't think it matters whether the OP was trolling or not, because there are going to be people who genuinely dislike the 928 for whatever reason. So, my original post (#46) was not just in reply to the OP, but also to those who happen to agree with the OP.

As far as the OS being more customizable, I'm all for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with having more options. The great thing about options are that you can choose to ignore them.

I don't know about Skinery and Wiztiles tho, mainly because the apps that support them seem to be fairly limited, and I don't like the idea of unnecessarily pinning stuff to my Start Screen just to get a certain look.

I would prefer it if Microsoft allowed the users to add a background image (possibly coming with Blue update), along with an opacity/transparency slider so the image could show through the tiles. Also it would be nice if they gave us a color rectangle (not sure of the term; black on one side, white on the other, and the various colors and shades that come in between) to choose tile colors from instead of limiting us to however many colors it's at right now.

I love the OS, but that doesn't mean I can't be critical and should ignore it's deficiencies.

abel920, might be wrong in the statistics he cited, but I don't think he's wrong in his general sentiment. That being the OS is not gonna get the adoption it needs and wants, until it starts addressing some of it's deficiencies, like not having a notification center. Some people seem to be defending the lack of a need for one, while I'm indifferent on the issue, I don't see why it shouldn't exist. And depending on how it's implemented, I might or might not use it, but at least I would have that option.

Let's say if 5% of the total smartphone user base were otherwise willing to switch to Windows Phone except for the lack of a notification center, wouldn't it be better to have one. Now let's say the same were true about being able to customize the Start Screen, now that would be 10% (hypothetical) of the total user base unwilling to switch for one reason or another.

We don't need to have a hive mentality and call everyone a troll that speaks against it. That's not gonna get us anywhere.
    05-30-2013 10:20 PM
    This thread has ran it's course and is no longer contributing anything of value to Mobile Nations or Windows Phone Central. I thank all that contributed. Closed.
    05-31-2013 12:08 AM
77 ... 234