I have a couple issues and was wondering if anyone else had the same and if they are normal. I know there is the defects page but I don't know of these are just my phone or not and figured I would get more response here.

Issue #1 is my back, windows and search buttons have a yellowish tint when lit. Are they all like that?

Issue #2 is when my phone vibrates when I get a text, the vibration is loud and noisy. Like a rattling sound almost. Is this also common or normal?

Just wondering if I need a replacement or not. Thanks!
    05-17-2013 08:57 AM
    The rattle was something users saw in the 920, but I don't know if it was in the same manner as you're seeing. The yellow tint under the capacitive touch buttons can happen. It may be that the brightness is off. Turn your brightness on medium or high for a second to see if it changes. Also go to a dark room to see if it brightens to white- as they are also activated by the ambient light sensor. Lastly, if there is no difference, I would visit a Verizon store. Go to the demo 928 and set the phone to vibrate to test it out. Also pay attention to its capacitive buttons. Set the brightness setting on high if you need to as well. If the issues are the same on the demo, then it may be standard.

However, my gut tells me that the buttons shouldn't give off a yellow tint. So make sure you test out the brightness settings on your phone first. Turn the automatic brightness off to test. Also make sure its charged good, because the battery saver mode may be dimming the buttons as well. Hope you get it resolved. :)
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    05-17-2013 09:10 AM
    The vibration thing has been debated on a lot of Nokia phones. It seems some are worse than others. Some have said they have taken it back for one that isn't as bad. I'll admit my 920 threw me off at first because it was different from the vibration of my previous phone. But it wasn't that loud and I'm used to it.

If you don't like the look of the buttons. Go see what they look like at the store.

Bottom line, you just bought it, if you aren't happy with a couple of things, you should take it back.
    05-17-2013 09:27 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys! Believe it or not there are a few vibrate apps on the store lol. One is passed off as a massage app and the other for other reasons if you know what I mean haha.

Anyhow I put the app on constant vibrate and it didn't sound as horrible as I thought. It seemed pretty good actually. I think it sounds a bit worse when I get a text, but I will see if I can live with it when I start getting more texts today.

As for the buttons, even on high brightness the buttons stay the same. It's a yellowish color. It honestly isn't the end of the world, but I am curious as to if all of these phones are the same color. Can anyone confirm? It will be hard to test in the store since it is well lit in there. I can only notice it in dim lit situations.

Thanks!
    05-17-2013 10:59 AM
    My buttons are definitely an off white with a yellowish bias. It's something that I don't think I would notice if they weren't right by the whiter whites of the screen. I figure it's probably normal and it doesn't bother me.
    05-17-2013 11:19 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys! Believe it or not there are a few vibrate apps on the store lol. One is passed off as a massage app and the other for other reasons if you know what I mean haha.

Anyhow I put the app on constant vibrate and it didn't sound as horrible as I thought. It seemed pretty good actually. I think it sounds a bit worse when I get a text, but I will see if I can live with it when I start getting more texts today.

Thanks!
    You can always send yourself texts to test it out.
    05-17-2013 11:21 AM
    ya, I'm experiencing a loud vibrate/rattle as well... May try to swap out down the road (ie, when other colors are released...)
    05-17-2013 11:47 AM
    My buttons aren't yellow, but they are opaque in parts and not in parts.

My vibrate, however, does not rattle at all. It's near silent. Too near silent. I hardly notice it when it's on the desk between myself and my keyboard...
    05-17-2013 12:33 PM
    My buttons are definitely not white, more yellowish tint. Doesn't bother me to much though.
    05-17-2013 04:56 PM
    I've got the rattle myself with the vibrate...I stopped in and it varies depending on the phone honestly... all of them seem to be pretty close, I checked the display model and also one of the VZW rep's phones and it's about the same as mine...
    05-17-2013 05:02 PM
    Exact same issues as OP. The buttons were like that on all my Windows Phones. But the vibrate scares me. I like that its loud and feels like maybe it will break my leg, but I just want to know for sure that nothing is broken in the device.
    05-17-2013 05:17 PM
    the buttons are indeed yellowish. However I have seen people called theirs white when they had their brightness crank up. Can you show us a picture?
    05-17-2013 05:51 PM
    the buttons are indeed yellowish. However I have seen people called theirs white when they had their brightness crank up. Can you show us a picture?
    Sure thing, I will try to snap a pic tonight to show you what I'm seeing. I put the brightness on high and it makes no difference.
    05-17-2013 06:10 PM
    Exact same issues as OP. The buttons were like that on all my Windows Phones. But the vibrate scares me. I like that its loud and feels like maybe it will break my leg, but I just want to know for sure that nothing is broken in the device.
    I agree with you there about the vibrate...it'd be nice to know it isn't broke, hopefully we'll find out more...
    05-17-2013 06:22 PM
    I dont mind the slight yellow color but i can tell this discoloration from that yellow is going to bother me. (In the bottom left window of the windows logo.)
    img_20130517_195244.jpg

Its more noticeable in person than in that picture and its also on the back button..But i'm not sure I want to go through sending it in for an exchange since there are no stores here with them yet. I'm not even sure they'd exchange it just for that.
    05-17-2013 08:57 PM
    I dont mind the slight yellow color but i can tell this discoloration from that yellow is going to bother me. (In the bottom left window of the windows logo.)

Its more noticeable in person than in that picture and its also on the back button..But i'm not sure I want to go through sending it in for an exchange since there are no stores here with them yet. I'm not even sure they'd exchange it just for that.
    Thats one of the think we couldnt tell. From what I see, 50 50 of the 920 have this, even some of them have full light from time to time. Personally I cannot see any pastern in what causes the change.
    05-17-2013 11:46 PM
    Issue #1 is my back, windows and search buttons have a yellowish tint when lit. Are they all like that?

They might be a little yellowish, but I've seen some improvement in some phones after playing a little with the accent colors. You could try that as well, and see if it helps at all (I don't have the 928 unfortunately so can't speak for that device specificly)

Issue #2 is when my phone vibrates when I get a text, the vibration is loud and noisy. Like a rattling sound almost. Is this also common or normal?

My brother had this issue with his 920 - he even replaced the phone in the first place, but the new one was just like the previous. Now that he got the latest update, the rattling sound is gone, and the vibration sound is gentle and nice. So, it is possible to fix it via a software update, we thought that it was just a flaw in the design but it wasn't. So I wouldn't worry too much about this, if I were you :)
    05-18-2013 02:45 AM
    I haven't really noticed the vibration from a text message, but the feedback vibrations are much smaller than my old Trophy. I kind of miss it, but I'm sure I'll get used to the more subtle feedback.
    05-18-2013 03:07 AM