I ordered a white Lumia from Newegg yesterday morning CA time, and I got this email from them at 3pm (emphasis below mine):

"Thank you for shopping with Newegg.com Wireless Store.

Response to our offer on the Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE this week was so great that we have depleted our inventory. Please dont worry though, we have a shipment already en route to us. We just wanted to send you a courtesy email to let you know why your phone hasnt shipped yet.

We know that you are anxious to get your new phone, but unfortunately we cant tell you exactly when your Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE will ship. We receive deliveries several times each day and are turning the phones around and shipping them to customers immediately. We are in regular contact with Verizon Wireless and are confident well be shipping your phone soon.

We can tell you that:

Your price is protected what you ordered is what you will pay regardless of whether the price increases
    Your phone is reserved you will receive a phone from the first shipment we receive
    Your promotions will be honored any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled when your order ships
    We will ship it immediately as soon as we receive the shipment, we will prioritize your shipment and process it immediately. Once it has been packed, we will send you an email and update our Customer Support Customer Support site with the FedEx tracking number as soon as it is ready to ship

We are normally pretty good at predicting our inventory but the demand for the Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE even surprised us.

Thanks again for shopping with us. Your phone will be on its way to you soon.

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at Newegg.com Wireless Store"

So, at least a little bit of evidence that the response so far to this phone has been good!
    05-17-2013 02:56 PM
    Same problem at Wirefly (where my wife ordered one), out of stock but, should get more "soon". It's too early to say if it's doing really well or not, as these places could of gotten only 10-15 in the first batch. Same with the stores. I am sure in a few weeks it will be told...
    05-17-2013 02:58 PM
    Probably the same situation as the 920. Moderate demand combined with poor stocks
    Residing likes this.
    05-17-2013 03:03 PM
    Got the same message yesterday after I ordered mine from newegg.
    05-17-2013 03:09 PM
    As a NOK shareholder who got in big time after the price dipped below $2.00, this makes me very happy. :D
    jmajid likes this.
    05-17-2013 03:17 PM
    As a NOK shareholder who got in big time after the price dipped below $2.00, this makes me very happy. :D
    i missed out on THAT share price... now i am wondering when the right time is again, now? :)
    05-17-2013 03:29 PM
    i missed out on THAT share price... now i am wondering when the right time is again, now? :)
    It sometimes drops below 3.20. I'm not convinced it'll go over 4.00 for awhile still (as a steady price). I think they're still a very well kept secret and a wonderful investment opportunity. If everything goes right, we could see 10.00 longterm. I'm very bullish with NOK. They still have a great brand ROW and I'm hoping VZW and TMO push them over the top as a relevant manufacturer in the US. Worse comes to worse, the US ship sails but we still get great sales ROW. If we don't see increasing marketshare in the US within a year, I'll probably sell the first time it hits 4.00 again. Can't complain about a 100% return.
    05-17-2013 03:38 PM
    Possibly more proof ... I have been patiently waiting for the Lumia 928 for 6 months - walked into a Verizon store at 10:30 am May 16th and the store manger tried to direct order a black 928 - but said, there is no black inventory. He ordered the black and it originally said "Ship BY May 20th".

Now, Sat May 18th, my order status says "Ship ON may 20th".

I told several friends and business clients - and they said the Verizon site now says "This item is temporarily out of stock" -and THERE IS NO ORDER BUTTON

I just went to the Verizon site and verified - NO WAY to order black BOTH 2-yr contract and full retail.

Yikes ... do you think that Apple or Samsung WOULD EVER "NOT ACCEPT" a backorder?

This will play havoc with the "first weekend" sell thru numbers !!!
    05-18-2013 11:34 AM
    haha me too! i got in at just under and over 3 bucks. was looking really good a few months or so ago when it was closing in on $5/share. it's a roller coaster ride for sure.
    scooterbro1956 likes this.
    05-18-2013 12:17 PM
    So few units have yet been shipped that no conclusions for one way or the other can be made of the 928's sales prospects. Too, there is some pent-up WP fan demand for this device, which will likely result in high initial sales. More relevant is, will the demand be sustainable.
    05-18-2013 02:21 PM
    Early order availability is never a good indicator of actual sales. As has been said above, it's likely moderate inventory mixed with high demand. I'm already seeing more ads for the 928 online than for the 822, and there's more awareness for the platform and to a smaller extent, the 920 on AT&T, so there's bound. It's really hard to judge inventory for a device like this, but a few "high demand, out of stock" messages at this point aren't a bad thing as long as Nokia can continue to get more devices out consistently. My hope is that Nokia's learned from the issues that plagued the 920 and can deliver a better product without such major issues as poor battery life to minimize returns. As a fan of the platform and Nokia, that really took me by surprise to see such an issue appear, and on my own device to boot. After years of Nokia phones, that was the first device I had to replace, which was pretty disheartening.

Wish I had gotten in on NOK when it was at $2...
    05-19-2013 07:35 AM
    only honest abe and tc man can tell us what is going on.
    05-19-2013 07:45 AM
    its interesting though - has anyone seen ANY commercial ads in the past week from Verizon about the Nokia 928?
    I have not... neither online or in any of the commercial breaks in my DVRd programs (i dont watch a whole lot of TV, just DVR it)
    05-19-2013 08:43 AM
    ugh what proof... the sales started couple of days ago
    05-19-2013 10:39 AM
    ugh what proof... the sales started couple of days ago
    The "sales" actually "started" for a LOT of people when the Lumia 920 shipped in Nov 2012 ... and Verizon only chose to offer a mid-range 822. For 6 full months, we have read leak, after leak, after leak about a NEW FLAGSHIP model coming to Verizon "soon"! As we are grandfathered in to Verizon's unlimited data plan, we tracked ALL of these rumors for "what turned out to be a FULL 6 months" (Nov 16 to May 16th - Windows Phone 8 launch was Oct 26th and ATT got the Lumias just before Thanksgiving as I best recall).

We, and most of our friends on Verizon .. got more and more PISSED OFF with our 3G HTC Trophy - GREAT PHONE but no match for 4G - as more and more articles surfaced about the AWESOME POWER of the "4G" iPhone 5, and the 4G Samsung Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note II, and NOW Galaxy 4.

Apple and Samsung have flooded the airwaves with very powerful commercials - especially over the holidays - and then there is a "carry forward" as people SHOW THEIR FRIENDS and BUSSINESS COLLEAGUES ... "what they got for Christmas" (just look at the sales numbers).

IN THIS 6 MONTHS ... Verizon, in their typical "we HATE Microsoft Bull****" (from the whole Kin fiasco and who knows what else) ... JUST WENT COMPLETELY DARK!

About 3/4 of my friends and business colleagues - ON VERIZON - said SCREW THIS, and jumped ship to the iPhone 5 ... BUT MOSTLY to Samsung

Oh yes, a few "VERIZON executive comments" about the "possibility" of a third "ecosystem" ... blah, blah, blah (last week the Verizon CFO, as I recall, SAID THERE IS NOW ROOM for 4 ecosystems - as he LOVES Blackberry's CHANCES" - SAY WHAT???

SO ... NOW 6 MONTHS later, as of May 16th ... the much "rumored" Nokia 928 FLAGSHIP "finally appears" and ... NO OFFICIAL LAUNCH press conference (oh yes, a "tweet" from Nokia US), NO TV COMMERCIALS, NO STOCK of Black (ATT had 5 colors at launch), etc.

AND ... right smack dab in the MIDDLE of the Samsung Galaxy 4 "MEGA-LAUNCH" - the Samsung CEO says they WILL SELL 10 MILLION S4's ... in LESS than 30 days!

Oh yes ... as of today, and for the last 24 HOURS (1/4 of the 4 day, Thurs thru Sun "928 launch weekend")... THIS is what you get on the Verizon site.

The "white 928 is available EVERYWHERE" ... so, depending on the preference ratio of "white to black" - the WHITE 928, with a total "black face" ... "MAY SAVE THE WEEKEND"?

I "believe" that this is ON PURPOSE - Amazon is taking backorders for the Black model, just NOT Verizon - and "many" will go back and ORDER an iPhone 5 OR, more likely, a Galaxy S4.

screenhunter_04-may.-18-11.33.jpg
    05-19-2013 11:29 AM