Battery Life Thread

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been struggling with battery life, but it's been seeing heavy use. I charged it over night, and it was on battery save after about 6 hours. I did play a few games totaling about 90 minutes though. I'll have to hold off on a verdict until I've had it for about a week - when I'm back to "normal" usage.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Amazing battery life here I can go a full day with heavy use with charging during the day.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

rdavenp3

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just ran mine down until it shut off. The last 15% seemed to take quite a long time while streaming video, so I hope the battery calibrates correctly.
What I have noticed is the first and last 15% drop in stated battery takes quite a while and the middle 70% seems to drop more rapidly within a consistent usage.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day with it, and it didn't run out of gas until about 5pm - this was with heavy usage, including more than a solid hour of my son playing with apps/games in Kid's Corner.

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Heavy usage on the web and listening to audio? 5 1/2 hours taking a few calls and a little video. That's the worst case scenario I've had. Battery Saver and 1 minute standby? Easy to get through a day with a couple hours of web use and audio. YMMV - 920

Berkley Todd

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this is all amazing to hear, but I'm starting to wonder if mine is defective....20 minutes of moderate use and I've lost %5.....I've disabled nokia drive (uninstalled it actually), and taken the time to run the battery down then fully recharge. My issues sound similar to that which many 920 owners experienced. I guess I might give it a few more days and charge cycles, but if I don't see some improvements, I guess I should take it back for a new one... :(

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was told you are supposed to charge the battery & not use it until fully charged the 1st time. My battery lasts a day 1/2 per charge.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I tend to get about 20-30 hours per charge depending on use. Of course once I start playing some of the games it drops into the single digits, but you can't have it all. Overall I've been very pleased with the battery life of my Nokia.

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I pulled mine off the charger around 5am and here it is noon and I havent really used it that much. Watched one short youtube video a couple texts and quick calls.

I do have wifi on constantly because Im at home today.

I will turn the brightness down and see if that helps
My discharge speed is 12% per hour.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Make sure to use dark themes and the battery usage won't be as high. Lowering the brightness will also help a lot.

My discharge rate is 11.68% and hour. I do use a black background, I have backlight to medium, tap and send off, location off, and notify me of new WiFi off. Any other suggestions? My emails are set to check every 2 hours also.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My initial estimation that I might get 30 hours was way off. Standby is still fantastic, but it drains much too fast in actual use. I expect about 20 hours out of this, consisting of about 17 hours of standby, 3 hours of use.

Cylemmulo

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
seems kinda disappointing, I was thinking of switching from my Razr M to this but i get like 3-5+ hours per 10 percent with light-moderate usage with it. hmmmmm

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I never got my phone fully charged today, but it was taken off of the charger about 5 hours ago - I'm at 86% with light usage. Someone else said that they were getting better battery life with their Trophy, and my experience couldn't be further from that - both in standby and heavy usage, my 928 is much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad