05-17-2013 06:43 PM
    defaults to black which is technically out of stock, though the funny thing is my local store is out of white. I know they got 5 and told me no way these will sell out so do not worry...guess they were wrong. Glad I was there at 10 yesterday
    05-17-2013 07:11 PM
    store near me has plenty black and white. The rep told me I can't get one without service plan even I paid the full price.
    05-17-2013 08:54 PM
    store near me has plenty black and white. The rep told me I can't get one without service plan even I paid the full price.
    Is this a Verizon store or a third party? If a Verizon store, it seems weird that would be a rule. Might be worth talking to Nokia about that...
    05-17-2013 09:02 PM
    This was the same story with the 920, they were all sold out because each store was only getting like 5 phones at a time.
    05-17-2013 09:47 PM
    Verizon store on 57th street and 6th Ave did not have a display unit, and they were sold out - I have no idea how many they had, but, either way, they were all out. The salesman tried to sell me Galaxy S4 preorder.....I respectfully declined and told him I was done with Android's instability, and lagginess, and he had the audacity to ask me what I was talking about, and then said it was because my phone was old (btw, im currently using Galaxy Nexus rooted, with custom rom/kernel).
    05-17-2013 09:48 PM
    sounds like they want to rip you off for commissions.
    Try another shop.
    05-17-2013 10:16 PM
    Verizon store on 57th street and 6th Ave did not have a display unit, and they were sold out - I have no idea how many they had, but, either way, they were all out. The salesman tried to sell me Galaxy S4 preorder.....I respectfully declined and told him I was done with Android's instability, and lagginess, and he had the audacity to ask me what I was talking about, and then said it was because my phone was old (btw, im currently using Galaxy Nexus rooted, with custom rom/kernel).
    Got mine from there yesterday around 10:30 and they had sold 4 or so already. They were surprised by how well it sold, but they still had some in stock. Wish you has been able to get one but glad to hear they sold out
    05-17-2013 10:29 PM
    Is this a Verizon store or a third party? If a Verizon store, it seems weird that would be a rule. Might be worth talking to Nokia about that...
    It's a Verizon wireless store.

sounds like they want to rip you off for commissions. Try another shop.
    Yes, very likely. However, this gives me a chance to look at other phones.
    05-17-2013 10:38 PM
    Finally got to the nearest VZW store this evening. I have ordered via the website and my 928 is to be shipped Monday. Nonetheless, thought I'd take a look and see what I've bought. Upon entering the store the VZW salesperson led me over to a 928 and promptly said: "You don't want that phone." She went on to tell me all the employees in the store had bad experiences with the Windows Phone. I figured they must have run out of stock and they were told at the morning rah-rah meeting to push people to other phones.
    05-17-2013 10:56 PM
    Finally got to the nearest VZW store this evening. I have ordered via the website and my 928 is to be shipped Monday. Nonetheless, thought I'd take a look and see what I've bought. Upon entering the store the VZW salesperson led me over to a 928 and promptly said: "You don't want that phone." She went on to tell me all the employees in the store had bad experiences with the Windows Phone. I figured they must have run out of stock and they were told at the morning rah-rah meeting to push people to other phones.
    or you got an ignorant a-hole of a salesperson who refuses to sell WP because it's not their beloved iPhone or Android phone and they assume it's confusing because it's neither of the 2 aforementioned phones. had that problem when i bought my trophy. i just gave them an attitude and demanded they give me the phone i asked for because I know more about all the phones they sell than they do.
    05-18-2013 08:58 AM
    This kind of **** really pisses me off. Microsoft should be hounding these carriers for this kind of bull****.

Giving people pros and cons between each platform is one thing, blatantly blowing the phone off and deflecting the customer from a phone they are interested in is crossing line.

I hate Verizon sales personnel. My entire family has had problems with them. After 8 years I finally switched to ATT when WP7 came out. Now my family is making the switch one by one.
    05-18-2013 09:04 AM
    When I went to the at&t store to look at the 920 when it first came out the salesman called it a brick and tried to discourage me. When I got my trophy the salesman told me that was the phone he used it and loved it. You can get a bad salesman with any carrier.
    05-18-2013 09:15 AM
    Went for a bike ride and decided to stop at a VZW store around the corner from my place on the way home. Scanned the two main kiosks and didn't find the 928, so the manager asks if I need help with anything and I ask him if they have a demo of the L928. He says they don't, but they have some in stock. I play with the 822 while I wait for him to turn on the 928 and he provided me with some fantastic wrong information:
    - The camera is the same as the 822
    - It only comes in white (after looking online he corrected himself and said he could order a black one for me)

He didn't seem to know much about the phone or OS, but at least he didn't discourage me from buying it? ha ha I'm eligible for an upgrade, but will most likely switch to T-Mo. However, I am not a fan of the L925 (for storage or aesthetics) and would much prefer the 928--if I can make it happen!

If anyone's looking, the VZW store in Arlington, VA off Lee Hwy near Rosslyn has the white version in stock.
    05-18-2013 05:09 PM
    Oh thanks! I was actually just looking for stores in the Northern VA area that have the phone in stock.
    05-18-2013 07:19 PM
    The sales rep at the store we went to was pretty knowledgeable actually. I could tell she was an Android chick right away because she was bashing the iPhone 5 quite a bit. She pointed out to my wife that the WP8 app selection was smaller than both Android and IOS, but quickly added that it is growing. All in all she was ok.
    05-18-2013 07:49 PM
    Stopped in at my local store and they said they don't have it in stock. Their display unit is busted too, frozen at the Nokia splash screen. But the website says I can order it online and pick it up at my local store (shows it is in stock)... makes me wonder.

Before acknowledging whether they had it or not the salesman asked if I was upgrading or just buying it outright (I told him I'm buying it outright).
    05-19-2013 04:31 PM
    When I went to the at&t store to look at the 920 when it first came out the salesman called it a brick and tried to discourage me. When I got my trophy the salesman told me that was the phone he used it and loved it. You can get a bad salesman with any carrier.
    True, but I've had a lot more issues with Verizon. A sales rep actually got into a verbal fight with my step mom in front of his manager. I just find a lot of their sales reps think they know it all but truly have no fvcking clue.
    05-19-2013 10:40 PM
    I bought my Lumia 928 (white) from Verizon. I paid full price since I was upgrading from the Lumia 822. I do wish i was a bit more patient, but I enjoyed the Lumia 822 and think it is a great phone too. The lumia 928, however, is the bomb! Really happy with it so far. It does seem odd that Verizon would not sell you the phone if you wanted to pay full price.
    05-22-2013 10:32 PM