Black vs White, grip texture battle!

wtf808

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have the white 928, I couldn't wait.. :p

I've had the black 8x for months now.. great phone aside from some of the SIM issues.

I love the rubbery, grippy feel of the black 8x. Naturally I lost this with the white 928.

Anyone know if the black 928 has a more grippy feel to it like an 8x or is it slick and glossy like the white..

wtf808

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
crud.. if that's the case, that's what I get for not waiting a few more days lol.. is the 920 in black, a matte black? never saw one..

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
yup it's matte. i think every phone has a 14 day return policy, and seeing as you would exchange it for the exact same phone just another color i dont think they would have an issue with that. doesn't hurt to try.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will charge you the restocking fee for a color change.

The black one is as slippery as the glossy 928. I had the 920 in matte black and it feels the same as my white 928. I'd just get a case with a soft touch finish, now that will increase grip exponentially.

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
i would assume so being that it has a matte finish.

I have both and actually the white one is grippy and the black matte is very slick. You would think that the glossy would be worse but it isn't. Neither have the grip or feel of the 8x. I think the black looks much better than the white, but might keep the white for the grip since I don't use a case. I think the white is supposed to have a scratch resistant polycarbonate finish, but the black one is not as scratch resistant.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Techgeek is right. I have a white 920, my girlfriend has cyan and my cousin has black. The glossy white is grippy while the other two matte finishes are slippery. I will say tho that the grippy white took a lot of getting used to. It is more difficult to hold than my old HD2 and HD7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786