My home soft key looks terrible when back lit.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My buttons don't have any smudges, and are completely white...

Are you comparing the white color to the "white" that is displayed on the screen or to the white on the shell of the device? They're both different...

I'd say that mine are closer to the shell's color... obviously not as vibrant.

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My buttons don't have any smudges, and are completely white...

Are you comparing the white color to the "white" that is displayed on the screen or to the white on the shell of the device? They're both different...

I'd say that mine are closer to the shell's color... obviously not as vibrant.
sounds like they look much better than mine. Mine are the color of some nasty teeth!

Brett Jackson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a 928 this afternoon... and yes, I too found a blemish/scratch mark underneath the windows key and a little bit of a yellow tint. I tweeted @NokiaCareUS and they replied, "It's as designed and doesn't impact the performance of the start key . ^GS". Sooo...should I go try and exchange this for a new one with Verizon? lol

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.... I wonder if that's why they've shipped me a replacement??? Nokia needs to get their customer service people on the same page, and they need to admit that this IS a defect in manufacturing, despite the person who is sending me a replacement phone telling me, "We do not consider this to be a defect, but we're going to replace your phone this time."

If it isn't a defect, WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU REPLACING MY PHONE???

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmm.... I wonder if that's why they've shipped me a replacement??? Nokia needs to get their customer service people on the same page, and they need to admit that this IS a defect in manufacturing, despite the person who is sending me a replacement phone telling me, "We do not consider this to be a defect, but we're going to replace your phone this time."

If it isn't a defect, WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU REPLACING MY PHONE???

Sounds like they're being kind of inconsistent from one CS rep to the next perhaps? Maybe they're trying to fix it at manufacturing without ever admitting there's an issue? Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that has gone back and got a replacement phone found that the replacement, whether it's a refurb or new phone does not have the terrible looking buttons?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that has gone back and got a replacement phone found that the replacement, whether it's a refurb or new phone does not have the terrible looking buttons?

Yeah, there have been a few. Look through the defects thread on this subsection of the forum and you'll see them. It's clear that some devices are defective and others are not. Nokia needs to start fessing up to that and fix their quality control.

D4pp3rD4n

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
i have the same issue as well. it looks like glue on the backside, most likely a manufacturing issue. i'll keep the phone as it't not that big of a deal for me, but i did tweet @NokiaCareUS about it so it is at least documented.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
i have the same issue as well. it looks like glue on the backside, most likely a manufacturing issue. i'll keep the phone as it't not that big of a deal for me, but i did tweet @NokiaCareUS about it so it is at least documented.

Some people have commented that it looks better over time. Not sure if anyone has had the "glue" go away completely. My first white 928 was terribly goopy behind the start button. It also had a vibrate that shook the whole phone case and made it sound like it was going to fall apart. Took it back to VZW store the same day I picked it up and replacement phone's buttons look perfect, vibrate is better but not as good as I would like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo