The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-14-2013 11:09 AM
109 12345
tools
    I may be confused on what some of you are considering group messaging....... But under the people hub I created a new group for my family. Under that group I send them all a message at the same time just by choosing the text all option.
    ho0lee0h likes this.
    06-07-2013 01:45 PM
    Yea, this is a big issue for me. I get a lot of group messages and they get broken up. This is a pain in the A$$ thanks Verizon. Infact, I tried to get my wife to get WP8 with a 928, after a week she returned it and this was in her top 2 reasons for returning it (besidses some of the apps)

I have called them and they say it's coming soon(heard the same thing from a few reps, they know it's an issue)....So, My question is....When will soon be now ??????
    06-07-2013 01:47 PM
    And group messaging isn't a Windows Phone issue, anyway. It's Verizon.
    06-08-2013 12:18 PM
    Yep, and the only reason I picked one up is because I got a mint one for less than 1/2 of you guys paid for it (off contract buyers). It came down to 32gb vs16gb. I can live with it till the 8.5/ 9 devices hit.

This discussion is not about bashing me for disliking the 928 because it does not have a MicroSD slot (truth be told, I am still disappointed about it), flaming people is something you could be written up for here that is worse than talking bad about wp8. BTW, who actually "banned" me from getting a 928? LOL

This discussion is about the lack of group texting for ANY Windows Phone 8 device on Verizon wireless. It is a known issue, and my wife DID return her 928 because of the lack of this feature.

Lets stay on topic here
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 06-11-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Removing quote
    06-08-2013 08:56 PM
    And group messaging isn't a Windows Phone issue, anyway. It's Verizon.
    It's a windows phone on vzw issue. Its lack of inclusion is negatively affecting many people to the point where they will drop wp in favor of a different device. Verizon doesn't take any loss here, other than very small amount of churn. It's Microsoft and wp that take the hit and as such they should never have agreed to drop the feature or they should have fixed whatever vzw didn't like immediately
    06-09-2013 01:12 PM
    06-09-2013 01:12 PM
    Yep, and the only reason I picked one up is because I got a mint one for less than 1/2 of you guys paid for it (off contract buyers). It came down to 32gb vs16gb. I can live with it till the 8.5/ 9 devices hit.

This discussion is not about bashing me for disliking the 928 because it does not have a MicroSD slot (truth be told, I am still disappointed about it), flaming people is something you could be written up for here that is worse than talking bad about wp8. BTW, who actually "banned" me from getting a 928? LOL

This discussion is about the lack of group texting for ANY Windows Phone 8 device on Verizon wireless. It is a known issue, and my wife DID return her 928 because of the lack of this feature.

Lets stay on topic here
    Nobody flamed you - I told him what the comment meant. Lighten up, Francis. Oh - and lots of us are disappointed that it doesn't have an SD slot. You were just the most vocal.

I don't remember who banned you - just remember reading the comment and laughing out loud.
    Last edited by hopmedic; 06-10-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-09-2013 05:56 PM
    I used to group text with 8 of my closest friends (iphone & android) on a daily basis. To them, WP has changed from a curiosity (on my trophy) to a complete joke (on my 928). With such a basic feature missing, anything positive I say is met with mocking laughter. So frustrated.
    06-10-2013 08:50 AM
    Yes.. So freaking frustrating. I can survive, but do not blame people leaving because of it..
    06-13-2013 02:18 PM
    Does anyone have an update on this? I read somewhere that there was an update due for June 13 that might include group messaging... Alas the 13th has come and almost gone with nary an update. ::sigh::
    06-13-2013 07:31 PM
    Everyone head over to the BBB website and file a complaint. It's easy and it's probably the best way to get results. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started
    06-14-2013 01:08 PM
    Verizon has no leverage for iOS or Android. This isn't 5 yrs ago.
    This response makes no sense. I said Droid, not Android. They're not the same thing. Android is an OS, owned by Google. Droid is a marketing term, owned by Verizon.

Take off your tinfoil hat. Verizon has ZERO reason to ban group MMS for some magic text message app you think is coming out. What do they gain? All they do is hold up WP8 adoption, something that we've been told they make fantastic margins on. And, even if every single WP8 user on Verizon uses their app, they still have, what, 7% of their users on it, at best?

It makes ZERO business sense. None. At all.

If this app was a big deal it would roll out as Droid Messaging first with fanfare and they'd try to push it there. Even if only 20% of their Droid users adopted it the share would still be greater than 100% of their WP8 users. Plus, it would be fairly easy for them to make a deal for this in exchange for the Droid branding, which carries a lot of power.

Seriously, your tinfoil hat conspiracy theory simply doesn't hold up logically. It's impossible to make that business case.
    06-16-2013 12:55 AM
    I used to group text with 8 of my closest friends (iphone & android) on a daily basis. To them, WP has changed from a curiosity (on my trophy) to a complete joke (on my 928). With such a basic feature missing, anything positive I say is met with mocking laughter. So frustrated.
    Yup. I get an enormous amount of group texts. They are impossible to follow since they aren't chronological when everyone is individual, and inevitably half the conversation turns into making fun of me for choosing WP8, since they all know that there is nothing I can do to defend myself unless I want to manually add each and every one of them to every text I send. Worse, I don't even know everyone included - if someone doesn't respond I have no clue he sees those texts.
    I mean, if I were in their shoes I'd do the same thing to the one ***** that can't do group texts.

Doesn't help that two of them work out in Cupertino and really get to feel that their product is superior.
    06-16-2013 12:58 AM
    Download the GroupMe app.
    06-16-2013 01:15 PM
    Download the GroupMe app.
    GroupMe is a ridiculous, clunky, and inelegant solution that completely ignores the ad-hoc nature of most group text messages. Those of us who rely on group MMS are aware of GroupMe, thanks.
    06-16-2013 01:34 PM
    The update in July will address this issue (Group messaging) Hang in there until then, it is a part of the update.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    06-16-2013 01:50 PM
    The update in July will address this issue (Group messaging) Hang in there until then, it is a part of the update.
    With respect, how sure are you of this?
    06-16-2013 01:55 PM
    With respect, how sure are you of this?
    100%
    06-16-2013 02:27 PM
    100%
    100% awesome
    06-16-2013 02:43 PM
    Seriously? I hope there is a way to shut it off.
    06-16-2013 04:08 PM
    Seriously? I hope there is a way to shut it off.
    ??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-16-2013 05:55 PM
    You're 100% sure? Well that's good news. But I'm going to continue to encourage people to go to the BBB site and file complaints to vzw.
    06-16-2013 06:03 PM
    You're 100% sure? Well that's good news. But I'm going to continue to encourage people to go to the BBB site and file complaints to vzw.
    And to be fair, there have been at least 3 different timeframes a fix was supposed to drop that have all come and gone =/
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    06-16-2013 06:42 PM
    I do not like Group Messaging. Nothing is more annoying than getting everyone's replies to a message they sent you. I totally understand why Verizon shut it off. Surprised it isn't going to be the new way to go with apps being able to replace the feature.
    06-16-2013 07:59 PM
    I do not like Group Messaging. Nothing is more annoying than getting everyone's replies to a message they sent you. I totally understand why Verizon shut it off. Surprised it isn't going to be the new way to go with apps being able to replace the feature.
    You know you can turn group messaging off right? Or you could tell your friends not to include you in group messages. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean no one else needs it. I for one use it daily and absolutely despise the fact that Verizon has disabled it for whatever reason. Even more annoying is their refusal to officially address the issue. All we've heard up until now is hear-say.
    Last edited by explosive012; 06-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    06-16-2013 08:35 PM
109 12345