Group Messaging?

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
In the messaging app just type in the names of the people you want to message or press the plus icon. Once you select someone you can just keep adding people

Th3GingerHitman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, what I meant was I received a text from someone which was to a group of people. I originally thought it was for me only but then I started getting more messages about it but from different people. So the message I received was to multiple ppl at the same time but it didn't show it. Does this make sense?

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe, as stated in previous posts, this is a "bug" with Verizon and Windows Phone, as other carriers do not have this limitation. The rumor is, an update sometime this summer/year will remedy this situation and you can have group messaging on Windows Phone with Verizon.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is one of many reasons why I won't go to Verizon. They are seriously crippling their phones. The HTC Trophy has this but no other Windows Phone that I know of has this on Verizon. At&t and T-Mobile support it. This is also another reason why I won't ever go Android, as they do not natively have group messaging. (yes you can send it but not receive them in one thread)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is one of many reasons why I won't go to Verizon. They are seriously crippling their phones. The HTC Trophy has this but no other Windows Phone that I know of has this on Verizon. At&t and T-Mobile support it. This is also another reason why I won't ever go Android, as they do not natively have group messaging. (yes you can send it but not receive them in one thread)

There are apps that will allow this, to replace the stock SMS/MMS app

Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.

As I stated in another thread, with all due respect the evidence is pretty shaky.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.
Hopefully it will come soon.

There are apps that will allow this, to replace the stock SMS/MMS app
Yes I know but they are far from perfect. Windows Phone (when activated) and iphone messaging have it built in and it works like clockwork.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Dont have a link. As someone who has been obsessing over the 928 since the rumors started I have seen way too much information. This is an issue that has come up about fifty million times and I cant keep track of where exactly I have seen it but.... Going back to the 822 release this was an issue. I am sure that if this was an issue for me I could find it but I am in the anti-group text camp.

Now that I've established you have no clear evidence of your statement - as someone who too has obsessively followed the 822 AND 928, and as someone who additionally has been following group MMS obsessively, there has NEVER been a public statement by VZW regarding this issue. The best anyone has ever been able to provide is a screencap of a support chat. Considering that support personnel routinely get simple facts wrong, I don't personally find this to be terribly reliable. In fact, the editor-in-chief of this very website confuses multiple-recepient SMS with group MMS, so I wouldn't put it past a low-level chat support to do the same. It'd be nice if you spoke less definitively about something if you have nothing with which to back it up. I'm not saying a fix isn't coming. I hope it is. But you, again, have nothing.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've established you have no clear evidence of your statement - as someone who too has obsessively followed the 822 AND 928, and as someone who additionally has been following group MMS obsessively, there has NEVER been a public statement by VZW regarding this issue. The best anyone has ever been able to provide is a screencap of a support chat. Considering that support personnel routinely get simple facts wrong, I don't personally find this to be terribly reliable. In fact, the editor-in-chief of this very website confuses multiple-recepient SMS with group MMS, so I wouldn't put it past a low-level chat support to do the same. It'd be nice if you spoke less definitively about something if you have nothing with which to back it up. I'm not saying a fix isn't coming. I hope it is. But you, again, have nothing.

Yup.
All we have is support chat, and people claiming that "someone in Verizon told me."
Well, unless it's set in stone, people in support don't know. 99% of Verizon employees have no clue what the engineers are working on - it isn't as if some guy sitting in a support cubicle walks down the hall and says to Bob the Windows Phone Engineer or Product Manager "hey, Bob, how's that group chat coming?". Hell, we don't even know if this is a Verizon issue or a Microsoft issue. So someone in support claiming it's coming is meaningless - often they just tell you something is coming but not announced because it's an easy and vague response to pacify customers.

Until Verizon announces it then we can't say "it's coming."

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Switched back to my iPhone 5. Lumia 928 is boxed up and ready to go back. I go group text with family A LOT - easily 10-20 messages daily.
Yup.
All we have is support chat, and people claiming that "someone in Verizon told me."
Well, unless it's set in stone, people in support don't know. 99% of Verizon employees have no clue what the engineers are working on - it isn't as if some guy sitting in a support cubicle walks down the hall and says to Bob the Windows Phone Engineer or Product Manager "hey, Bob, how's that group chat coming?". Hell, we don't even know if this is a Verizon issue or a Microsoft issue. So someone in support claiming it's coming is meaningless - often they just tell you something is coming but not announced because it's an easy and vague response to pacify customers.

Until Verizon announces it then we can't say "it's coming."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion