Group Messaging?

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
go to people, then scrol to the left you will find a option togather, then make a group here and when u want to send a msg to group just write the gruo name inplace of contact no .

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
go to people, then scrol to the left you will find a option togather, then make a group here and when u want to send a msg to group just write the gruo name inplace of contact no .

You're not the first person to suggest this, and it still fails. It doesn't keep all the responses in-line, and it doesn't work if someone else initiates the group texts. Even if you then try to respond this way, you don't even know every person included in the group text if someone else initiates it.

majorawsome

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is an old thread, but I have found a breakthrough for group messaging with the lumia 928! I downloaded the firmware using the Nokia Care Suite, then opened up the .FFU and went to the registry to see what I could find, and guess what I found... In the Windows/Registry/Packages directory I have found a file (OEMSettings.reg) and there is a value within that file called "ShowMMSGroupTextUI" with the value (DWord) of 0. I set this to one, but I don't know how to recompile the FFU. Anyone have any suggestions?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You won't be able to recompile and get it signed to use on the phone (I've tried). You can turn it on by resetting the phone and loading a backup of a non-VZW Windows phone that had the setting turned on

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I never liked that feature anyway and did not use it. I send group messages everyday and I do not want everyone replying to other's messages and seeing their #. If I want to do group chat I use an app for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster