The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-03-2013 08:29 PM
28 12
tools
    For those who order from newegg, post up when they been shipped.

I order 2 on the 16th one white one black. Still waiting for inventory.
    05-20-2013 07:59 AM
    I ordered on the 17th (black). Also waiting for the inventory to be fulfilled.

Couple of questions about orders through Newegg. Who actually ships the phone; Newegg or Verizon.

Will we still have to pay the activation fee if bought through Newegg? Even if we use our 822 SIM card?
    05-20-2013 08:28 AM
    Yes if you used an upgrade you have to pay the 30 bucks.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-20-2013 08:34 AM
    Ordered mine (wifes) on the 16th. Here is my chat with Manoj from Newegg wireless-

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
    Thanks to customers like you, we have received an overwhelming response to our great offers. Unfortunately, customers contacting us are experiencing unusually long hold times. Please be patient and we will connect you to an agent as soon as possible.
    Thanks to customers like you, we have received an overwhelming response to our great offers. Unfortunately, customers contacting us are experiencing unusually long hold times. Please be patient and we will connect you to an agent as soon as possible.
    You have been connected to Manoj P .
    Manoj P : Alexander, the phone will be available with us today anytime.
    Manoj P : Once the phone is available, we will process the order immediately.
    Alexander: ok, so I'm one of the orders that will be filled today?
    Manoj P : Yes.
    Alexander: It's for my wife and she's impatient. I need to make her happy at all times!
    Alexander: Thank you for the update!
    Manoj P : I can completely understand.
    Manoj P : You are welcome.
    Manoj P : Is there anything else I can do for you today?
    Alexander: Have a great day Manoj
    Alexander: Nothing else
    05-20-2013 12:19 PM
    I just did a chat with them as well, they told me the white one should ship out within 24 hours and the black one will ship out on the 24th.
    05-20-2013 01:04 PM
    My white 928 has been shipped.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    05-21-2013 10:46 AM
    Received at 8:03am this morning PST- Great News! Your new Verizon Wireless Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.
    05-21-2013 10:59 AM
    my white one shipped today and will be here tomorrow.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    05-21-2013 02:50 PM
    Placed an order for two white ones on the 18th, and they shipped today with expected delivery of tomorrow!
    05-21-2013 04:05 PM
    If only FedEx would show up!
    05-22-2013 10:19 AM
    I'm just hoping when mine arrives I don't have any issues with it. Returning it via mail would suck compared to walking into a Verizon store and swapping it out with a new one.
    Last edited by HornedOwl; 05-22-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: +s
    05-22-2013 10:40 AM
    Just got mine about 1/2 hour ago! Getting it all set up now. Nice looking phone. Definitely heavier than the 8X. That's the extent of my review so far... ;)
    05-22-2013 11:49 AM
    Well received my 928 almost have it setup, working on getting my apps reinstalled.

Also I was able to receive the $25 store credit.
    05-22-2013 02:54 PM
    Still waiting on my black one. I heard the 24th as well.
    05-22-2013 03:30 PM
    Chatted with Newegg for the 2 black ones I ordered and they said they won't be available until 05/24 and will ship next day.
    05-22-2013 04:17 PM
    Received my white 928 today. I have a question for those of you who may have ordered a phone through Newegg before.

I understand the whole do not cancel, modify, fail to pay or activating the phone on a different line as Newegg will charge you an additional $400. But, I have multiple phones that I like and WANT to switch between. Has anyone had issues with Newegg charging this fee if you simply just swap the SIM card to a different phone and NOT activate the Newegg phone on a different line (it will just be "dormant" until I swap my SIM card back into it)?

I talked to their live chat support, and the guy I talked to advised me not to switch between phones for the 181 day period. The contract says "By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee."

Does deactivating include just swapping the SIM into a different device? I want to play it safe and see if anyone has experience with Newegg in this regard. I bought my HTC 8X at a discount from BestBuy last year and swapped between that and my BlackBerry multiple times within 6 months of owning it. Not sure if the deals between these retailers and the carriers are the same, but I figure they would be.
    deuce01 likes this.
    05-22-2013 08:23 PM
    Great News! Your new Verizon Wireless Nokia Lumia 928 Black - 4G LTE has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.
    :)
    05-24-2013 11:09 AM
    Nice. My black one still just says carrier approved
    05-24-2013 01:09 PM
    Received my white 928 today. I have a question for those of you who may have ordered a phone through Newegg before.

I understand the whole do not cancel, modify, fail to pay or activating the phone on a different line as Newegg will charge you an additional $400. But, I have multiple phones that I like and WANT to switch between. Has anyone had issues with Newegg charging this fee if you simply just swap the SIM card to a different phone and NOT activate the Newegg phone on a different line (it will just be "dormant" until I swap my SIM card back into it)?

I talked to their live chat support, and the guy I talked to advised me not to switch between phones for the 181 day period. The contract says "By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee."

Does deactivating include just swapping the SIM into a different device? I want to play it safe and see if anyone has experience with Newegg in this regard. I bought my HTC 8X at a discount from BestBuy last year and swapped between that and my BlackBerry multiple times within 6 months of owning it. Not sure if the deals between these retailers and the carriers are the same, but I figure they would be.

I wouldn't risk it, just use the 928 for the 6 months then feel free to switch the phones around.
    05-24-2013 01:13 PM
    Shipped! Will be here Tuesday!

I'll probably wear out the search function on this site next week trying to figure it all out.
    05-24-2013 04:49 PM
    Still no tracking number for my black one but do have this: Great News! Your order is ready to ship.
    We will send you an email with tracking information and update this site once it ships.
    Thank you for shopping with us!
    05-24-2013 05:40 PM
    Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you very much for the feedback provided in this forum. Your satisfaction with your Newegg experience is very important to us. If you have any problem with your cell phone order, you may contact Newegg Wireless at 877-337-0167 directly.

If your issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact our Customer Service department at wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve the problem promptly.

Thank you again,

Newegg.com
    HornedOwl, Somerichs and nunyazz like this.
    05-29-2013 03:05 PM
    My brother's shipped out on Friday and arrived yesterday. The black looks and feels really good. I'm happy with my white though.
    Newegg_Support likes this.
    05-29-2013 03:56 PM
    As for the additional ETF, if you read it, it says SERVICES -- they don't care what device you put on the line, as long as you are paying them for the line. Not 100% sure though if that would include data, etc. But switching smartphones should be fine.

edit: granted, I won't be paying your ETF if that is not the case :P
    05-30-2013 10:05 AM

I would assume Verizon works like AT&T and T-Mo do. Your activation follows your SIM, not your phone...so as long as the line is active you're fine. I'm not sure NewEgg can even tell what phone the SIM is using-Verizon can, but as long as your account is in good standing with everyone it should be fine.
    ooklah likes this.
    05-30-2013 10:31 AM
28 12