I just got the Nokia 928. I have a Surface Pro tablet. I connected the two and Windows 8 launched the "Windows Phone" software, showing me everything on my phone. I put some music over there - everything sync'd okay.

Later I wanted to delete a few albums from the phone. I connect the phone, which brings up the Windows Phone app on the Surface. I go into Music. I right click on an album and choose "Delete". It asks if I want to remove the album from the phone - I click "Yes". I get "1 task in progress", then 1 second later I get a success notification and the album is gone.

That's all I can do... if I attempt to do anything else (delete another album, download photos, etc.), I get "1 task in progress" and it sits there forever (I let it sit for nearly 30 mins). The only way to get it to work again is to unplug the phone and reconnect it. Then I can do one more thing (one more delete, etc), then stuck again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

PS - If I connect the phone, then close the Windows Phone software that immediately comes up, I can use Windows Explorer and delete files all I want, no problem. It just hangs on the Windows Phone software on my Surface.
    05-20-2013 04:34 PM
    I just got the Nokia 928. I have a Surface Pro tablet. I connected the two and Windows 8 launched the "Windows Phone" software, showing me everything on my phone. I put some music over there - everything sync'd okay.

Later I wanted to delete a few albums from the phone. I connect the phone, which brings up the Windows Phone app on the Surface. I go into Music. I right click on an album and choose "Delete". It asks if I want to remove the album from the phone - I click "Yes". I get "1 task in progress", then 1 second later I get a success notification and the album is gone.

That's all I can do... if I attempt to do anything else (delete another album, download photos, etc.), I get "1 task in progress" and it sits there forever (I let it sit for nearly 30 mins). The only way to get it to work again is to unplug the phone and reconnect it. Then I can do one more thing (one more delete, etc), then stuck again.

PS - If I connect the phone, then close the Windows Phone software that immediately comes up, I can use Windows Explorer and delete files all I want, no problem. It just hangs on the Windows Phone software on my Surface.
    When you click on "1 task in progress" what does it say it is doing?
    05-20-2013 04:36 PM

Sounds like a legit issue. A lot of folks dont like the new wp8 PC sync software, so if I were you I would just continue to use the file explorer for all future file transfers.
    05-20-2013 04:39 PM
    I use the Windows Phone desktop app. Works pretty wel.
    05-20-2013 04:45 PM
    When I click "1 task in progress" is says: "Deleting one file..." and has an X next to it. Pressing the X stops the task, but doesn't solve it - still does the same thing when I attempt to delete the file again.
    05-20-2013 06:19 PM
    When I click "1 task in progress" is says: "Deleting one file..." and has an X next to it. Pressing the X stops the task, but doesn't solve it - still does the same thing when I attempt to delete the file again.
    ahh, have you tried reinstalling the phone sync app and then trying again?
    05-20-2013 07:09 PM