Where to buy a L928 full price no contract?

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am simply trying to purchase a Lumia 928 full price in Plattsburg. Basically I am driving down from Montr?al, Canada and want to buy the phone full price ($499.00) and they will not let me. The usual BS about needing to sign a contract, do you guys have any way around this or is there anything I can do!!! Because the phone is unlocked from the factory it should work with Rogers down in here Canada withouth any issues right.?? No i don`t want to purchase online, I simply want to go pickup a white 928 this afternoon after my work shift.......Any advice guys???? Pissed off by this **** royally!!!! I am currently using my BB Z10 and Lumia 920 and sold the 920 so I now want the 928 which I think is a stunning phone to say the least!! Can`t someone paying full price just go get one, any way guys, if you know please send me some feedback so I can have my phone today!!! Don`t want to wait until it comes to Canada, whenever that will be!

Last edited by a moderator:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pissed off!!

get a plan then cancel it. The salesmen have their trick to get commission, you have your consumer right to give them one in the face.

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Really!! even being from Montr?al!! So your saying sign off the documents and then pay the cancellation fee how long after? Since I don`t want to be paying two plans!!! and i suppose I would need to call Verizon from Canada to do this?

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

If you go to a Microsoft store they will sell you one unlocked. Just make sure you are able to change the apn settings so mms and internet work properly.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

I believe the phone has the bands to work with Rogers. However the APN is locked down according to others who have the phone.

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Damn!!! And even according to Verizon I need a US address anyway to create a contract and no Microsoft stores in Montr?al. What a bummer this is :(

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

It has a GSM/LTE radio and will likely work with Rodgers (works with T Mobile and AT&T in the US), but you can not edit the APN settings so it will not work for internet and mms on any carrier other than Verizon. I was able to get get text messages working on my AT&T sim, but nothing else worked other than voice

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Really!! even being from Montr?al!! So your saying sign off the documents and then pay the cancellation fee how long after? Since I don`t want to be paying two plans!!! and i suppose I would need to call Verizon from Canada to do this?
Not if you buy it out right. The only thing you need to pay is the 99+350+activation fees, the monthly will be waived within 14days if you never really use the service.

Cylemmulo

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I would maybe call up Verizon and see if this is a thing that is allowed or not. Maybe at the store ask for a manager

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

I recently had a similar issue with VZW. I tried buying the phone outright as well as a gift and they wouldn't let me, they said it had to be tied to a number. They suggested to order online which caused me the same frustration you're feeling OP. They also wouldn't allow me to buy it and use my account, then switch it over to whom Im giving it to at a later date, which totally blew me away, because I've never heard of that, and have done that numerous times.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I guess I will need to wait until it comes to Canada, such a pain in the ***! Thanks for the responses guy, much appreciated

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it'll come to Canada... it's a Verizon exclusive, you'll have to go for the Lumia 925 when it comes out in June or get another 920 :/

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Just want to update anyone still looking to use the phone off Verizon. Curiosity got the best of me, and while I was told by VZW that the phone wouldn't work for data and mms on another carrier (and my 8x wouldn't work on AT&T), I can confirm that my 928 is currently on T-Mobile's GSM network getting HSPDA and call, text and internet is working. MMS does not work, and I still can't get the APN settings to stick. Might be worth the try in Canada

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Just want to update anyone still looking to use the phone off Verizon. Curiosity got the best of me, and while I was told by VZW that the phone wouldn't work for data and mms on another carrier (and my 8x wouldn't work on AT&T), I can confirm that my 928 is currently on T-Mobile's GSM network getting HSPDA and call, text and internet is working. MMS does not work, and I still can't get the APN settings to stick. Might be worth the try in Canada

Wait a minute I just got back to look at my thread and saw you posted this!!! Do you think it might work if I can get one full price and bring it down to Montr?al?! This phone is sex and right now I went to the HTC One and while its a gorgeous piece of hardware I am already fed up of android.........I would trade anyone for a Lumia 928 that would work with ROGERS :):):)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077