Data Drain?

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the L928 using up data really fast? Especially when I share with my tablet.
Its early days, so this isn't very scientific (give me another solid month) but I've never blown through data like this. I hope it just from fiddling with the phone! ;)

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont think it does. I have only used about 350 mb since release. I have 17 billing days left though. Also for most of the day ( work ) im on network.

Update:

Just checked verizon.
928 = 358Mb
Account = 0.533gb
4gb plan
Cycle ends the 06/06/2013

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you are using the phone on VZW, use the data sense app and slide to the right to see exactly where your data is going. It's app specific.

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
check with Verizon to see where they show a sudden spike in your useage if this is not the norm for you. A friend just got the 928 as well and NEVER uses much data and 5 days later he is over his limit and they told him that today alone he had 6 hours of data use..which he did not. They were going to spike his phone to see if that fixes the issue if not he will get a new phone. The other thing that could have happened is if you downloaded all your apps to the new phone while not on wifi, this would affect data as well I believe.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any spikes at all in my data. I just checked the data for all of the devices on my account and I am right where I should be.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

bwhite757

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No problems here either. According to Data Sense I've used about .4gb which is normal for me as I like to stream music. I'm on a 6gb share everything plan and the other 2 smartphones on the plan use less than a gig per month so that leaves me with 5, so I'll be well under my limit.

I had this issue with the Blackberry Z10 when I tried it for a week, I blew through 4gb is 4 days not streaming music. I ended up returning the phone after a replacement did the same thing. VZW was nice enough to credit my account and not charge me a restocking fee.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
lisainsf,
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me when I switched from unlimited to plan in December, which is why I'm a bit concerned (I hadn't touched my phone for 4 days and somehow used 10+GB. !!!). In that case they fixed my incorrect data usage somewhat, but I still ended up paying to much. Next month all was good. I'm about to go into a new month for my billing cycle, so I'll watch it carefully. Thx.

I was streaming music for a few hours on Tues, which is when I noticed a possible spike in my data - that's what triggered this. Thanks for the responses.

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
lisainsf,
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me when I switched from unlimited to plan in December, which is why I'm a bit concerned (I hadn't touched my phone for 4 days and somehow used 10+GB. !!!). In that case they fixed my incorrect data usage somewhat, but I still ended up paying to much. Next month all was good. I'm about to go into a new month for my billing cycle, so I'll watch it carefully. Thx.

I was streaming music for a few hours on Tues, which is when I noticed a possible spike in my data - that's what triggered this. Thanks for the responses.

tha is exactly what happened with him, he switched plans and data went through the roof..

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just switched from Sprint to Verizon so I am very nervous about being limited to a 6gb plan with 3 lines! Just picked up the 928 so I will be watching my data like a hawk. Any suggestions from you guys so I do not get shocked by my first bill?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Just switched from Sprint to Verizon so I am very nervous about being limited to a 6gb plan with 3 lines! Just picked up the 928 so I will be watching my data like a hawk. Any suggestions from you guys so I do not get shocked by my first bill?

just make sure what apps are using push notifications and what apps are using background processes. Other than that you'll be fine.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Is the phone new to you? I noticed I blew through a couple GB just after I got it. I think it was due to all the updates. I would keep your eye on it and check next month. Other than that, like others said, use Data Sense to see which app is using all that data.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Keep this in mind if you're coming from a different WP8 device - if you backed up your prior phone, and you restore to this phone, depending on how many apps you have installed you could easily blow through your data. My restore was 2GB on my first 928 (coming from an 822) and 1.7GB on the second 928. Make sure you're on WiFi doing the restore.

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody for your help! I have data sense rolling and I am checking everyday! I am super excited about this phone and couldn't be happier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05