Verizon Group Messaging Workaround?

preludepunk27

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Do your friends need to download the groupme app though?

I know that shouldn't be a big deal, but it'd be slightly annoying to ask all my friends to add the app just because I'm the only one with a Windows phone. It's just another reason for them to talk about how fantastic their iPhone's are.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Or wait... that's what I'm doing.

How long will you be waiting?
WP9?

People have faith that it'll be fixed in July. Most of those same people were convinced it would be fixed in June. They had dates. They had sources. None of those were reliable and none panned out.
Verizon isn't discussing it, other than random CS people. I'm not holding my breath. There's been zero communication about this and it doesn't seem a big concern to them.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
How long will you be waiting?
WP9?

People have faith that it'll be fixed in July. Most of those same people were convinced it would be fixed in June. They had dates. They had sources. None of those were reliable and none panned out.
Verizon isn't discussing it, other than random CS people. I'm not holding my breath. There's been zero communication about this and it doesn't seem a big concern to them.

I had originally thought May lol

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 928 today and realized there was no group text. Coming from an Iphone I never would have realized how much I use group messaging. It is very annoying to say the least.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 928 today and realized there was no group text. Coming from an Iphone I never would have realized how much I use group messaging. It is very annoying to say the least.

We all feel ya. Hang in there, hopefully Verizon will stop treating us like second class customers and they'll fix their service.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
We all feel ya. Hang in there, hopefully Verizon will stop treating us like second class customers and they'll fix their service.

Not necessarily Verizon who needs to do the fixin. From what I've heard, Microsoft is handling group texting in a way that doesn't work well on the Verizon network and Verizon took it out of the phone for that reason. Until we know for sure, we cant be sure who the blame falls on.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily Verizon who needs to do the fixin. From what I've heard, Microsoft is handling group texting in a way that doesn't work well on the Verizon network and Verizon took it out of the phone for that reason. Until we know for sure, we cant be sure who the blame falls on.

Over 43% of WP users are on Verizon. What percent of Verizon customers are using WP? Who do you think is less motivated to give us group messaging? The blame undoubtedly falls on Verizon. Maybe MS should be pushing them a bit.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Over 43% of WP users are on Verizon. What percent of Verizon customers are using WP? Who do you think is less motivated to give us group messaging? The blame undoubtedly falls on Verizon. Maybe MS should be pushing them a bit.

Verizon had no problem with WP7, but since Microsoft restructured everything with WP8 it has been a no go. You honestly can be sure of either way.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Idk if maybe they changed something, cause the entire time I had my trophy (from release date till this past November) group texting was flawless.

I have three or four group text conversations going every day. I often have to manually load messages by clicking "Get content." It's possible that I just use it more than you did so I encounter more problems. Group messaging is important for my family communication, work communication, and social stuff as well. Just talking about it gets me pissed at Verizon for withholding the feature because they can't work with the OS to get it working properly as other carriers have.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have three or four group text conversations going every day. I often have to manually load messages by clicking "Get content." It's possible that I just use it more than you did so I encounter more problems. Group messaging is important for my family communication, work communication, and social stuff as well. Just talking about it gets me pissed at Verizon for withholding the feature because they can't work with the OS to get it working properly as other carriers have.

Well group texts are mms so when you receive them in bad connection (or dont enable the auto download option) it will prompt you to download it manually

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well group texts are mms so when you receive them in bad connection (or dont enable the auto download option) it will prompt you to download it manually

Well I live in Chicago, so the VZW reception is almost always good unless I'm in a building with bad reception. I have auto download enabled. MMS just doesn't work sometimes. I don't think that Microsoft changed the group messaging dynamics from wp7-wp8 so I don't know what would be different. I really believe that the inconsistency of WP MMS on Verizon is the reason they disabled it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I live in Chicago, so the VZW reception is almost always good unless I'm in a building with bad reception. I have auto download enabled. MMS just doesn't work sometimes. I don't think that Microsoft changed the group messaging dynamics from wp7-wp8 so I don't know what would be different. I really believe that the inconsistency of WP MMS on Verizon is the reason they disabled it.

Huh that is weird. But between 7 and 8, Microsoft had to have changed the group messaging dynamics, they literally rewrote everything switching to the new kernel. I'm not saying this is definitely why, but to me it makes a lot of sense if it is why

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Huh that is weird. But between 7 and 8, Microsoft had to have changed the group messaging dynamics, they literally rewrote everything switching to the new kernel. I'm not saying this is definitely why, but to me it makes a lot of sense if it is why

Well, regardless, the lack of the group messaging feature is actually keeping me from buying the 928. I use the feature enough to say that I would actually be making more work for myself by switching the 928. Verizon/MS need to get it together on this one. You can't have smart phones that are incapable of performing simple communication tasks that most dumb phones can do in 2013.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
We have no clue if this is a Verizon or Microsoft issue. Arguing it one way or the other is like two blind people arguing about whether a toy truck is red or green.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo