Pushed aside, 928 gone from vzw homepage

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find it quite sad that verizonwireless.com homepage doesn't even make mention of the 928 anymore. They have a tile for the year old Note II still... :(

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find it quite sad that verizonwireless.com homepage doesn't even make mention of the 928 anymore. They have a tile for the year old Note II still... :(

Yes you are right. Don't know what is happening.. Also it is not available in any of the stores in my location for pick up.

Condairy Windham

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Well its one of those things.. I mean they still have it on the slide show. But the Samsung Galaxy S4 is coming out and thats where the commissions are at. I really cant speak for sure here but I know these reps get commissions and since windows/nokia are actually selling a great phone for a decent price for us (but hurts the reps) I dont see those reps pushing these phones. Small commissions. Now Samsung loves throwing out that extra cash to sell their products.

But hey.. its not the reps that make the phones.. its us.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Talk about pushed aside. I went into VZW tonight to see the 928, and the WP8 phones are in the back corner and the 928 wasn't even charged to work. It was plugged in, and powering off as the "battery" on the screen was in the red zone. Really, brand new phone for WP8 and its not even working - that 3rd ecosystem must be really important. On my way out, I let the 4 salespeople hovering at the door know that the 928 would be a hard sell with no power to it.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
10 white 928! They had 5 white 928 when I was there and it took them a couple of minutes to find them. I ask how many Samsung 4S the had in stock and he replied a couple hundred!

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
10 white 928! They had 5 white 928 when I was there and it took them a couple of minutes to find them. I ask how many Samsung 4S the had in stock and he replied a couple hundred!
Samsung made enough, Nokia didn't.

I keep seeing people talk about commission, but honestabe and others have said over and over that Verizon floor people dont get commission. So do they or don't they?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
If it helps, I work in a call center for VZW and have become the sort of go to guy for all things WP related there. Someone pointed a guy in my direction in the lunch room and he asked about my 8X. I told him I'd have gotten the 928 if I had the choice but it was 822 or 8X at the time. Two days later he came up to me and showed me his new Nokia. His S3 is now relegated to WiFi use only. Hopefully he loves it as much as I do and will spread the word during his calls :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett