I just upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the Lumia and I love it, except for when I'm at home..

I get only one bar while in my house, and I constantly have text messages failing and have to resend them, and I also get duplicate texts all the time. I had better signal and never had any of these problems with my iPhone. I tested out the iPhone again to make sure it wasn't just a bad signal day, but it had no problems.

What could be the reason for this?
    05-24-2013 11:11 PM
    did you try dialing *228, select option two?
    05-24-2013 11:55 PM
    with an LTE device you don't call *228.

I've experienced the a couple of issues with texts back when I first got my 822 last November. First try restarting the phone. All the way off - tap/hold power, swipe down. If that doesn't do it, call VZW customer service.
    HornedOwl likes this.
    05-25-2013 12:41 AM
    The duplicate text/failed to text issue, is this also happening outside of your home? If it is, not sure what the reason for it is happening inside your home and nowhere else.

If all else fails, try factory resetting your phone. Settings => under system, about => and you should be able to reset it on the bottom. It will give you a confirmation box, since it's factory reset. Select Yes if you want to do it. (I suggest backing up your data beforehand)
    05-25-2013 01:01 AM
    If all else fails, try factory resetting your phone. Settings => under system, about => and you should be able to reset it on the bottom. It will give you a confirmation box, since it's factory reset. Select Yes if you want to do it. (I suggest backing up your data beforehand)
    This is a LAST resort. Before you do this, call Verizon. It could be an issue on their end with switching your account. This was the case one of the times I had a problem. The other time, restarting the phone resolved it.

Also, since OP is coming from an iDevice, I've seen others post that you have to turn off iMessaging. I don't have a clue what that's about, just reposting what I've seen from others.
    05-25-2013 10:26 AM