Should I switch from HTC to Nokia

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm in love with my windows phone. However, when I upgraded there was only the HTC 8x and the Nokia 822 for Verizon. I went with the 8x because it had the better stats. Now that I I've owned a windows phone for sometime now, I have always seen "Nokia Exclusive" apps released in the store. With nothing really coming from HTC.

So my question is do you guys think its worth it to switch from the 8x to the Nokia Lumia 928?

keylex90

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well. It really depends on what type of user are you. Both are having decent ram. L928 is having awesome preview features, while HTC 8x is having a killer sound system. It really depends on whether u love to take photos as you goes around, or you are a music lover.

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Well. It really depends on what type of user are you. Both are having decent ram. L928 is having awesome preview features, while HTC 8x is having a killer sound system. It really depends on whether u love to take photos as you goes around, or you are a music lover.
I do a little of both to be honest lol, not really set on one major thing like that. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding if I should just go ahead and switch. Just because of how Nokia is releasing Nokia only games/apps.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I had the 822 and switched to the 8X. One of the reasons I did was because I didn't really use the Nokia apps. Look at them closely and see if you will really use them.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would say 928 is a around small upgrade from 8X. While Nokia might announce something big next, Verizon always get them 6 months later. Plus 928 is GSM unlock out of the box, you might be able to sell them off, albeit it will worth 200-250 by Sept.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, keep in mind that later this summer or fall, ATT will probably get the EOS. After that, who knows how long it will be before Verizon gets a variant, but I've seen both 3 months and 6 months as rumored exclusivity periods. God and Stephen Elop only know what's in it, but the camera will be killer, we know that. Depending on how long you want to wait, and how anxious you are, that could end up being the phone you want.

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an 8X and a L928. Lets just say IF my L928 for some reason gets lost/damaged I would just go back to the Verizon store and buy the L928 out right again....

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the 8x since launch and I loved it, really. One thing about it, though, is the button layout. I was constantly hitting search or camera. And I could never find the vol and power buttons. I got my 928 early this week and love it! It just feels so much better to me and the ergonomics are spot on for my hand. Funny thing, I was setting up the 8x to give to my gf and was shocked at how much smaller it felt on my hands. And with the slightly larger screen and higher red this phone is damn near perfect for me. And the camera is amazing. It really is. I'll never look back.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to the store, play with them, see which one you like best.

You may like the size/form factor of the 8x more than the 928. You may prefer the 928's screen. Or any other number of things.
A lot of the best apps for Nokia (HERE maps and drive) are available on other platforms.
I had an 8X for a while and it was good. If I could get any feature from the 8X on the 928 it'd be the size and colors.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the 8x since launch and I loved it, really. One thing about it, though, is the button layout. I was constantly hitting search or camera. And I could never find the vol and power buttons. I got my 928 early this week and love it! It just feels so much better to me and the ergonomics are spot on for my hand. Funny thing, I was setting up the 8x to give to my gf and was shocked at how much smaller it felt on my hands. And with the slightly larger screen and higher red this phone is damn near perfect for me. And the camera is amazing. It really is. I'll never look back.

Same here, but the 8x is a very good phone (my gf loves it). I actually have found the Lumia exclusives to be nice but not really game changing now that Here Drive and Here Maps came to the 8x (think maps has the equivalent of city lens).

I only miss Beats audio at this point, but I get much better battery life (unrelated) so it seems like a fair trade. I've been using it all day for music and did a fair amount of browsing on LTE and I still have 35% now that the battery has settled in. I would have been dead hours ago on the 8x

keylex90

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit that the beats audio in HTC is pretty awesome, but I still love Nokia more when it comes to the exclusive apps. It's convenient and running smoothly.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Switch to Nokia. In terms of quality, Nokia's hardware is, perhaps, one of THE best in the market. I'm speaking beyond OS platforms~ I've always felt like I was holding a premium device whenever it was nokia branded.

HTC phones are good-- but from reviews of android phones it would appear HTC has a lot more cosmetic defects (or I hear people complain more about them) than most OEM's. Thats just what I hear/see though.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems these days not thinking Nokia whenever I think of WP, and I have yet to own a Nokia powered WP. It is just unfair how hard Nokia works to improve their products and stand out. They are rabid- trying to get market share, touting the WP experience, fighting tooth and nail to get apps on the ecosystem,

HTC is the oldest Microsoft OS hardware partner, and without them there would be no real history or progress on WP. They seem determined to stick with WP 8. I respect and am cheering for them to be a winner. But....... dang it all, Nokia is just all in on WP and it shows. Even IF you do not think you will use Nokia exclusives right now, in two years they will have about 5 more created that you will kick yourself for not having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb