Has anyone tried one of the ebay cases?

lumia 928 case | eBay

They are cheap, I'm just wondering whether quality is too low.

05-26-2013 11:33 PM
    Which case exactly are you talking about?
    Most of them come from china, so the quality is either a hit or a miss, better to invest a few extra bucks in a branded case like Incipio (if thats how you spell it)
    05-27-2013 01:31 AM
    Which case exactly are you talking about?
    Most of them come from china, so the quality is either a hit or a miss, better to invest a few extra bucks in a branded case like Incipio (if thats how you spell it)
    And where do you think most brand name cases are manufactured? They are also China but they just pay for better materials and workmanship which results in higher quality cases and prices for the consumer.
    05-27-2013 01:49 AM
    The diamond studded one of course!!

I'm looking at the simple BLACK RUBBERIZED HARD SNAP-ON CASE COVER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 928 VERIZON
    Looking at them on amazon they have cases for the 920 and it seems most of them or good reviews.
    05-27-2013 01:52 AM
    And where do you think most brand name cases are manufactured? They are also China but they just pay for better materials and workmanship which results in higher quality cases and prices for the consumer.
    Sigh...Even Apple is manufactured in china.
    Its always good to have a premium protection for a premium device, rather than saving a few quid and regretting later.
    The best example is screen guards.
    05-27-2013 01:53 AM
    The diamond studded one of course!!

I'm looking at the simple BLACK RUBBERIZED HARD SNAP-ON CASE COVER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 928 VERIZON
    Thats a cheap case pal..., aka unbranded.
    Look what wpcentral offers - Nokia Lumia 820 Cases - The WP Central Store
    05-27-2013 01:54 AM
    Thats a cheap case pal..., aka unbranded.
    Look what wpcentral offers - Nokia Lumia 820 Cases - The WP Central Store
    No one really offers a case yet for the 928 besides Verizon. So maybe i could be one that tides me over? Though the brand/company has good amazon reviews. The only issue I saw for the 920 was that the case color somehow affected the pictures. I could always just get black and not worry.
    05-27-2013 02:00 AM
    No one really offers a case yet for the 928 besides Verizon. So maybe i could be one that tides me over? Though the brand/company has good amazon reviews. The only issue I saw for the 920 was that the case color somehow affected the pictures. I could always just get black and not worry.
    Ah 928, that kid is just out from the womb, it'll take some time for its clothes to appear in the market.
    Get a generic pouch till then or gamble your money with the unbranded case :p
    05-27-2013 02:04 AM
    Well, I got the blue one and it was fantastic imo. I recently just had a mishap with my phone where I was taking out of my pocket and instead of catching it I threw it down on tile floor. I was scared to turn it over, but not a dent in the case or scratch on the screen. :)
    06-07-2013 04:12 PM
    I contacted Amzer and they said a case holster combo is in the works.
    Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
    06-07-2013 05:27 PM
    If Diztronic decides to make a case, I will be in heaven. They easily make the best TPU cases IMO. They are usually matte and are near impossible to get fingerprints on them.
    06-07-2013 05:32 PM
    If Diztronic decides to make a case, I will be in heaven. They easily make the best TPU cases IMO. They are usually matte and are near impossible to get fingerprints on them.
    I asked them and they unfortunately said no case was in the works. Maybe if enough people ask them...
    06-07-2013 11:37 PM
    If you want a clean durable cheap case look on ebay for the s-line tpu case. I have on on my HTC 8x and my wifes phone and they work great. Both devices have ended up dropped face down on hard surfaces without a scratch.
    06-07-2013 11:59 PM
    I purchased the black crystal TPU case. Love it!!! I always go TPU as they are durable and have always protected my phones well when dropped. I will say this though, I had to use a razor to cut the button on the camera just a little to give it some slack as it was really tight and whenever I picked up the phone and unlocked it the camera app would launch. Also had to cut out the headphone jack a little as the cable I use in the car wouldn't go in all the way. No big deal as I have had to alter every one of the cases for different phones so comes with the territory. I also like the TPU cases as they always seem to be the slimmest as well. Plus with the price of about $4 how can you go wrong.

I was getting nervous once I saw the reports of people having cracked screens from drops.... replacement screens are going for a premium right now at about $200.
    06-08-2013 09:42 AM
    I was getting nervous once I saw the reports of people having cracked screens from drops.... replacement screens are going for a premium right now at about $200.
    The reason it's so high is because the display and the digitizer are one, not separate like most phones.
    montsa007 likes this.
    06-08-2013 12:01 PM