Unlimited

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how this is possible but my bill has already rolled over to a new month and I still have unlimited data. I preordered the black one and got it last Wednesday. Anyone else as lucky as me?

joshpjost

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how this is possible but my bill has already rolled over to a new month and I still have unlimited data. I preordered the black one and got it last Wednesday. Anyone else as lucky as me?

Yes. I upgraded to the 928 and looked at my bill and My Verizon. Looks like I still have unlimited. How could this have happened? Fluke in the system? My wife only picked up the phone for me, but did not activate it. I activated it later on that night.

airwolf878

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Got my 928 at the Microsoft store and they were able to do the upgrade without any changes to my plan. A few days later I got an email from Verizon saying they were changing my data plan to the new 2GB data plan.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded, but when I received the phone the only step I took was inserting my SIM card from my L822. On my account it says I'm using the L928 though.

If you did the upgrade using a different line other than your unlimited line than you are fine. Nothing says you have to activate the phone on the same line you upgraded, as far as I am aware.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my 928 at the Microsoft store and they were able to do the upgrade without any changes to my plan. A few days later I got an email from Verizon saying they were changing my data plan to the new 2GB data plan.

Regardless of where you purchase, if you use the upgrade on your unlimited line you are going to lose your unlimited as soon as it hits on the Verizon system.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well than, count yourself lucky. I have not heard of anyone else not losing their unlimited, without paying full price or using the loophole that is available. When you ordered the 928 did you also get a new SIM card with it?

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Well than, count yourself lucky. I have not heard of anyone else not losing their unlimited, without paying full price or using the loophole that is available. When you ordered the 928 did you also get a new SIM card with it?

I did not receive a SIM card, just used the one I had with my L822.

joshpjost

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have checked every day since I upgrade and it still says unlimited. I got a new SIM card with the phone.

airwolf878

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of where you purchase, if you use the upgrade on your unlimited line you are going to lose your unlimited as soon as it hits on the Verizon system.

Yeah, I found that out. It just would have been nice to have that explained at the store while I was doing the upgrade, rather than getting an email after a few days saying they changed the plan on me. I don't use that much data anyway though so not a huge deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12