I'm curious, what constitutes the "first batch" of 928s?

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi-

I've been reading through all the threads here on WPC, and noticing an assortment of issues people are noticing with their new 928s. The most frequent seem to be the gunky home soft key, and issues with the vibrate being overly...vibratory. :)

Anyway, most of the follow on discussions suggest that, with any phone, there are bound to be issues in the "first batch," and they usually get cleared up later on.

So, I'm wondering, then: what constitutes the "first batch" of 928s? Are we still in the middle of it? has it come and gone? Are the phones that are now being shipped the next batch?

I ordered one from Newegg the first Thursday they were available, and when I got the email that they were delayed and wouldn't ship until Monday or Tuesday, I cancelled so I could actually go and at least hold the phone and play with it before ordering, and because I changed my mind and wanted a black one.

I ended up going back and re-ordering thru Newegg last Monday, I think, and finally got the notification that it should ship today.

So will I be getting a "first batch" phone or one from a later batch? :smile:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Call me sick,
But I prefer buying a first batch of the phone, playing with it for a month or so, checking forums for issues and going to the shop for a swap.

I personally think atleast the initial 2 shipments count for first batch of phones, however if its devices like Galaxy s4 or Iphone 5 which are sold like hot cakes, even outsold within a few minutes/hours can consider 3-4 shipments as their initial batch, maybe more than that?

I am not sure when was made avl. as am not in states, but I hope my response throws some light on your query :)

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The company has to be aware of the defects and change the manufacturing process to account for them. So either they knew about the defects and sent the first batch anyway or they just now became aware of the issue and still would need weeks to correct the defects. Look how long the 920 took to correct the "dust in the lens" problem.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it probably isn't a definitive thing i believe. I've seen hardware revisions and stuff (like the iPad 2(?)'s with more efficient processors IIRC and Palm tightening up the original Pre's slider after it initially shipped) but I don't think there's a SI unit for that.

probably the "first batch" is gone once they tweak and fix up the manufacturing process in some significant way i would believe

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
it probably isn't a definitive thing i believe. I've seen hardware revisions and stuff (like the iPad 2(?)'s with more efficient processors IIRC and Palm tightening up the original Pre's slider after it initially shipped) but I don't think there's a SI unit for that.

probably the "first batch" is gone once they tweak and fix up the manufacturing process in some significant way i would believe

So what you're saying is there's a good chance that the phone due to arrive on my doorstep any minute may also have the gunky home key... :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss