Yes, I personally like the new Apple headphones. The shape fits my ears perfectly and doesn't cause discomfort after an hour unlike all the other brands I tried.

Anyway, I noticed that if I try to make or receive a phone call with these headphones, it makes a loud high pitched buzzing sound. No buzzing sound when playing either streaming music or music transferred to the 928. These headphones worked just fine on calls with my 8x. Has anyone else tried using latest Apple headphones and got the same buzzing sound? Anyone willing to test on their 928 and let me know the results? Need to know if these headphones are incompatible or if I have a bad phone.
    05-28-2013 11:42 AM
    Could be a number of things really, technically iPhones and windows phones use different tech to process call commands from headphones.

My guess is just simple compatability issues, and working on the 8x is probably a fluke.

Then again, it could be a dodgy set of headphones, broken phone, bad headphone port or the call software is broken.

Try the apple device forums and big sites like the verge and engaget.

Sorry i cant be more help.
    05-28-2013 11:49 AM
    I've never had luck using Apple headphones on other devices. Always gave me errors. Even 3rd party 'phones made for iPhone don't work right on other phones for calls.
    05-28-2013 01:54 PM
    I have the same issue with a Nokia Lumia 520 and the latest Apple headphones (with mic). A strange buzz making/receiving calls but okay playing music. Just tried the older type Apple headphones (again with mic) and there's no buzz. How odd?!
    10-31-2013 10:49 AM