I AM IMPRESSED - Move from Android

kuya_wil

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, welcome to WP8! I'm also coming from an S3, and was reluctant in making the switch at first. And I'm very happy I did. It's a much cleaner interface and a refreshing experience overall. The OS may seem simple but its functionality catches you completely by surprise. Of course, there is a learning curve in using this phone but that's what this forum is for, lots of tips and tutorials at your disposal. I've had my 928 since launch and I'm still learning something new everyday.

Congratulations and again welcome!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, welcome to WP8! I'm also coming from an S3, and was reluctant in making the switch at first. And I'm very happy I did. It's a much cleaner interface and a refreshing experience overall. The OS may seem simple but its functionality catches you completely by surprise. Of course, there is a learning curve in using this phone but that's what this forum is for, lots of tips and tutorials at your disposal. I've had my 928 since launch and I'm still learning something new everyday.

Congratulations and again welcome!
Something about you tells me you're a Filipino...then I read that you have a 928...an OFW?
Enough about my mindless mumbling. Welcome! Also, simplicity is key. I can share a photo I took within 15 seconds, and that includes the captions I type and the privacy settings. So, WP is indeed simple. And functional.

Condairy Windham

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Nice insight. I would have to question one thing.. I thought the new camera on the 928 was suppose to surpass all other phones? Its like their main selling point on this phone.. I thought.?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Nice insight. I would have to question one thing.. I thought the new camera on the 928 was suppose to surpass all other phones? Its like their main selling point on this phone.. I thought.?
No. It's not. If you want one, it's the Nokia 808 PureView. Best phone camera ever. Also, pictures made by other smartphones may be more attractive, but this is particularly devoid of post-processing.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am finding that from an aesthetic standpoint, W8 is the best looking OS out there. On a phone, anyway - on a tablet it has a severe multiple personality disorder, in that it wants to be Windows 7 sometimes. Everything is consistent and Just Works, much like iOS. Unlike iOS you get a certain amount of customization, but unlike Android it's constrained so that it never looks disorganized or sloppy. The transitions and animations are classy and elegant. Battery management is first class - I think it's better than iOS, and that's saying something. The battery on the Lumia isn't huge, but it seems to run forever. I think it's as good as my old Razr Maxx. It has become my favorite OS. The only thing lacking are apps but, unlike BB, I am confident they will come.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For all our talk on these forums about WP8, maybe this is the main point. People may have really liked WP7, but WP 8 has got people excited.

All this, AND you got your Mom a Lumia, too!!! Best new user ever......

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of funny, I manage IT teams and from time to time, one of them will come into my office and try to one-up my 928 (They all have Droids). I beat them down every time. We've had functionality duels. We've had speed duels. We've had compatibility duels. I beat them every time. It's almost not fun anymore, ALMOST. ;-)

(The one exception has been WiFi tethering. I don't have the share plan so had to relinquish on that.)

I DO have them wondering about WP though. They are intrigued and that's a start.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Family. The funny thing is when ask me to help them or tell me to find something on their android or iphone the OS feels so "blah" & "clunky" compared to 2 or even 3 year old HTC Arrive with WP 7.8. One on my co-workers ask me to take a pic on her iphone for her, I told her "it's a sin for me to use Apple products". She said "don't worry it's a IPhone 5", I almost told her after I finished the pic "yea and it's still crap".

Traderhorn

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
MeeGo Harmattan.
Swipe UI.
The holy grail of ease-of-use when it comes to Ui
In other words, the N9 experience.

Hi Wandering Traveler, yes N9 is the Holy Grail of phones, Harmattan is the Nokia UI of Meego would have been Meamo 6
and is a unique experience, sadly now abandoned. i have two N9`s brilliant.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a Droid X for the past 3 years. Got my 928 3 days ago and couldn't be happier.

You and me both. My 928 arrived yesterday afternoon and I love it so far. Digging into it and I'm sure I'll have questions for the good folks who frequent this message board....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs