Nokias indifference to Lumia 928

srinivas ketharaju

May 29, 2013
Visit site
After reading about the issues people are having with Nokia's flagship device on the nations largest carrier I am surprised that Nokia hasn't come out with a press release or an update.This is a company which is trying to get back on its feet and i am surprised about their absolute silence.
They seemed to have marketed this device claiming it has the best camera in business...it seems that the xenon flash itself is making the pictures even worse.And I keep reading about the Gunk behind the capacitive buttons.How can a company release a flagship device without even checking that.Dont they test these devices in real life before releasing them?I think a high school student is more careful about his project before turning it in than what Nokia seems to have done.
Then you come across these reps who discourage you to buy the Lumia...constantly pushing you towards the next best wonder the galaxy S4.How could Nokia and MS let this happen.When did google become bigger than MS?Verizon for one doesn't seem to give a fck about its phones to begin with.

And I absolutely see no accessories[ cases ]for the phone.Nokia's response was much tighter with the Lumia 920.I have a feeling that Nokia just wanted to get a phone for verizon and did a half assed job.They are either really dumb or they have a better phone waiting to be announced for ATT very very soon.As someone trying to buy the phone outright from verizon ..all this makes me uncomfortable to spend $$ .I hope i am wrong....for Nokia..for the people who already have this phone.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
They do have 2 phones coming soon. 1st the 925 and then the EOS with a whopping 41MP camera! I'd say these "issues" are software related and will be fixed quite quickly.

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I get pretty poor reception on my 928. Tried a new sim and swapped out for a new 928. No where near as good as my 8x was. I'm pretty disappointed, but the second 928 (the one I have now) does not make as much noise when vibrating. Also, when the volume was up pretty high when on a call, there was a rattle that would come from the earpiece. It's not as bad on the 2nd device.

kclap

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I share the same opinion as the OP, since the 925 was announced, the 928 hasn't been getting much love from anywhere. This kind of feels like the Droid Razr/ Razr Maxx/ HD situation. Sort of. Anyway, I thought this would make an impact like the 920 did but it's already starting to look it's going to be a forgotten device after a couple of months. Or maybe I'm just being a little paranoid because I still have a week to return it.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Tbh, these devices are just stop gaps as opposed to full out flagships. But it is sad that they are having these issues regarding hardware quality...my N8 was the most solid phone EVER!!!

On a side note, my brother and I both have 920s and his vibrates far stronger than mines...his is red and I have yellow. This is also my 3rd yellow one and they all vibrated the same! I can't determine if all the yellow ones were part of a bad batch delivered to my local store or if my brother's phone vibrates abnormally stronger...

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I share the same opinion as the OP, since the 925 was announced, the 928 hasn't been getting much love from anywhere. This kind of feels like the Droid Razr/ Razr Maxx/ HD situation. Sort of. Anyway, I thought this would make an impact like the 920 did but it's already starting to look it's going to be a forgotten device after a couple of months. Or maybe I'm just being a little paranoid because I still have a week to return it.

Well, I have seen more advertising on TV for the Lumia 928 than I have with the Lumia 920.

The phone was JUST released! It takes time to get accessories manufactured. The reviews on Verizon's site are quite positive and the word of mouth for this device, I'd wager, will make it more successful than the Lumia 822 on Verizon. However, I think that Verizon should have released both the White and Black devices at the same time, in store.

srinivas ketharaju

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I played with the 928 for 5 minutes and seem to like the look of wp8.But I am disappointed with Nokia's offering.They could have done much better than that.I have a feeling that Nokia is behaving like its not serious about competing .They seem to be quite satisfied as they seem don't seem to have much competition in the wp8 platform.This attitude might work for Samsung but not for Nokia.We all know what happened to some great players with such attitude in the past.Heck even the once Mighty Iphone is passing through a very critical phase. I have a feeling that crapsung will throw a competitor in the wp8 environment and slowly eat away Nokia's dominance .As I said before...I hope I am wrong ..because i used to like Nokia.

Last edited:

srinivas ketharaju

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have seen more advertising on TV for the Lumia 928 than I have with the Lumia 920.

The phone was JUST released! It takes time to get accessories manufactured. The reviews on Verizon's site are quite positive and the word of mouth for this device, I'd wager, will make it more successful than the Lumia 822 on Verizon. However, I think that Verizon should have released both the White and Black devices at the same time, in store.
we are in an age where accessories are designed/advertised and released even before the product is made available to the public.The accessories for Iphone 5 and the galaxy 4 were pushed into the market at an alarming pace.But the availability of cases is a minor problem .The quality just isn't there.There are customers who went through >5 handsets before settling with one.Its a hard walk for manufacturers on verizon as verizon doesn't care much about the phones it offers.It's in the manufacturers interest to push/support their products.Just imagine the impact a Nokia press release [regarding the issues] would have on the confidence of its customers.All this is again my opinion.I might be wrong.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I played with the 928 for 5 minutes and seem to like the look of wp8.But I am disappointed with Nokia's offering.They could have done much better than that.I have a feeling that Nokia is behaving like its not serious about competing .They seem to be quite satisfied as they seem don't seem to have much competition in the wp8 platform.I have a feeling that crapsung will throw a competitor in the wp8 environment and slowly eat away Nokia's dominance .As I said before...I hope I am wrong ..because i like Nokia.

I'm puzzled as to how you come to this conclusion. No other OEM has HALF as many Windows Phone offerings as Nokia. They have many apps that are exclusive to Nokia, and it seems that collection is expanding all the time.

Nokia is in the fight for their lives to survive right now. I can't take anyone seriously that even considers that Nokia isn't serious about competing.

binthham

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

srinivas ketharaju

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Crapsung already has a WP8 device... I don't see what you are so disappointed with...
I was just stating that i have feeling the 928 will end up as space filler from Nokia......a bone to the hungry verizon customers.I guess I was expecting more[from Nokia],probably because I wanted to buy one at full price.
Samsung has an announcement coming very soon..might be its next wp8 phone.

kclap

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This is partially my point, the phone was just released and held the crown of best WP/Lumia device only up to the time the 925 was announced. If a guy waits for a flagship phone and when he finally gets it, it would be nice to think he has Nokia"s best for a little while longer. And there were more than a few cases available for iPhone 5 before it was even available. I know, apples to oranges.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
we are in an age where accessories are designed/advertised and released even before the product is made available to the public.The accessories for Iphone 5 and the galaxy 4 were pushed into the market at an alarming pace.But the availability of cases is a minor problem .The quality just isn't there.There are customers who went through >5 handsets before settling with one.Its a hard walk for manufacturers on verizon as verizon doesn't care much about the phones it offers.It's in the manufacturers interest to push/support their products.Just imagine the impact a Nokia press release [regarding the issues] would have on the confidence of its customers.All this is again my opinion.I might be wrong.

Those people that have returned their device 5+ times, probably have returned as many of other devices as well. Some people are neurotic about their devices. I know of several people that have multiple returns on iPhone 5's. I returned my Galaxy Note 2 twice. What is your point? Don't like the phone? Fine, we do. Move along.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
After reading about the issues people are having with Nokia's flagship device on the nations largest carrier I am surprised that Nokia hasn't come out with a press release or an update.This is a company which is trying to get back on its feet and i am surprised about their absolute silence.
They seemed to have marketed this device claiming it has the best camera in business...it seems that the xenon flash itself is making the pictures even worse.And I keep reading about the Gunk behind the capacitive buttons.How can a company release a flagship device without even checking that.Dont they test these devices in real life before releasing them?I think a high school student is more careful about his project before turning it in than what Nokia seems to have done.
Then you come across these reps who discourage you to buy the Lumia...constantly pushing you towards the next best wonder the galaxy S4.How could Nokia and MS let this happen.When did google become bigger than MS?Verizon for one doesn't seem to give a fck about its phones to begin with.

And I absolutely see no accessories[ cases ]for the phone.Nokia's response was much tighter with the Lumia 920.I have a feeling that Nokia just wanted to get a phone for verizon and did a half assed job.They are either really dumb or they have a better phone waiting to be announced for ATT very very soon.As someone trying to buy the phone outright from verizon ..all this makes me uncomfortable to spend $$ .I hope i am wrong....for Nokia..for the people who already have this phone.

We (the people who go to forums to post a bunch of stuff/rants/etc), are the minority. "Normal" people, when they have problems or questions, they go directly to Verizon/etc; furthermore, people with bad experience tend to share it more than people ("normal") who are satisfied with their phones. In my humble opinion, this is not as bad/exposed as Apple's Death Grip problem.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Tbh, these devices are just stop gaps as opposed to full out flagships. But it is sad that they are having these issues regarding hardware quality...my N8 was the most solid phone EVER!!!

On a side note, my brother and I both have 920s and his vibrates far stronger than mines...his is red and I have yellow. This is also my 3rd yellow one and they all vibrated the same! I can't determine if all the yellow ones were part of a bad batch delivered to my local store or if my brother's phone vibrates abnormally stronger...

I totally agree with ur statement about the N8. I'm spewing I got rid of it coz that was one of the most solid phones ever built!! Great hardware and software, I hope Nokia can find that balance again....sooner rather than later!!!

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This is partially my point, the phone was just released and held the crown of best WP/Lumia device only up to the time the 925 was announced. If a guy waits for a flagship phone and when he finally gets it, it would be nice to think he has Nokia"s best for a little while longer. And there were more than a few cases available for iPhone 5 before it was even available. I know, apples to oranges.
I believe, for Nokia, 928 > 925. Hence the higher numbering. It's just a matter of perception.
928 definitely has higher specs than 925. (except one less lens element)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786