Quick question about replacing my 928

Carchariax

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this doesn't belong here. My 928 has the weird back light problem that others have been reporting. I want to go exchange it for a new one but I'm not the account holder since I'm till on a family plan. My question is: does the account holder need to be present in order for me to be able to exchange my 928 for a new one, or can I do it myself? Also, does she actually need to be there, or can they call her from the store to verify that everything is ok?

bluetrout

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My experience with this situation is that if you are simply on the account, but not named as a manager or the account holder, you can't do anything. However, if you have the account holder name you as an account manager then you should be OK to make higher level decisions. It takes some doing but it can be done through the VZW website.

Good luck!

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
All you need to do is have the person who is the account holder call the Verizon Customer Service number (I believe they can just dial *611 from their phone) and authorize you on the account as somebody who can make changes. After that, you should be free to make changes to the account at any Verizon Wireless store.

Daniel Sanchez3

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar backlighting issue on the buttons, and also one of my 928's wouldn't turn on (almost as if it was bricked) until I held the power button and down volume key it restarted. If I want to exchange -though bought through NewEgg, do I have to go through Newegg, or can I take into VWZ store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos