For the past years, I have been recording videos and making short documentaries using my Flip Camera and Android phone. Regarding the Android phone, I was able to plug in headphones w/ the microphone, and using the microphone to record quality audio for the videos.

Now that I have made the switch, I have been extremely impressed with the video quality of the camera. However, I have tried three different pairs of headphones with the microphones, and none of them has been detected. I have even tried plugging in an external microphone to no avail. Are there certain head sets that are accepted by the Nokia phones? or does the hardware not allow for external audio recording? I was wondering if this would work. All I want is to be able to record some video clips, with the audio being recorded from a different source other than the microphones already implemented.

Thanks for your time!
    05-29-2013 03:44 PM
    So, you're plugging in headphones that have microphones on them and they're not being recognised by the device? How old are these headphones? It sounds like your headphones are using the older OMTP standard when they need to be using the CDMA standard that all modern phones use.
    07-25-2013 10:13 AM
    hi did you find a solution. i too am looking to record ext mic source into video recordings. but haven't found an answer. are there apps which allow you to select mic sources. ?
    04-01-2015 09:44 AM