The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I picked up a Nokia Lumia 928 on launch day. I exchanged it two days ago due to a few reasons and got a nice new one yesterday. However, within the past 24 hours I've noticed it has shut down and restarted 3 times--including once while I was talking on it. My previous phone also shut down and restarted twice, but I'm worried my new phone has a defect. Have others had this problem? I don't really want to return the phone again for a new one (my 14 days ends tomorrow, by the way), but should I?
    Last edited by coip; 05-29-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    05-29-2013 08:02 PM
    It restarts while you're using it?

My advice: Go get your money's worth and exchange it. If you don't want to take any chances.
    Of course, you might get something even worse.
    05-29-2013 08:12 PM
    My GF's on arrival did nothing but re-boot. Verizon splash, Nokia splash, reboot. Rinse and Repeat.
    05-29-2013 08:34 PM
    It restarts while you're using it?

My advice: Go get your money's worth and exchange it. If you don't want to take any chances.
    Of course, you might get something even worse.
    yes, while I'm using it--and make that 4 times now. And not just playing around on apps, literally I was mid-phone call, the call cut off, I looked down at my screen to see it rebooting. Man, I just exchanged this one and it was an awful experience. I really don't want to go back. I was hoping it was just an anomaly or that a firmware update or something would fix it. Sigh.
    Last edited by coip; 05-30-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    05-29-2013 11:43 PM
    I have noticed in low signal areas on all of the 4G devices I have owned they can reboot. This happened to me on a call with my 928 one time and I was in a low signal area.
    Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
    05-30-2013 05:02 AM
    I have noticed in low signal areas on all of the 4G devices I have owned they can reboot. This happened to me on a call with my 928 one time and I was in a low signal area.
    Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
    I'm in a sizable metropolis blanketed with 4G LTE coverage and my phone has still rebooted 4 times in the past 30 hours.
    05-30-2013 05:05 AM
    You need to get the phone exchanged.
    05-30-2013 05:38 AM
    You need to get the phone exchanged.
    I called Customer Support and they said the same thing and they said "But do it today because today is the last day of your 14-day window. If you do it tomorrow, you may get a refurbished phone, and I want you to get a new one." She was very nice and found the closest store to me, called them for me and told them my situation, and then when I got there (although I still had to wait 30 minutes since they were busy), they allowed me to exchange it no problem once they confirmed with the employee who had spoken to the other customer service rep on the phone that my phone was indeed "DOA". Now, here's to hoping this new phone doesn't have any issues because my 14-day window is just about over. (Fingers crossed).
    05-30-2013 03:17 PM
    I am "glad" to see that Microsoft hasn't done anything considering rebooting, freezing and all other stuff since Lumia 800 came out. No matter how many mails, forum posts,reviews or blog posts have been written, no matter that "whole new experience" with WP8 was announced Windows Phone OS has still the same flaws. So, are you Microsoft or M$, Microsoft?
    06-10-2013 02:56 PM
    One thing I have noticed on the W8 phones (I also have an 8X) is if it can't see the SIM card - like if you take it out - and it's on a charger, you cannot turn it off. It just reboots. Weird. If it's off when you connect it to a charger it stays off. But turn it on and it won't turn off.
    06-11-2013 06:26 AM
    I'm having same problem with my L928. cant tell how many times it restarts per week, but im thinking 4-5 times at least.
    Twice I noticed that it rebooted when i JUST turned on WIFI and in less than 5sec in turned off (this happened once today the other time little while ago)
    Yesterday it restarted while it was charging (in less than two minutes after it was connected)
    You know when you restart your phone the volume stays on 15 (30 is max) same happens when it restarts by itself. so I noticed many times that it was on 15
    which makes me think it rebooted again... Can't tell was this problem present back in July when I bought it, before update (GDR2 im guessing)

ps. I did not buy 1- year warranty when purchased phone from Microsoft store (branch in mall) So do I have Manufacturers warranty (also one year I think) if I want to replace it if the problem will still present after GDR3 update which is about to come out soon?
    10-24-2013 07:59 AM