Stephen Elop replied to my email!!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm just saying it's common sense. The CEO is going to be getting mail all day long. If he answered his mail himself, he'd never have time to be CEO, and would lose the job in a minute. He probably has a staff of highly trusted people to answer his "fan" mail.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Getting lost in a maze is one thing. Getting lost when there is only one path is another. This isn't about Mr. Elop responding himself. It is about recognizing tour customers and valuing them. A response signed by the CEO shows that. As does the follow up to the case. Nokia is a high class, customer support driven company. I think this is excellent and shows why Nokia will still be around years from now.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So last week, my DT-900 stopped working (or, one of the four that I have, that is). I contacted Nokia support, and asked them what the process was. They replied with steps, including that I'd need to include a copy of my receipt. I replied, told them I no longer have a receipt, but that it shouldn't be a problem since the accessory had not yet been out for a year yet (Next Monday, the 11th, will be one year from ATT's launch of WP8 devices), so it isn't possible for the warranty to be expired (even though I didn't get the DT-900 until after I bought my 928, which was on 5/16), so I'll go ahead and send it without a receipt. She replied again, saying that if I send it without a receipt they'll return my DT-900 without doing a repair/replacement. I replied, telling her that there is no reason to reject my claim given that it is impossible for the warranty to be expired, and at the same time I was copying Stephen Elop (*yeah, I know he's no longer the CEO, but still...) to show him the poor customer service that I was receiving, and that as a stockholder (no, I'm not above claiming whatever it will take to get what I have coming) it disturbs me. That last email, with the copy to Elop, was on Tuesday.

Yesterday I got a phone call from Nokia support and within a minute of hanging up the phone, there was a shipping label in my inbox, so I can send back the bad unit, and an assurance that they would replace it. She said I should have the replacement by the weekend, but the way I took it they would ship after I sent the bad unit in, which I forgot to do, so I'll have to do tonight when I get home, too late for today's mailing, so I'm sure I won't have a replacement by the weekend unless I misunderstood and they're just going to send out the replacement without waiting. Either way, I can't complain about that.

It disturbs me that a person has to pull strings (not that I have any real strings to pull) in order to get the service that he deserves. I mean for a device that goes for under $25 online for refurbs, is it really worth disenchanting your customer base by saying you can't honor the warranty without a receipt? How many of you still have receipts for your accessories? I mean, I still have the receipts for my phones, but not for accessories. And when I expressed this to the lady on the phone, SHE even said that she doesn't have accessory receipts, and that she thought it was unreasonable to expect that I should still have it, so she'd make sure I got my DT-900 replaced. Really?? Why can't the left hand talk to the right hand?

I bought NOK stock because I believed in what they are doing, and as of yesterday my investment (small, as it is) hit the milestone of tripling, but man, that doesn't mean I agree with everything they do......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital