Stephen Elop replied to my email!!

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So guys and gals, I have exchanged my phone 6 times and I am currently using phone #7. I have been plagued with various issues, I have a separate thread if you want to find out more: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/228560-should-i-exchange-my-928-again.html

Anyhow, I was fed up and hopmedic (thanks hopmedic!) suggested that I email Stephen Elop and voice my concerns. Well I did and he already responded and escalated my case! Here is the email tree and Elop's response:

RE: Nokia Lumia 928‏

stephen.elop@nokia.com (stephen.elop@nokia.com)

Add to contacts

8:21 PM

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cc: Alf.Noto@nokia.com, Customer.Assist@nokia.com

Picture of stephen.elop@nokia.com

Hello there,

I am sorry that you have encountered these problems. I will ask my team to assist.

Regards,

Stephen

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 23:18
To: Elop Stephen (Nokia/Espoo)
Subject: Nokia Lumia 928

Dear Mr. Elop,

First off, I'm sure you get bombarded with emails, so I understand if you can't respond. But I hope you do as there are many others with my issues and concerns about the newly released Nokia Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless.

I was a diehard Android fan and owned many of their devices over the past 4 years. But I finally got fed up with their fragmentation and slow OS. I was recently introduced to Windows Phone 8 by fellow members of the WPCenteral.com website and forums. I then tried out a WP8 device in a store and I immediately fell in love.

Being on Verizon, I wasn't in love with the phone choices however. Fast forward to when I heard the 928 was coming out and I was ecstatic! It was going to be my first Nokia cell phone and I have heard rave reviews about the build quality of the devices.

Here is where my (and many others) problem comes in. I am currently using phone #7 of the 928 and even this one still has the issues of the other 6 that I returned. Between all of them, the most common problem is some substance behind the backlit Start, Search and Back buttons that show up when the backlight comes on. The buttons looks horrible when lit. Another common issue that I've had on a few of the phones was when the phone vibrates when you get a message, the phone rattles and sounds like it's going to fall apart. Another issue is the casing of the phone having a creaking, clicking and popping sound when you hold it certain ways. All of these are major annoyances to me and don't live up to the Nokia build quality reputation that I heard so much about.

Here is my bottom line....I really LOVE this phone and the OS!! But I can't and don't feel I should keep a phone that simply isn't up to high quality standards. I feel I am running out of options and don't really want to give up on this phone. I just know that if I exchange the phone again, I will get yet another one with some of these problems.

On the other hand, I really don't want to ship it to Nokia and be without a phone for a couple weeks. I would rather get a new phone shipped so I can inspect it first and then ship the defective unit back if the new one checks out OK. I would be willing to put a deposit or hold on my credit card, etc.

Would you please be so kind to consider this and put me in contact with someone where I can make this happen?

Thank you so much for your time and have a great day!

Regards,
John (last name)

And here is the email of my escalated case:

Complaint Escalation <SR 1-XXXXXX> <Esc # 1-XXXXXX> <Your email to Nokia executives – 1-XXXXX>‏

esc-Customer.Support@nokia.com (esc-Customer.Support@nokia.com)

Add to contacts

8:53 PM

To: XXXXXXXXX

Picture of esc-Customer.Support@nokia.com

Escalation #: 1-XXXXX

Hi Mr. (last name),

Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

We have logged your concern and are currently looking into it. Your service request number is 1-XXXXXXX. Please allow us to handle the details of your case, and our local Nokia customer care team will get back to you shortly.

Also, to properly assist you, please provide us with your most convenient callback number. This way, we can forward your concern to the local Nokia Care team.

Regards,

Welson R.

Answers to many of your questions may be located online. Please visit Support - Nokia - USA for your Nokia product support needs.

HornedOwl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Bummer you've had such bad luck getting a perfect phone. This is why I was excited getting a Nokia, I honestly believe they stand by their products.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Amazing how some people get the worst luck. Most will get a perfect first unit and never have an issue and this guy gets 8 bad phones in a row. Something just isn't right.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah - I was happy when I had my 822, as I was one who looked at all the problem threads and wondered where in the world all these problems were coming from. Now I'm on my third 928, and asking them for a fourth. I guess having worked in manufacturing I should realize that the first run of anything is more likely to have problems, but it is disappointing. Hopefully they will make it right.

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea I was thinking of exchanging mine today. For the first time the phone just randomly shut down on me. It has been the only time it has done it so I was kind of iffy.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Just a question to OP (WizeGuyDezignz) : You said your capacitive buttons had a horrible backlight at first. By horrible, what do you mean?
My 620 has a slight purplish backlight. My sister who has a 720 and one my friends having an 820 have perfectly white backlit buttons. I thought that maybe since the 720 and 820 are more expensive, they have better backlights.
So, am I having a problem now?

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a question to OP (WizeGuyDezignz) : You said your capacitive buttons had a horrible backlight at first. By horrible, what do you mean?
My 620 has a slight purplish backlight. My sister who has a 720 and one my friends having an 820 have perfectly white backlit buttons. I thought that maybe since the 720 and 820 are more expensive, they have better backlights.
So, am I having a problem now?

look here

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...me-soft-key-looks-terrible-when-back-lit.html

perfect example of what A LOT of people's phone's look like in some way, shape, or form. both my sister and brother's phones have this but much more minimally than the pic posted here. they didn't even notice it on their's.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Cool that Elop responds, hope OP gets a nice one! You too Hopmedic. I've had two 822s (one red and one white) and now a black 928. The only issue I had was the volume rocker got stuck on the red 822, but Nokia fixed that for free. Otherwise been really lucky I guess, no issues!

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I sent a heartfelt email to him about how I love Lumia. Not bereft by any means, but a somewhat lengthy essay on the merits of their company and products.

He replied, "Thanks for the kind words."

Year made.

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I received the exact same response from the Elop account when I emailed with issues I was having with my 920. They sent me a pair of Monster headphones a few days later.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Guys, don't mean to be a party pooper, but it's not elop who responds.

Someone else is just managing his account.
Really??? NO WAY!! I'm so crushed! I guess I'll go out on I-85 in Atlanta and play in traffic.
</sarcasm>

I received the exact same response from the Elop account when I emailed with issues I was having with my 920. They sent me a pair of Monster headphones a few days later.
Now that would be nice! But I'd really rather have the new car charger...... :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte