Cracked my 928 screen, what are my options

slur88

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sat down last night and my 928 slid out of my pocket onto the tile. 2 foot drop, totally shattered screen.

In addition, this morning i was showing a friend, he tried the camera and the screen was solid green. Both photo and video, front and back, solid green but you could still hear the click when taking a pic. I rebooted it and it seems fine.

What are my best options for a repair/replace? I only had the phone 2 weeks, i bought it through comcast on a verizon contract upgrade and i have no insurance.

help!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Since you have no insurance, the option I would look at is self-repair, but this depends on your abilities. Me, I wouldn't have any qualms at all about taking my phone apart if the screen was cracked, and fixing it myself. But you? That's for you to decide.

Just a quick search brings up these two suppliers, both within $6 of each other.
For Nokia Lumia 928 LCD Screen and Digitizer Glass Assembly
Nokia Lumia 928 LCD Assembly

I do not know the reputation of either supplier (and if you look there are probably more), so do your research before you spend the money.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I have replaced a screen on a phone before, as well as done some soldering on the mainboard of said phone. But I'm also the kind of guy who isn't afraid to disassemble his laptop (and have done so), COMPLETELY.

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sat down last night and my 928 slid out of my pocket onto the tile. 2 foot drop, totally shattered screen.

In addition, this morning i was showing a friend, he tried the camera and the screen was solid green. Both photo and video, front and back, solid green but you could still hear the click when taking a pic. I rebooted it and it seems fine.

What are my best options for a repair/replace? I only had the phone 2 weeks, i bought it through comcast on a verizon contract upgrade and i have no insurance.

help!

U have 30 days after when u purchase the phone to add on insurance.... think about it for a sec

clane493

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
What did you finally decide to do? Have had my 928 just over a month and similar situation, except that both cameras work fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs