The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-05-2016 09:40 PM
34 12
tools
    Has anyone found a way to sync an office outlook calender to an outlook.com calendar?

Here is the deal... I can't attach my personal phone to the company exchange server...I don't want to anyway but I want the calendars to be the same. What I've been doing for a couple of years is to use a google account and the "google calendar sync" PC app (no longer availble or supported) to sync my work calendar and gmail calendar. It syncs every hour and updates both calendars and therefore my phone. I don't have to do anything to make them sync, the app does it automatically. It works great and gets around the IT policy and firewall. It worked on my iphone and so far it seems to be working fine on my N928. The sync app is on barrowed time so I'd like to get rid of the google account completely and do this same syncing with outlook.com. Is it possible?

I've done a lot of searching and have been unable to find a solution so maybe there isn't one. Someone smarter than me should develop and app to make this work with outlook.com.

Thanks.
    Badcard likes this.
    05-31-2013 12:43 PM
    You ever find a solution?
    06-26-2013 08:55 PM
    Nope. Reluctantly...I'm still using a gmail account and the sync app to sync my calendars. I tried to publish the calendar to the net but no luck. <shrug>
    06-26-2013 10:13 PM
    I managed to get the publish option to work, but only if the calendar was public. Publishing a private calendar did not work. I also had to change the update frequency from the default option and added the published calendar to my send/receive groups. Clunky but better than nothing I guess.

There's nothing sensitive in my calendar so publishing it isn't an issue, alternatively you can choose to publish only your free/busy information.

Annoyingly where I work had opened up exchange access for non work phones, buy only for ios. No WP8 or indeed Android love so far... Guess I'm stuck carrying my Blackberry during the week.
    06-26-2013 10:29 PM
    Best part of this is trying to craft the perfect search strings in google or Bing to zero in on this issue without getting a million irrelevant hits. Outlook, sync, outlook.com, exchange, exchange active sync, calendar, google calendar, google calendar sync tool. OMFG
    06-27-2013 12:55 AM
    I managed to get the publish option to work, but only if the calendar was public. Publishing a private calendar did not work. I also had to change the update frequency from the default option and added the published calendar to my send/receive groups. Clunky but better than nothing I guess.

There's nothing sensitive in my calendar so publishing it isn't an issue, alternatively you can choose to publish only your free/busy information.

Annoyingly where I work had opened up exchange access for non work phones, buy only for ios. No WP8 or indeed Android love so far... Guess I'm stuck carrying my Blackberry during the week.
    I might give making it public a try. I don't have anything sensitive in my calendar either...it's just work stuff and minor personal appointments. I do try keep a low and private profile tho do to some DB's in my past. I used to carry a BB for work and a personal phone and when I figured out I could forward email and link the calendars I ditched the BB so I only had to carry one device... thank goodness. Syncing this way and having a dedicated outlook (or gmail) account gets around some of the IT BYOD policies and the corporation having control of a personal device that I pay for. Thanks for info.
    06-27-2013 12:32 PM
    Hey fellas. I have a solution for you guys. Use Microsoft outlook connector.

I put together this video for my team at work. Feel free to check it out. But please do not repost or publish since it was done internally.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tor%202010.mp4
    SherEAlex likes this.
    06-27-2013 04:41 PM
    Nope. Reluctantly...I'm still using a gmail account and the sync app to sync my calendars. I tried to publish the calendar to the net but no luck. <shrug>
    I tried this exact thing and didn't work for me either. I also tried the method of sharing it so that it can auto sync that didn't work. Not sure if that is what you meant (Sharing your calendar vs. publishing.)
    06-27-2013 07:37 PM
    I tried this exact thing and didn't work for me either. I also tried the method of sharing it so that it can auto sync that didn't work. Not sure if that is what you meant (Sharing your calendar vs. publishing.)
    Then you're doing it wrong!
    Read the manual.
    06-27-2013 07:40 PM
    Then you're doing it wrong!
    Read the manual.
    Pretty sure at this point that my company policies are blocking this behavior.
    06-27-2013 08:15 PM
    Pretty sure at this point that my company policies are blocking this behavior.
    Can you access via browser?
    06-27-2013 08:52 PM
    If you have outlook 2013 at work, if you IT will let you, ask them to let them add your outlook.com account and then you can just add you can do drag and drop and the appointments copy over to your outlook.com calendar.

I do this for my work, We use Office 365, and I have it synced to my home computer, cell phone and use the internet version at work since we do not have outlook on the computer.
    06-27-2013 09:11 PM
    In my research I noted that office 2013 had some features that would allow you to add an outlook.com account as rdmbu points out. That would be a great way to go. Sadly, at my work we are on office 2007. Heck, there are only a handfull of desktops that run windows 7. Rest are still on xp.
    06-28-2013 11:05 AM
    In my research I noted that office 2013 had some features that would allow you to add an outlook.com account as rdmbu points out. That would be a great way to go. Sadly, at my work we are on office 2007. Heck, there are only a handfull of desktops that run windows 7. Rest are still on xp.
    I serious said WTF out loud after reading that. Lol. Sorry, just found it funny.
    06-30-2013 04:09 PM
    I had 3 different calendars on Google and added them to Outlook by subscribing to them.
    1) Go online to Google Calendar and find the calendar you want on the left side towards the bottom, click the arrow and select calendar settings.
    screenshot-2-.png

2) Click on the green "ICAL" icon in the "Calendar Addresses" area.
    screenshot-3-.png

3) Copy the link that pops up.
    screenshot-4-.png

4) On you Outlook calendar click "Import".
    screenshot-6-.png

5) Choose subscribe and enter the URL from the link you copied in the appropriate box.
    screenshot-8-.png

That's what worked for me anyways. So now when the Outlook calendar syncs it reads the Google calendar data and updates, as long as the Google calendar is synced too. Hope it works!
    Last edited by jimmiet; 06-30-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Alignment sucked
    rdubmu likes this.
    06-30-2013 04:32 PM
    I had 3 different calendars on Google and added them to Outlook by subscribing to them... So now when the Outlook calendar syncs it reads the Google calendar data and updates, as long as the Google calendar is synced too. Hope it works!
    So how are you syncing any (or all) of these calendars with an Exchange calendar? I think the crux of the OP's problem is that the "google calendar sync" PC app he is using to sync Google and Exchange calendars is no longer supported or available.
    07-01-2013 02:15 PM
    Yes the google sync app is no longer supported so it's on borrowed time. I only need one calender and just need to link my office outlook to my phone without the IT policy issues. If I was just on Office 2013 I think it would be easy. Oh well.... Plus I'm trying to get away from google... which is not as easy as I hoped.
    07-02-2013 11:13 AM
    Yes the google sync app is no longer supported so it's on borrowed time. I only need one calender and just need to link my office outlook to my phone without the IT policy issues. If I was just on Office 2013 I think it would be easy. Oh well.... Plus I'm trying to get away from google... which is not as easy as I hoped.
    I was under the impression that his Google calendar was syncing info. from his Exchange calendar, and he was trying to get it to his Outlook calendar (if that makes sense lol). Everything I did was on the actual web and not using any apps. That way the information is synced Exchange Calendar ---> Google Calendar ---> Outlook Calendar ---> Phone. Maybe it won't work that way with Exchange, like I said, I don't know Exchange very well. I was just trying to help as this was the only way I could get things already synced from Google to Outlook correctly.
    07-04-2013 01:33 PM
    I had 3 different calendars on Google and added them to Outlook by subscribing to them.
    1) Go online to Google Calendar and find the calendar you want on the left side towards the bottom, click the arrow and select calendar settings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	17 
Size:	310.7 KB 
ID:	36641

2) Click on the green "ICAL" icon in the "Calendar Addresses" area.

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	9 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	36642

3) Copy the link that pops up.

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	36643

4) On you Outlook calendar click "Import".

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	14 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	36644

5) Choose subscribe and enter the URL from the link you copied in the appropriate box.

Name:	Screenshot (8).png 
Views:	8 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	36645

That's what worked for me anyways. So now when the Outlook calendar syncs it reads the Google calendar data and updates, as long as the Google calendar is synced too. Hope it works!
    Is this a one way sync, or will it sync both ways?
    07-04-2013 09:35 PM
    Is this a one way sync, or will it sync both ways?
    One way, I THINK, because you are subscribing to the Google calendar and getting your info. from there. I could be wrong though. Never really change anything on my calendar.
    07-05-2013 02:54 AM
    One way, I THINK, because you are subscribing to the Google calendar and getting your info. from there. I could be wrong though. Never really change anything on my calendar.
    Thanks! I will have to look into this then.
    jimmiet likes this.
    07-07-2013 10:31 AM
    Thank you for the great video, Lucas. I got everything to work until the Send/Receive and the my @outlook.com work calendar should sync with the Outlook.com calendar. The Inbox works fine...receiving, sending, syncing with the phone. The process just grinds there awhile and then gives me a "limited connectivity" error. I doesn't make sense to me that the inbox works but not the calendar.

Hope you have another thought for me. :)
    09-07-2013 10:14 PM
    Lucas- thanks for the video, but I have a question please:
    do you know of a way to live, continuous sync between the main outlook calendar, and the live.com calendar ?
    since the outlook main calendar, in my scenario, is our exchange mailbox calendar, that's synced with our CRM, phone etc- I can't just remove it and move sync it anymore.

I've been looking for a few hours now for a simple way to post my free/busy of my exchange mailbox calendar to the internet, and found that the simplest way is probably to sync my exchange calendar with outlook.com (or live.com) calendar, and share the free/busy of the online calendar.

any ideas ?
    thanks !
    09-24-2013 01:12 AM
    I have been unable to find any way to sync an Outlook Exchange calendar and contact list to my Windows Live mail account. I know I can add a connector and see those folders in my Outlook client and copy items to those folders, but that isn't syncing. This isn't a Windows phone question, per se, although I have one, but is there a way to configure my Windows Live account to connect to my company's Exchange server in the same way that I have that set up between my Android phone and Exchange? That way, I would have my contacts/calendar items showing up in my Windows 8 tablet, Windows phone, as well as my Android phone.
    10-03-2013 04:15 PM
    I just have my outlook.com set up in outlook 2013, it syncs fine with all my devices

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    03-08-2014 09:47 PM
34 12