just got my 928 not sure i am going to keep it.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved.
Don't buy this case especially if you are left handed.
Glossy Black Hard TPU Gel Skin Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 928 Verizon | eBay

Apparently when I put this case on my phone the case does fit nicely but it hits the buttons to much, presses them down a bit which is causing the camera to be easy enabled. When I took off the case, problem went away, yes my finger does rest on the camera button, but it does not enable the camera without a continuous press.

I need to find another case or I guess I can cut out around the buttons on the case so my fingers come in direct contact with the buttons

I have the same case in blue.

I'm right handed and hold the phone with my left hand.

Did you try setting those settings?

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the same case in blue.

I'm right handed and hold the phone with my left hand.

Did you try setting those settings?

It's probably the case. Those cheap chinese ones arent all the same, pretty high chance of getting one with a problem. Shoot the seller an email and tell him the case is dodgy, they should give you a refund without having to send the case back (they did for me).

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
what is the best case for the 928 that is available. I have not seen any except like the one i purchased that I am not using anymore.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You have to right swipe once you're in settings to get to the applications header, then scroll down to photos+camera

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I had basically the same case on my Rezound and it really sucked using the buttons. I wanted a case the same day i got my phone and got this case from verizon and love it. No trouble with my buttons at all, including the camera. I love that a bit of a press on the camera button wakes it and you can take a pic quickly. The only downside is that I paid the full $19.95 price for it and I see ebay has it for under $6. I don't care, I'm happy and got instant gratification!

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with a similar case (lumia 900) where the case buttons covered the phone buttons. After about 6 months of use the camera started going on and taking pictures with the lightest of touches to the button side of the case -- and i mean 'light'

I ended up cutting out the camera button section and I no longer have that issue.

My wife has a case where the button area of the case are just holes exposing the buttons and it takes a bit of effort to get to them , so no accidental activation.

vince3757

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
ive got an 8x in black for verizon the camera button doesnt have any problems lmk if you wanna trade I like the look of the 928 and the 8x is too thin for me to use

Dwebs

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys, it's the 928, the button is VERY sensitive. Both my wife and I have them and we are constantly taking photos when on calls. You barely need to press the button to launch the camera and same to take a photo. It does not matter what settings you choose, it always launches. Noikia needs to allow you to disable the button or at least disable the camera while using the phone app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett