just got my 928 not sure i am going to keep it.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Been using the phone for 3 days now, works great except one thing. I keep by accident activate the camera, yeah it's a great camera but I can't stand where Nokia placed the camera button and I wish there was a way to just disable it.
Not sure what to do. I live in a very rural area and there are no Verizon stores to check out other options.
I know the HTC 8X is older now, and has less memory, but would I have the same issue with constantly turning on the camera?

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's weird, I haven't had that problem once.

This is happening in your pocket, when the screen is off? You can disable the camera button from unlocking the phone.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Been using the phone for 3 days now, works great except one thing. I keep by accident activate the camera, yeah it's a great camera but I can't stand where Nokia placed the camera button and I wish there was a way to just disable it.
Not sure what to do. I live in a very rural area and there are no Verizon stores to check out other options.
I know the HTC 8X is older now, and has less memory, but would I have the same issue with constantly turning on the camera?

Under Settings, Applications, Photos+Camera, there are settings there to do what you are looking for. Good luck!

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I am coming from an HTC Trophy and the camera button is on the bottom right.
So no it's not going off in my pocket, it's when I am using the phone the camera button seems very sensitive so I am taking pictures while talking and holding the phone.
So I assume there is no way to disable the camera button?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have owned 3 windows devices with the camera button in the same place with no accidental shots taken. Is you device locked when this happens?
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from an HTC Trophy and the camera button is on the bottom right.
So no it's not going off in my pocket, it's when I am using the phone the camera button seems very sensitive so I am taking pictures while talking and holding the phone.
So I assume there is no way to disable the camera button?
Under Settings > Camera settings, there is option to 'prevent accidental use of camera button'

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Like the others have said, I have never had this happen. If the settings change doesnt work for you maybe you should exchange the phone. Maybe the button on yours has a probem.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
>"Under Settings > Camera settings, there is option to 'prevent accidental use of camera button'

I don't even see this option on my 928

All I have is "photos-photos+camera settings. There is no where that I can see to disable the camera button.
Again the problem I have is when the phone is not locked, if I am not careful how I hold the phone it is quite easy to hit the camera button

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you are squeezing the phone too tightly, it seems, and may end up breaking it with that death grip. Do you hold the phone with your left or right hand when talking? I could see this happening with the left...you'll just have to adapt to the phone's ergonomics.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I never understand this penchant to keep a smart phone is your back pocket like a wallet. Maybe I'm old school to keep my phone in a holster on my hip, away from pocket change, pocket knife, keys and other enemies of the phones finish. This way I never come into contact with my phone unless and until I need it. Anything else you're asking for trouble.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I keep my phone in my left pocket with NOTHING else. I've done this for years, and never had a problem with scratches/ accidental button pushes.

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings, slide over to Applications and then Photos+camera. You can then check the box next to prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you are squeezing the phone too tightly, it seems, and may end up breaking it with that death grip. Do you hold the phone with your left or right hand when talking? I could see this happening with the left...you'll just have to adapt to the phone's ergonomics.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

That's it, that's he problem I am left handed and do hold the phone with my left hand, no death grip.
When i hold the 928 with my left hand all my fingers have to be placed just right or I hit the power button or even worse the camera button.

Figures this phone was designed for right handlers

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings, slide over to Applications and then Photos+camera. You can then check the box next to prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
My problem is when the phone is unlocked

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
>"Under Settings > Camera settings, there is option to 'prevent accidental use of camera button'

I don't even see this option on my 928

All I have is "photos-photos+camera settings. There is no where that I can see to disable the camera button.
Again the problem I have is when the phone is not locked, if I am not careful how I hold the phone it is quite easy to hit the camera button

Settings/swipe right to [applications] / photos+camera/ ...
temporary_zps1abd3440.png

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That's it, that's he problem I am left handed and do hold the phone with my left hand, no death grip.
When i hold the 928 with my left hand all my fingers have to be placed just right or I hit the power button or even worse the camera button.

Figures this phone was designed for right handlers

I only hold my phone with my left hand. While i will touch the buttons, they never press down unless i grip it hard. The buttons take a bit of force to press.

Also, the camera takes a press and hold.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved.
Don't buy this case especially if you are left handed.
Glossy Black Hard TPU Gel Skin Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 928 Verizon | eBay

Apparently when I put this case on my phone the case does fit nicely but it hits the buttons to much, presses them down a bit which is causing the camera to be easy enabled. When I took off the case, problem went away, yes my finger does rest on the camera button, but it does not enable the camera without a continuous press.

I need to find another case or I guess I can cut out around the buttons on the case so my fingers come in direct contact with the buttons

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo