Lumia 928 - Third Party Apps Won't Open

Gallo991

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
So I excitedly opened up new Lumia 928 just to find out that all third party apps won't open. Let me explain. Any apps not built into the phone by Microsoft (e.g. Text Messaging, Calendar, Internet Explorer, Mail, etc...) open up just fine. ALL other apps (either already on the phone, or downloaded from the app store) do not open. When you click on the tile, the app's splash screen comes up and that's it. The splash screen just sits there and nothing happens. The only way out is hitting the Windows key (which, by the way, looks like crap just as the other posts pointed out with the weird "globby" look under it when it lights up - come on Nokia, you're better than this! This is supposed to be your flagship phone!!).

Has anyone else encountered this? I brought mine to the Verizon store and I had a few of the employees stumped. They never saw that happen on a Windows phone before.

As an FYI - yes I've tried factory reset and all that jazz, with the same exact effect.

Thoughts??

Gallo991

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's actually what I ended up doing. I was reading that it is possibly some bad internal memory where apps can't address the memory correctly. Just got off the phone with Amazon and they were really helpful with the return. And now the wait for a replacement begins lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs