Kind of confused I was going to get it with the device payment plan and wasn't going to worry about it but after they told me I qualified for it on the phone then I went to the store they told me I didn't now im kinda exploring other options..

I was surprised when I called the customer service and they gave me all kind of options

1. They told me I can add a line, activate the 928 on the new line and switch it over to my line, then put a basic phone on there and I could suspend it without billing for 180 days within 12 months (altho that adds on to the contract)

2. I can do the above but with the basic phone, they have some cheap legacy plan for like 200 mins a month which would only be around $13 a month extra on my bill because my employee discount

3. I can add a line and find someone who wants a line, and do the "Assumption of Liability" (never heard of this) where I could find someone who wants service and they'd get a credit check and see if they need a deposit for their own line and would have the line completely taken off my social/account and placed on theres...

4. Theres a Best Buy Black Market or something that sells overstocked phones for cheap online ...although I wasn't able to find any info on that

5. Ebay/Amazon full retail being cheaper than Verizon

so they pretty much gave me a lot of options I was impressed with im leaning towards one of the first 2 options pretty soon I really jus didn't like the idea of havin another contracted line on my account but for $13 extra a month its no big deal honestly.

anybody else in the same boat as me? kinda glad I have to go through this now gives me a little more reason to wait til fathers day when more limited edition colors and possibly a sale is expected...Whats funny is I have a upgrade but im tempted to pull the trigger and get the phone going on tiered data..i got a lot of thinking to do on that tho.

What route did u guys end up going to keep your Unlimited Data?
    06-01-2013 08:23 AM
    Paid full retail at the Verizon store.
    06-01-2013 09:25 AM
    I know that everyone really wants to keep their unlimited data plan but something that has to be considered is how much data you actually consume on a monthly basis. When I looked back on my plan I only once went over 2GBs and I had Data on all the time. Keep in mind I am mostly on wifi throughout the day. But based on the information that you gave above it would be cheaper in the long run if you don't really use that much data to get 2GB plan and if you go over that allotment a month it is only 10 dollars more per Gigabyte. So to get an extra line to just keep unlimited may not be the best route for you if you don't use that much to begin with as you will be spending money that you didn't have to. Just my 2 Cents. I was upset about losing unlimited too but for what I use data for I wasn't really losing much.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    06-01-2013 09:34 AM
    I've thought about this as well. I'm going to take a wait and see approach now that I can leave WiFi up and running all the time, I want to see how my usage changes. Once I have a few months of data to look at, I'll make a decision and go to the share all plan with my daughter or keep the unlimited.
    06-01-2013 09:38 AM
    I know that everyone really wants to keep their unlimited data plan but something that has to be considered is how much data you actually consume on a monthly basis. When I looked back on my plan I only once went over 2GBs and I had Data on all the time. Keep in mind I am mostly on wifi throughout the day. But based on the information that you gave above it would be cheaper in the long run if you don't really use that much data to get 2GB plan and if you go over that allotment a month it is only 10 dollars more per Gigabyte. So to get an extra line to just keep unlimited may not be the best route for you if you don't use that much to begin with as you will be spending money that you didn't have to. Just my 2 Cents. I was upset about losing unlimited too but for what I use data for I wasn't really losing much.
    yea but see I went from roughly 2gb to 7gb this month altho I used the tether hack on my trophy this month, I vary because sometimes I may stay home a lot (around wifi) and I have other months where ill may not be home or may be working more and not around wifi so my usage may go higher this is what im worried about. So are you saying if u go over ur data allotment if u go over a extra gig that's only 10 bucks overage charges? or its $10 more for a higher gb data package?

how is it cheaper to go to the tiered data? A rep I spoke with that was trying to convince me to switch was saying the price different from my unlimited data to tiered data was the same? I have the 900 mins/unlimited data plan if I remember correctly that's the 79.99 plus the 29.99 for the data
    06-01-2013 09:50 AM
    I have been watching over the last 4 months. I use from 4-8gb a month (Used less than 1gb every month on 3G but, LTE is so fast in my area(work and home) I hate to use my Wi-Fi). So, yes, it's worth it in the long run to buy a phone without a contract to keep my unlimited data.

Besides, if I got a 2gb plan, I would have to watch everything I do, and sometimes say, I can't watch that video because I might go over my limits. With how I am now, I watch what I want, when I want, with no worries about limits. I want to be able to control my usage, Not Verizon.

Maybe it's me, but, the $450ish for the phone is worth it just for the piece of mind. I understand your points but, everyone uses their phone differently so its common for users to use more or less data. If you don't need it, then all the power too you. I just to pay the same amount a month like you do but, don't have to worry about limits and that is worth it to me.
    06-01-2013 11:28 AM
    Well howdy folks, here's my first post! I got my 928 over the phone. I tried to order it online from Verizon, and yes I bought it outright to keep my unlimited data, I could only get a white one and no way did I want that. So I had to call in. I did get them to ship overnight due to past issues. So I've not even had it 24 hours, but I stayed in last night and messed with it till I ran the fully charged battery down. So far I've used 2 %. Had it been the Rez, it would have been down 10% by now. I've been usiing android phones since the Thunderbolt came out, had 3 of them, then 3 Rezounds. Never wanted a crapple, so here I am making a bold leap into an OS I know nothing about. I've been reading this forum and others before I decided to get the 928 over other windows phones. So far, I'm loving it and it seems like I have a good one! I have so much to learn, but I know that the folks on forums are very helpful. I do plan on reading the pdf as I'm on vacation and have extra time. One of the things I'm most ipressed with is speach for text, etc. I had to constantly correct on my Rezound. I love having a camera button that comes on with the phone off and speaking about buttons, I've seen complaints, but they're really fine. The Rezound buttons really sucked, so to me these are an improvement! Another thing I'm liking is that I used it a lot is that after downloading apps and using it constantly it didn't get hot! Unbelievable to me after androids as they get hot easily. One thing I haven't noticed mentioned is that if you buy your phone outright, you get put on a month to month rather than a 2 yr contract. To me that alone is worth the price of the phone!
    Y'all have a great weekend!
    06-01-2013 12:38 PM
    I have been watching over the last 4 months. I use from 4-8gb a month (Used less than 1gb every month on 3G but, LTE is so fast in my area(work and home) I hate to use my Wi-Fi). So, yes, it's worth it in the long run to buy a phone without a contract to keep my unlimited data.

Besides, if I got a 2gb plan, I would have to watch everything I do, and sometimes say, I can't watch that video because I might go over my limits. With how I am now, I watch what I want, when I want, with no worries about limits. I want to be able to control my usage, Not Verizon.

Maybe it's me, but, the $450ish for the phone is worth it just for the piece of mind. I understand your points but, everyone uses their phone differently so its common for users to use more or less data. If you don't need it, then all the power too you. I just to pay the same amount a month like you do but, don't have to worry about limits and that is worth it to me.
    I here ya DavidinCT... I'm in CT too... but anyways I was just saying that everyone's usage is different. I am not really in situations often where I want to stream movies through my phone so even with unlimited I really wasn't using much. I totally understand where you are coming from.... If I used that much data I wouldn't want to lose unlimited either. Everyone just needs to take it into account how much data they actually use and if losing it is really that big a deal or not.

I also look at it this way. Since I ended up getting the phone for free, I have 450 dollars worth of data to use if I go over. I also have dough from the previous phone that I sold on ebay. So not really worried about it too much. Also now that I don't leave data on all the time I am getting crazy battery life out of this phone. Not at all bashing anyone that is trying to keep their unlimited... just putting a different look on things.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-01-2013 05:08 PM
    most likely its lookin like im gonna end up adding a line to keep my unlimited data, what im thinkin is wait til the fathers day rolls around and see if they drop it to free after mail in rebate for that week/weekend with a contract and some new colors i might just do that and put a basic phone on the added line
    06-01-2013 05:54 PM
    In my opinion, that unlimited data is worth the price in gold right now. I love the fact that I can use my phone and I do not have to worry. It doesn't take much to blow through 2GB of data. Also, for me if I was to get switched to a shared data plan, I would be paying $80 more than I pay now for less service.

To keep your unlimited, you basically have 2 options. You pay full retail price or the other option is as the customer service rep stated to Deadwrong03. That option requires you to have a second line on your account that is a basic phone. In my opinion the cost of 9.99 for a second line, even if you dont use it is well worth it for unlimited data.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    06-01-2013 10:13 PM
    So I just checked and I had the phone since release day and here are my DataSense stats:
    Overview:
    Cellular: 4.1GB
    WiF: 3.6GB

Did I mention I got this release day? Of the Cellular, 2.4GB is Streaming media alone. I'm kinda surprised by that actually. I would have thought it would be less on Cellular and more on WiFi.

Just sharing my experiences. Your mileage may vary.
    06-03-2013 11:10 PM
    it seems like on the tiered data plans u come off a little bit cheaper, I was quoted for my bill being roughly $114 with 8gb of data if I needed that much data I have a company discount, its actually not that bad, and if I converted to the shared data plan with 4gbs of data for 2 lines it would be $133 roughly... I just got the discount added and I was payin $139 for one line with unlimited and 900 mins before the discounts...I probably would only need no more than 2-4 gbs regularly

I roughly use 2gbs a month im at 9gbs now only because I have the tether hack enabled on my htc trophy lol I tethered maybe 2 whole days and went up a gig a day.
    06-03-2013 11:23 PM