I was a long time iPhone user and switched to the Nokia Lumia 928 on the day they came out. I had an initial problem and one of the posters here suggested that I let them know what I decided, if I was going to keep it or not. Well, my 14 days have passed and I still have the Lumia. My initial problem was with voicemail emails that I receive in .wav format which don't play on the Lumia. It's kind of a big deal because I do tech support and this is how I'm sometimes contacted. After some inquiry I came to find out there was no way to play them. The only way was to forward them to the website Voicemail Conversions: - Home. This works well enough that I could continue with the Lumia. Kudos to the guy who runs the site! I think he is a poster here too.

So what do I like and what do I not like about the device? I'll start with the negatives because there really aren't that many. First would of course be the .wav playback. I'm hoping that will be addressed by Microsoft at some point. My second pet peeve is the "other" storage issue. I didn't realize this until recently. Luckily I got the 928 and have a lot of storage space. I feel for those who have a lot less storage space on their phones. I also don't like the fact that I can't make a recurring event for every other week in the calendar (Unless someone knows of a way that I haven't run across yet). I guess my biggest complaint would be then the fact that Microsoft takes so long to fix things. Since WP8 has been out for 6 months and these issues haven't been fixed yet is quite a red flag to me. iPhone had issues too but they always seemed to be addressed in a timely matter. I don't know that I can recommend to anyone at this point to buy a Windows Phone when I don't know if the bugs in the phone will ever be taken care of by Microsoft. I hear that there are a couple updates coming this year and a big one next. I will have to wait and see what those updates bring.

Now for the things I like! I think Nokia has done a pretty amazing job with not only the hardware but the software they are putting out for the phone. The camera is fantastic for most of the shots that I normally take with a phone. There are plenty of camera and editing apps to do everything I need. The integration with Skydrive is wonderful. Being able to create notes in OneNote on Skydrive and for them to be automatically synced to the phone is great. I have found apps to replace everything I did on the iPhone and then some. My poor iPad has suddenly felt left out as I tend to use my Lumia more and more for the times I had used the iPad in the past. The OS is so fast and smooth to use. Browsing the web is a joy in comparison to past phones I've used. Today I used Here City Lens for the first time when I was out and about looking for a restaurant. From the backseat my daughter was saying "that is soooo cool!". I am also encouraged to have seen that it will already support the new Verizon spectrum coming out later in the year. The best thing though is when I hear a email chime I don't have to look around to see half the people in the room looking to see if it was their iPhone that received the email or not.
    MDak280, James8561 and jleebiker like this.
    06-01-2013 09:11 PM
    Me too on the calendar issue. I just add those type appt.'s on my PC or enter individually. Can be inconvenient.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-01-2013 09:41 PM
    Glad you like it and welcome!
    06-01-2013 10:15 PM
    I also don't like the fact that I can't make a recurring event for every other week in the calendar (Unless someone knows of a way that I haven't run across yet).
    I have recurring meetings with people every other week. I put them in my Outlook calendar and they are always sync'd correctly. I think ths might be one of those things you just have to do from a PC.
    06-03-2013 11:51 AM