How are sales at Verizon so far?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I know that the 822 was a surprisingly strong seller. I was wondering if honestabe, tc or macphisto had any insight on how the phone is doing?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to the rep at my local store and they are very surprised on how well the 928 is selling. She told me they sold out the first week and having a hard time keeping in stock, plus there are a lot of Apple users coming to windows. She noted that the camera and size are the two big selling points. I have several friends that used mine that are getting one as soon as their contract is up so it look like the 928 is a hit!

eth3rton

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I just jumped ship from the iPhone5 to the 928. Loving it so far! Just need a nice case for it - paranoid about dropping it.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to the rep at my local store and they are very surprised on how well the 928 is selling. She told me they sold out the first week and having a hard time keeping in stock, plus there are a lot of Apple users coming to windows. She noted that the camera and size are the two big selling points. I have several friends that used mine that are getting one as soon as their contract is up so it look like the 928 is a hit!
Not so in Tallahassee. Went to Verizon store and rep said that he thought they had sold one. I would likely be the 2nd. Of course he didn't know anything about the phone. Just ordered mine from Amazon for $49 and can't wait to get it.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
At the risk of being attacked for merely stating a fact, on bestbuy.com the Lumia 928 ranks 33rd in sales out of a total of 73 Verizon devices. It is getting slaughtered by iPhone and Android there. Is this indicative of all of Verizon sales? I don't know, so take it for whatever you want it to be. The good news, though, is that it seems to be climbing.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At the risk of being attacked for merely stating a fact, on bestbuy.com the Lumia 928 ranks 33rd in sales out of a total of 73 Verizon devices. It is getting slaughtered by iPhone and Android there. Is this indicative of all of Verizon sales? I don't know, so take it for whatever you want it to be. The good news, though, is that it seems to be climbing.

I don't think you should be slaughtered for stating this. It doesn't really surprise me that the 928 is not on top - after all, most of America still doesn't have a clue what Windows Phone is. They see all their friends with their robotic and fruity phones, so they know that when they walk in the store. Personally, seeing it better than the top 50% makes me feel good.

It's a matter of perspective. But being in the top 50% means the glass is more than half full. :wink:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to get Amazon to report their numbers? All I can see are the relative rankings per carrier and not the actual numbers.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

well to know how indicative it is, one would need to know how big of a percentage of vzw sales at best buy mobile accounts for total vzw sales. you aren't being attacked bc you brought up a point without being a negative troll who seems to have nothing else better to do than make condescending posts. your post was not condescending nor did it seem as though it was made to purposely stir up the emotions of others by coming across as an arrogant and rude elitest.

Daniel Sanchez3

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I jumped ship last week from Android to the 928. From Sprint to Verizon for this phone.....Same here my wife and I are loving it. First time ever I heard my wife come to me excited that she was able to figure something out on her own without needing my help while customizing her home screen. Every day she comes to me with something new she learned...Like downloading offline music from Nokia Music instead of streaming it to waste data.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys, now I know not everyone pays attention to this, but if you go to a Verizon 'authorized' reseller, they are most likely NOT corporate. What does that mean? Well, most Verizon stores that you may see are not official Verizon stores and do not get corporate training. I went to pick up a 928 for a family member and accidentally went to an 'authorized' reseller. Needless to say, they were definitely NOT part of the official authorized corporate Verizon store. The guy I ended up speaking to was a total dirtbag, excuse my language. He was insistent that the reason 'we don't carry those things', he referring to Windows Phones, was because they are absolute trash and useless. I asked for some reasoning on his unfounded, ignorant opinion and he simply said they are no good, they don't have any apps, and are extremely buggy and laggy. "All around, he continued, "the few things Windows Phones do, they do 'terribly'". He also called the Lumia the "Lumina" several times. -.- While I was totally level headed about the whole thing, I could have smacked a b****. He told me that if I was 'in the business', I would understand that Windows Phones shouldn't be sold due to how poorly they operate compared to the superior Galaxy phones. One of the things that killed me was the fact that he said he hasn't sold maybe more than a half dozen of Windows Phones since he opened the store a year ago... Maybe it's because you get unfairly assaulted by this associate when you enter the store and that the phone you are looking to buy isn't carried, displayed, or discouraged from purchase. Moral of the story, go to a branch location. I went to a corporate store a couple miles further away and was greeted, shown to the Windows Phone demonstration area where the associate bragged that his favorite phones run Windows Phone and he has a personal employee edition 8x and a company 928 that he loves dearly. He also told me they were trained extensively on how to sell Windows Phones, how great they are, and to push them when possible. That and they have sold quite a few Windows Phones at the store recently. My outlook on sales is positive, if looked at in terms of Verizon corporate satellite stores and not just the 'authorized' resellers.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
how do u know if a store is official or authorized?

There is a store locator on the Verizon Wireless site. I believe they include only corporate owned stores when the search results are shown. I went to a non-corporate owned store as well and they were clueless. They were actually clueless about everything not just windows phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss