How are sales at Verizon so far?

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ditto the last comment. If it's a building or a store in the mall, it must say, noticeably, "Authorized Reseller." If the store is a kiosk, it will have it on their signage. I tend to avoid them like the plague. The store I went to for my 822 activation (needed a SIM card) was a corporate one, and this is where I saw the sales guy giving a couple a nice run down on the Windows Phones (this was back a couple months ago when the 822 and the 8X were all that was out). Verizon should really get a better handle on the "Authorized" stores because most people don't know the difference, and the Verizon placard is large and proud, thus making customers associate the experience with Verizon. That's not good for your brand.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I went into my local store and the manager had the Lumia 928. He likes it and it may had help set the tone of the place with the WP8 phones being prominent in the store.

Ryano89

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I briefly worked at a Sprint "Authorized Seller" several years ago. It was nearly as awful for me as it is for the customer, you get no training, and are not authorized to help with certain problems that the customer has. Most people do not realize that you do not work directly for the carrier and it can be very frustrating for all involved. Avoid these places like the plague, unless you know exactly what you want and are willing to put up with some crap to get it.

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on Memorial Day at a Microsoft store. I dealt with the assistant manager. I asked how many 928's had been sold and he said "a couple". I guess I was number 3.
If you live near a Microsoft store, you should definitely get your phone there. The most friendly and knowledgeable people you will find. And, they give you the best deal on the phone. Best price, best trade-in prices by far, best warranty, Bing Challenge credit and extra SkyDrive storage. But, they only sell it in white, which has really grown on me over the past week.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got mine on Memorial Day at a Microsoft store. I dealt with the assistant manager. I asked how many 928's had been sold and he said "a couple". I guess I was number 3.
If you live near a Microsoft store, you should definitely get your phone there. The most friendly and knowledgeable people you will find. And, they give you the best deal on the phone. Best price, best trade-in prices by far, best warranty, Bing Challenge credit and extra SkyDrive storage. But, they only sell it in white, which has really grown on me over the past week.

Extra SkyDrive storage??? They didn't say anything to me about that....

krycek1984

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My purchasing experience and store set up is superior to the experience we had at att when partner got his 920. Truth be told the entire Verizon experience is better but that's another story!

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Extra SkyDrive storage??? They didn't say anything to me about that....

You may have to ask them for it. You get a Microsoft booklet that has free codes for extras such as Skype service, magazines and 3GB of additional storage on SkyDrive. You just go to your SkyDrive account and enter the code and you now have 10GB of free storage.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder how well the sales figures would improve if they'd at least advertise it a little. To this point, I think I've only seen one ad for the 928 and it wasn't on tv either, but rather a billboard.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just wonder how well the sales figures would improve if they'd at least advertise it a little. To this point, I think I've only seen one ad for the 928 and it wasn't on tv either, but rather a billboard.

I think it must depend on area... I live in the Chicago suburbs and have seen at least 6 ads for the 928 on TV. I've read about a lot of people seeing them frequently too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
According to Canacord, the 928 was the number 3 selling handset for Verizon in May, right behind the iPhone 5 and S4. Certainly give credence to the strong sales rumor. Will be interesting to see just how many phones are sold, which will take some guess work off the percentages when Nokia releases total Lumia sales numbers and the share by phone charts hit the net. Considering how large the customer base is for VZW, being in third place must mean a large number of units being moved.

McSlappy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
At the risk of being attacked for merely stating a fact, on bestbuy.com the Lumia 928 ranks 33rd in sales out of a total of 73 Verizon devices. It is getting slaughtered by iPhone and Android there. Is this indicative of all of Verizon sales? I don't know, so take it for whatever you want it to be. The good news, though, is that it seems to be climbing.

I purchased mine on release day from a Microsoft store because nobody had it. Since then my friend has been trying to get it from Best Buy to use his Reward Zone points to get it for free. However Best Buy doesn't have it in the local stores, they never have. Nor has he been able to get it online. Not even our Best Buy Business Rep can get them. So I'd guess that the reason why they're not selling is ether because their not really carrying them much or can't get a supply of them.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I purchased mine on release day from a Microsoft store because nobody had it. Since then my friend has been trying to get it from Best Buy to use his Reward Zone points to get it for free. However Best Buy doesn't have it in the local stores, they never have. Nor has he been able to get it online. Not even our Best Buy Business Rep can get them. So I'd guess that the reason why they're not selling is ether because their not really carrying them much or can't get a supply of them.

I'm not surprised it's not doing well at Best Buy. I was at a store the other day and they didn't have them here either and the employees, of course, push everybody to the Samsung products.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've read that VZW sells about 10 million smartphones per quarter (3 months), so 2-3 million per month. But then I see that they sold 7 million iPhones in Q4 2012, with 3.1 million being iPhone 5's. Adjusting for Christmas, probably about 500k for a regular month? So for the timeframe of that data, probably somewhere under that for 928. Hard to guestimate any further, but not more than 500,000. Could be much lower of course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99